Sign in to follow this  
holly

Spring gun tuning service

Ok i have just put together my SR after extensive tuning . it only took three hours . i do have a few bits left over but i am sure they do not matter ( got a big curly thing about 9 inches long ) i will give it a run out tomorrow . scope bolted on and looking to clear the course ??? HOLLY :thefinger::cheers::escape:

I admire your tenacity, or is it something with 'ity' on the end I forget.

Well, could this be a new chapter in the Hollingdale journey from Milan missile to GC2 and now SR....:grin:

Zebberdy can find a use for it, nothing lost keep up the good work.

Probably for the best Jon, after all I've never heard of anyone chopping their thumb off in an SR breech, but if the anti-bear were left off, well anything could happen....:grin:

Having now seen the insides of the beast .. i think it may be a bit delicate for me so may sell/swap/px it it for a TX 200 MK3 or a HW 97 K ??? HOLLY

PS lovely and smooth to cock now .

Having now seen the insides of the beast .. i think it may be a bit delicate for me so may sell/swap/px it it for a TX 200 MK3 or a HW 97 K ??? HOLLY

PS lovely and smooth to cock now .

Well it would be with no spring or piston in it...:rolleyes: Edited by Eaton Rifles

Now that is just nit picking col . you cannot have everything ??? HOLLY

Im gonna guess tht youve setup the sledge too loose

Holly's now scratching his head wondering why you're going about a sledge and there's no snow....:rolleyes:

Setting the sledge is a bit of an art form dave . i'd talk you through it , but i reckon you is to thick to pick it up . being a lorry driver an all . :thefinger: ??? HOLLY :amen::cheers:

Setting the sledge is a bit of an art form dave . i'd talk you through it , but i reckon you is to thick to pick it up . being a lorry driver an all . :thefinger: ??? HOLLY :amen::cheers:

As an ex owner i was gonna offer you the benifit of my experience

But not now

Edited by dc1

As i remember it , the reason you sold it was because the sledge kept coming loose Dave ??? HOLLY :poster_oops::cheers:

As i remember it , the reason you sold it was because the sledge kept coming loose Dave ??? HOLLY :poster_oops::cheers:

Dont mean i dont know how to adjust one tho

That and the fact that its had a horrible great big twirly thing in the middle of it

Twirly thing hey ? now you are making me jealous ??? HOLLY

Did someone mention a Curley Whirley?

Wonderful sweet, I remember when they were like a railroad track in a packet, not the minuscule things they are now....:rolleyes:

By the way no course was cleared today .no targets were harmed . why ? cos it had only gone up 20 fps . grrrrrrr . down it come , more washers going ??? HOLLY

By the way no course was cleared today .no targets were harmed . why ? cos it had only gone up 20 fps . grrrrrrr . down it come , more washers going ??? HOLLY

It's like Openheimer tinkering with FatBoy hoping that something, anything will work...:rolleyes:

Colin , we have the tech . we can do it and when we have done it . it will be on it's bike ??? HOLLY

PS i have a yen for a Theoben GP thumb hole . nice . very nice ??? HOLLY

Colin , we have the tech . we can do it and when we have done it . it will be on it's bike ??? HOLLY

PS i have a yen for a Theoben GP thumb hole . nice . very nice ??? HOLLY

Nooooooo, you can't.

Surely even you have limits, next you're be wanting to tune an SLR98....:grin:

Hi lads

I don't shoot for any club or competition, only shoot in my back garden plinking or those pesky grey squirrel's, but love the banter between you guys.

It makes the day a little lighter, rather than listen to the doom and gloom on the radio/tv keep it up.

If its not too early I wish you all a very merry christmas and happy and healthy new year. Bob

Hi lads

I don't shoot for any club or competition, only shoot in my back garden plinking or those pesky grey squirrel's, but love the banter between you guys.

It makes the day a little lighter, rather than listen to the doom and gloom on the radio/tv keep it up.

If its not too early I wish you all a very merry christmas and happy and healthy new year. Bob

OMG Holly we've been rumbled, there's.....umm someone else in here as well....:rolleyes:

Ah well, welcome to the crazy party Bob and pitch in however tenuous to actual shooting or anything else for that matter, Holly makes sure of that...:grin:

Well Bob since you are in the land of Jon Harris up there in the frozen north and Millride . staying at home is a very good option . otherwise you would have to listen to him and darron churning on about how many targets they missed that saturday . ??? HOLLY

PS Banter ? i though we were being serious Col .

holly didnt i say get a aarms kit or you will get all sorts of trouble , wev had 5 sr over the years :amen:

The only trouble i have is a blathering old bus driver going on at me about his knackered old Whiscombe ??? HOLLY

The only trouble i have is a blathering old bus driver going on at me about his knackered old Whiscombe ??? HOLLY

I thought that was plural? :grin:

Most wished they had stayed at home Sunday, you suverners would have had a ######y fit dnf and walked off.

Bobs no where near about 45 mile away by the Shooting Show, that's norf of Watford.

Most wished they had stayed at home Sunday, you suverners would have had a ######y fit dnf and walked off.

Bobs no where near about 45 mile away by the Shooting Show, that's norf of Watford.

Not me Jon, I would have stuck it out just to catch Holly's wheel as it dropped off yet again... :grin:

I now have one of mr harris side wheels on most of my scopes . so if any of em come off , i know where to call ??? HOLLY