Sign in to follow this  
DaveL

BASC Press Release, Airgun Licensing Advice Updated

BASC updates air weapon licensing advice

BASC has responded to the Scottish government’s long-awaited publication of regulations on air weapon licensing and its announcement on fees – which are £72.00 for new applications, £20 for a visitor permit and £5 for existing shotgun and firearm certificate holders.

BASC Scotland has updated their FAQs with the updated information and will be advising on the legislation, which comes into force on January 1 next year, at events such as the Royal Highland Show.

BASC Scotland director Colin Shedden said: “While we welcome the nominal fee for existing certificate holders, which BASC was instrumental in securing, we still have grave concerns regarding the implementation of a licensing scheme that will impact thousands of people.

“Hopefully, our updated FAQs will go some way towards addressing the questions from BASC members and the public, who have been waiting for this information an unacceptable amount of time.”

Note to Editors: The updated FAQs are available here - http://basc.org.uk/basc-scotland/airguns-in-scotland/airgun-licensing-in-scotland-frequently-asked-questions/

For more information, please contact BASC's press office on 01244 573007 or email press@basc.org.uk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are receiving this message from Garry Doolan, press@basc.org.uk at British Association for Shooting & Conservation (BASC).

United Kingdom, fdsgsd, vsdvsd, sdbsd

debbie.collins@basc.org.uk

I read with interest the FAQ about the licensing, and while they were (quick to publish!!!) the fee's to obtain a permit/grant a license they failed to tell the poor people up in Scotland how long the license will last.

Another reason perhaps why they should really look at what they are asking the police do, there are obviously thousands of air rifles old and new out there how possibly are they going to police it.

I for one at the moment are glad I live where I do. :amen: