Sign in to follow this  
Jon

ANCHUTZ 9015 CLUB BST

What You Think We Are Supposed To Stay On Subject ? Impossible , Unheard of , Noway Hosay ??? HOLLY

Neil. It's a long story that I'm sure holly will fill you in on one day at a shoot. As for going off topic. It's perfectly the norm on this forum,that's what makes it so mad lol

Well if you know what they are on about Stan then you are part of a very exclusive club :-)

And i would like to point out to Neil , that is not unknown for HIM to go off topic . usually about his old Nag ( the horse ) . which i hear is ready for the glue factory ??? HOLLY :cheers::escape:

Usually about cake actually.

Well if you know what they are on about Stan then you are part of a very exclusive club :-)

We still have a pic in the club hut of the three of them. Very cosy. Lol

Yep the evidence is there for all to see and as for trying to suggest that poor young Matt was part of this ménage a trois, well shame on you...:grin:

:poster_oops::escape:

32174230543_3d371924fc_c.jpg

Holly's looking very please with himself.

Not as pleased as Davinia as she's blocking the only entrance out of the van....:grin:

In that little van was six of us . we had i am afraid been on the beer for some while . i am pretty sure Bazza or ted Skingle took Dav Home ? ohhhh the scandel . ??? HOLLY

PS Me , Clarky . Ted , Bazza , Dav , and Old Alan ??? HOLLY

PS could some one please post the photo over to me .

PSS that was a good euros . -excrement- score , good beer . no sex of any sort .

In that little van was six of us . we had i am afraid been on the beer for some while . i am pretty sure Bazza or ted Skingle took Dav Home ? ohhhh the scandel . ??? HOLLY

PS Me , Clarky . Ted , Bazza , Dav , and Old Alan ??? HOLLY

PS could some one please post the photo over to me .

PSS that was a good euros . -excrement- score , good beer . no sex of any sort .

There you go again, trying to duck and dive....:grin:

No Ducking no diving . me and clarky were innocent men ??? HOLLY

PS unlike a certain ETL shooter under the billiard table . no names . no pack drill .

No Ducking no diving . me and clarky were innocent men ??? HOLLY

PS unlike a certain ETL shooter under the billiard table . no names . no pack drill .

Sounds like young Douglas?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ??? HOLLY

Well, a reasonable day at West Devon today, I am pretty sure I got 2nd in A with a 32, beaten by a 34.

Of the misses, the first was a mystery flyer on a 50 plus yarder, next was a severe heart rate related dink on a straightforward 25 yard stander (I got all the rest), one was a wobble in just the wrong direction at just the wrong moment, one was the ar$e behind the trigger dialing 1+4 only to find I had actually dialed 3+4, and the rest can be put down to misreading the wind and being too cautious... in that I was inside edge of kill when dead centre would have nailed it. I did finish by flooring a 40 yard stander, so it wasn't all bad.

I did not come out of the kill all day, but I suspect that was the same for a lot of people as there was very little wind, but what was there was hard to read at times, especially on the last couple of lanes.

So, not a bad first outing, I was hoping for a class win, but aren't we all on every occasion.

Top score for the day was James Head who shot a 39 x 40, closely followed by The Awesime with a 37 I believe.

Sounds like good shooting and a good day Neil. I pur my scope on my now complete (all bar finishing of woodwork) JH 9015 yesterday an: zeroed it at Millride, managed a 28/30 on a decent course for the win. Went to MFTA summer league at far coley and hit a 37/40 today with two of the misses being poor standers so happy with life at the moment. My programme now switches to focusing on August when I return from Holiday when I will up my discipline practice.

Sorry guys I've been keeping an eye on the forum but not contributing much as I've been moving house etc. Glad your all well and looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Nice shooting Daz.

The next SWEFTA shoot is in two weeks at the equally exposed / windy dartmoor Marksmen, let's see if I can be a little more brave and hedge less of my bets.

Good shooting you two, time to upset the applecart at the World's......:grin:

Over to the Hawks again today and out onto the GP course... which will not be there for much longer as I am about to start changing things.

Anyway, clear to the second lot of standers and just mistimed the shot at the 32 yarder, cleared a few more lanes and then I got into the first downhill woodland section, the wind came up and it all went a bit haywire. I struggled on through trying to work out what the issue was. The wind had come up a bit and was changing direction quite a bit, I also misranged a target, only by a few yards but enough when aiming high in the kill to see it land just above and dead centre.

In the end I figured it out; at a certain velocity of wind the pellets start to both drift and lift, so what would normally be an inside or outside edge of kill becomes the same but at 25 past or 25 to. Once I figured that out I got on a lot better, although I still missed the long uphill kneeler, mostly due to poor shooting... actually entirely down to poor shooting, and I think I missed one more in the last ten.

Several more members tried the 9015 and made suitable noises, although, as every ebay seller knows, watchers do not always turn into buyers.

Every shoot is an education at the moment and accuracy wise the 9015 reminds me in many ways of my 2002, only it is more predictable and is working well with 8.5grain H&N's, something my 2002 will not do.

So Neil is the 9015 the Best FT rifle you Own ? is it as good as it needs to be . or can it be made better .if so how . is there anything out there that you think might do the job better . last but not least , is it value for money and would you recommend it ??? HOLLY

Yes it is excellent value for money and yes I would recommend it.

What would make it better, a custom stock and that is planned, unless I can stumble across a Lannyman stock that is identical to the one I have for my Walther.

Is it the best FT rifle I have... yes I think it probably is, but it still has its own characteristics that need to be learned. Is it as good as it needs to be, no, as it is not as good as it could be, but that is again down to the stock / fit / weight rather than the action.

Is there anything that would do a better job? Maybe, but I've not shot it.

One question you missed; does it give me confidence in my ability? Yes, it certainly does that, to the point where it is possible to get a bit lazy, and then DINK! It punishes you.

There we are then punters . if it can make neil into a better shot . what can it do for you . get your old harris around to mr jon harris and get one . ??? HOLLY

I didn't say it made me a better shot, I said it was a good rifle.

Don't worry Neil . we have the tech , we can do it ( i hope ) ??? HOLLY

I have never seen one of these 9015 guns and will kindly appreciate if someone would put a close up picture of the transfer port...

I am considering getting one for modifying it myself to US specs... In the past I successfully modified a FWB 700 to 12 ft./lb and some other guns to much more power.

Since Anschutz offers this gun in a 12 ft./lb. version for FT and Jon has been modifying them, I have no doubt it can be done. I want a Club gun stock with a 9015 action

and not the FT gun with the ONE stock at $2,000 more over the price of the club version (in the US).

Regards,

AZ

I have never seen one of these 9015 guns and will kindly appreciate if someone would put a close up picture of the transfer port...

I am considering getting one for modifying it myself to US specs... In the past I successfully modified a FWB 700 to 12 ft./lb and some other guns to much more power.

Since Anschutz offers this gun in a 12 ft./lb. version for FT and Jon has been modifying them, I have no doubt it can be done. I want a Club gun stock with a 9015 action

and not the FT gun with the ONE stock at $2,000 more over the price of the club version (in the US).

Regards,

AZ

Azuaro, the transfer port is no different to any other modern Anschutz, i.e. the 8002 or 9003, it's still the same sliding shuttle mechanism just a different colour.

Thank you Colin...I became confused after reading someone noticing the "inconvenience of an open port (when raining) like a Steyr" and I though that this new model came with interchangeable ports like the LG-110 does; if this were the case it would be a nice feature.

Edited by azuaro