Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

The World FT Championships at Glanusk, Glorious Wales....:)

You appoint a publicity officer . he gets a couple of gents with video cameras ( Local welsh shooters ) . they take highlights of the day . concentrating on the known shots . try to bulid a bit of excitement . stick em on you tube ( face book ) every night . leave the pros to do there's after the shoot . that way every body is envolved . you know the saying " Everybody Counts , Or Nobody Counts " ??? HOLLY

Or as an alternative, you get your butt to the event, watch and learn then buy all the exhausted competitors a few drinks in the bar and try and keep up with the conversation...:grin:

I know the exact figures of Wales, and Portugal.

Coverage costs.

All things cost. It's that simple.

Money comes from the shooters, the trade, and spectators. Aside from government funding (which is unlikely in England), that's it. There's no other revenue stream.

So if you want someone to run around supplying on the minute reporting, there's 3 routes. Be there (in which case you don't need it), or pay for it (like you do for the olympics with the TV license).

Until the sport has an audience, the trade isn't going to support the amount it costs to do that, not to a serious degree. Yeh you may get a load of google ads but that doesn't cover the kit and time needed to do the job properly. The audience has to come first. So to do that the audience needs to pay for the coverage it wants supplied. It's that or the sport puts the prices up for the shooters to do it.

Rob,

What kind of figures are we talking about?

Am also interested in man hour costs, expenses, etc?

Matt

Wales was 5 figures. Portugal was 6. But I'm not going into detail on a forum.

What's the interest Matt? If it's for the trade our Trade Liaison is Justin Wood. If you haven't got his details let me know and I'll PM them :)

Rob,

Two fold, firstly to give others an idea as to costs and man power involved to stop them moaning.

Second it was part of a conversation I was involved with on Monday with a sponsor, I could only speculate as to the costs and man hours.

Matt

Ah ok. Justin's the man for the sponsor to talk to then.

Rob,

I will message John from Wales and also Sergio, see where that goes.

Matt

Bear in mind that each event will vary. Costs for England will be different again. And information on that will only come from the committee.

Rob,

It's just ballpark figures required.

The hard part I would guess for any governing body is the size of funds required, with no guarantee. The problem then becomes, if a fund was available, managing it.

Matt

A large amount of the funding is guaranteed by the shooters attending, and then you have other revenue streams on top. Managing it is down to the committee which the EFTA have in place. as did WAFTA and Portugal.

If there's some assistance you or anyone else wishes to offer, then PM me and I'll pass on the relevant contact's details and I'm sure any offers of assistance will be most gratefully received.

Edited by robF