• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
holly

Is Colin still With Us ?

So colin are you still in the land of the living . ??? HOLLY

Sounded like the bug he swallowed had a sting, nasty.

As a cyclists I unfortunately get to eat plenty of extra protein when riding, and it is never nice.

when running , on the in breath , i always put my tongue up to the roof of the mouth . the flies and god knows what stuck to that . still was a job to spit em out . ??? HOLLY

Poor old Colin can hardly talk, he had Monday off work but had to go in today as they refuse to offer sick pay! -insult-s.

I'm more up on contract than employment law, but I'm pretty sure that's not legal.

At Jewsons , the manger decided who got sick pay and who did not . needless to say nobody got sick pay cept his bum boys ??? HOLLY

Nat's are you sure it is not a PPXQ ??? HOLLY

Only legal requirement is SSP

Yes, just looked that up and that is only after four days.

My company only pay 90% of salary, but I have never come across a company that does not pay at all... and I have worked for some right bar stewards.

Ok I am still here, though for sure one of my nine lives got used up.

In short what I thought was a fly turned out to be a wasp and the sharp scratch I felt down the back of my throat was it stinging me, though funnily enough it didn't feel like a sting as such. Quack said that I'm having a severe reaction to the poison which is why my throat swelled so I couldn't breathe and why even now I feel like absolute -rubbish-, think your worst hangover with a pounding head, streaming eyes, nose and throat.

Trust me if I could have got to Maldon I would have gone but Saturday night and all day Sunday is an experience I wouldn't bestow on my worst enemy.

Still apart from having a throat which the doctor said looks like 'chopped meat' at least I can function today and according to the quack as I didn't die from the sting despite the shock next time won't be so bad. Silver lining and all that.

Well my intercontinental ballistic wasp failed then to see off colin . still as usual my aim was perfect . ??? HOLLY

PS colin brace your self for the Hornet coming over now .

Well my intercontinental ballistic wasp failed then to see off colin . still as usual my aim was perfect . ??? HOLLY

PS colin brace your self for the Hornet coming over now .

I know it sounds funny but I didn't realise until I went to the doctors that I'd been stung as it didn't really hurt, just like a small scratch. She had a right go at me for not going up A&E but I really hate hospitals and the thought of sitting around for 8 hours while they have a go for wasting their time didn't appeal.

I know it sounds weird but in my fevered delirium on Saturday night I kept on having this dream of being in Fred West's basement with my head completely wrapped in sticking plaster and breathing through a couple of straws up my nose. Very random.

-covered in gore- hell Colin you don't do things by halves! Hope you feel better soon!

Colin would you please take more care of your self ? if you peg out i will have to buy Neil All the Burgers . ( if he can find me ) ??? HOLLY

colin wasps are cheaper than booze ,be like holly and eat burgers :poster_oops:

Another sleepless night, so another -excrement- day at work.

Gargling with disprin every four hours is wearing a little thin, still onwards and upwards.

I thought it would not be long before Terry came out of the woodwork , with one of his little homily's ??? HOLLY :soapbox:

PS Take me away from all this Mother . :sign_help:

Did an intensive routine of gargling alternatively with warm salt and honey water followed by half a bottle of antihistamines as a night cap. Seemed to do the trick as I actually went to sleep and even though I can still feel the lump when I swallow as least now my throat isn't trying to throw itself onto my chest.

Now I just need to sort the bruises from being battered all night...:rolleyes:

If you come over here Colin we will give a lump all right to go with the other one ??? HOLLY

If you come over here Colin we will give a lump all right to go with the other one ??? HOLLY

I've had enough pain for the month thanks...:rolleyes:

colins from etl a wasp wont stop him strong as old boots ,i think hobnobs would be better tasting :Spike

Yes terry . for once you have hit the nail on the head . " Old Boot " yep that is Colin ??? HOLLY

Over a week on and slowly improving though I can still feel a lump down my throat when I swallow. Sinuses are still on overdrive so plenty of watering eyes and running noses with a splattering of sneezing fits, none of which is good for calm, accurate shooting.... :uhh:

You will get there colin ??? HOLLY

Now developed into a full blown Summer cold with a nose like a tap and a record for me of 13 sneezes on the trot, unless this improves before Sunday I'll give Kent a miss and concentrate on Springfield.