• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
SteveC200

Who made this reg?

A Shamal up the club sprung a leak today so I've had a nose inside to see whats what. It turns out that some time in the distant past its been regged and its one of the reg O rings that is leaking. So have you chaps any idea who made this?

post-29201-0-57929500-1500228525_thumb.jpg

Hi Steve,

That was my Shamal.

Regged by Dave Welhan in Sept '93.

Cheers,

Chris

Don't take it back to dave welham . when i took my early NJR with a converted air arms reg by dave , for Tony Belas . Dave threw it in the bin ??? HOLLY

Certainly has . Sold it to Ron Crawford in about '94 when I got a RN10 Mk 2. As far as I know Ron used it from then onwards and it had never been serviced.

Don't take it back to dave welham . when i took my early NJR with a converted air arms reg by dave , for Tony Belas . Dave threw it in the bin ??? HOLLY

The reg in it is a Dave Welham one not an AA one.

Dave also cut the cylinder and action down as well at the same time ,basically making it a carbine . It improved the balance considerably, apparently he started doing this after making one for his daughter ??.

I remember his daughter , a errr buxom wench . i never liked the sound of the shamal . it was more of a blatt than a crack . ??? HOLLY

Never met her. And yep the Shamal did blatt but that improved after it was shortened.

I had a airmasters Shamal , shortened action in a John welham stock . with olympic trigger the lot . that blatted too so i sold it . nice looking gun . i do like a good crack , when firing . left over from my full bore day's . ??? HOLLY

I bought Bazza's Shamal for Nikki to use and it was blindingly accurate for it's day, though a little too long as a rifle. Pretty sure it wasn't regged but it was very consistent. I seem to remember the trigger wasn't all that.

I had an olympic trigger on my NJR circa '92 it was an extra £100 and the only difference from a standard trigger unit was the highly polished straight blade, easiest £95 Bill Saunders ever made I reckon....:rolleyes:

Noway colin . yes the Olympic trigger was a bitch to adjust and took a couple of weeks to get right BUT once done it was as least as good or better than an EV2 trigger ??? HOLLY

Ah the Sahamal. My first pcp,I can still hear that valve bouncing lol

Noway colin . yes the Olympic trigger was a bitch to adjust and took a couple of weeks to get right BUT once done it was as least as good or better than an EV2 trigger ??? HOLLY

Have to agree with you Holly, the Olympic trigger IMO was better than the RN10's.

They were getting good money a while ago . maybe not now . but the NJR was a good rifle , just too heavy . ??? HOLLY

i bought a shamal with ft stock years ago from alan knock only 150 a real bargain :)

Didn't they carry on under the guise of S300?

Edited by springboy

Don't think so Stan . the RN 10 was next up after the NJR . a failed ten meter rifle as i remember it ??? HOLLY

No I'm talking about the shamal. I thought it was called the S300 after the shamal.

Don't think so Stan . the RN 10 was next up after the NJR . a failed ten meter rifle as i remember it ??? HOLLY

That would be the RWS CA100 then.

What is that when it is at home Stan .??? HOLLY

No I'm talking about the shamal. I thought it was called the S300 after the shamal.

I thought that the Shamal came before the NJR , known as the '100' series the TM,SM,XM and the NJR.

The S300 was/is a single shot 'budget' sporter style rifle the forerunner to the 400. IIRC it had a very basic trigger mech.

What is that when it is at home Stan .??? HOLLY

One of these.

BIG_0010523723.jpg

17033708.jpg

Ahh right RWS don't make anything , they market gear . so AA were selling it . or trying to sell it under RWS guise .did not have much success then ??? HOLLY

As far as I can remember they took the CA100 , which as you correctly stated was a 10 mtr gun, and upped the power to 12 ft/lbs. Later it was re-branded as the RN 10 ( RN being Rob Nicholls who owned NSP Engineering where AA are based and the 10 for it's 10mtr heritage. The early ones had a barrel much longer than the cylinder and a muzzle break / weight not dis-similar to the FTP900's.

The rest is history as they say. We got the RN10 Mk 2 then a Mk3 reg and finally the Pro-Target FT which had the floating barrel from the factory and the famed or is that infamous Mk3 reg. I had a Mk 2 back in the day and quickly had one of Keith's lightweight shrouds put on it.

From there the EV's followed finishing with the current EV2 Mk V , ooops I meant the FTP900.

the first two regs were not repairable i think . personally i thought the MK 111 reg was OK . mr welham seems to think that reg was " borrowed " from his design . the FTP is just a overweight , tarted up EV2 .really AA should stick to sporting rifles ??? HOLLY

Was the Mk 3 reg not 'copied' / designed by Joe Korick in the states ?. I know that when Wayne serviced my PT, which has the Mk3 reg , he replaced a part sourced from Joe.

When my RN10 Mk 2 reg failed Bill Sanders just had a Mk 3 fitted FOC as they were out then. So you could be right that the earlier ones were not repairable.

Edited by Lofty

No real difference between corricks regs and AA MK 111 reg , performance wise . but corrick did some lovely titanium cylinders .??? HOLLY

Got a Ti cylinder on mine. It was John Walkers or possibly Rob's , either way it does make it balance better.

I'd guess that mine's a Mick Tronman one.

Very nice ??? HOLLY