Sign in to follow this  
holly

Messing with a Steyr .

Not much in the way of air left anyway andy ??? HOLLY

Not much in the way of air left anyway andy ??? HOLLY

Time to get that pump out and have a real workout on that hip....:grin:

Did five lanes today . it is the getting up and down . gotta sort the best way to do it . our course is very lumpy bumpy . ??? HOLLY

Just realised

I before E (yes I know theres no C but wheres the fun in that?)

Therefore thread should be Missing with a Steyr

Edited by dc1

Just realised

I before E (yes I know theres no C but wheres the fun in that?)

Therefore thread should be Missing with a Steyr

:rofl2::escape:

Well Dave there has been plenty of that . today i thought i am gonna sort it today . first pellet down the range at 9.30 am . final pellets down range just before 4 tonight . finally got it sorted . very strong wind right to left , 50 yards . all pellets in a straight line depending on the wind strength . AT -covered in gore- LAST . that took 4 day's to get it dead right . change this change that , do this do that . i think i have shot the Steyr out of my system . maybe think about Gary Cane later . ??? HOLLY

PS for thos who know nothing of Steyr's . the LG 100 only has one barrel bolt . if you relieve the forward support for clearance . the barrel when shot at FT speeds . vibrates more that it was designed for . so you put an O ring in to stop it . but that alters the vibrations again . so you put barrel weights on it . till you get it right . takes ages . in this case putting one of hydrographics stainless heavy muzzle brakes on it did the trick . there we are even colin has learnt something .

Well Dave there has been plenty of that . today i thought i am gonna sort it today . first pellet down the range at 9.30 am . final pellets down range just before 4 tonight . finally got it sorted . very strong wind right to left , 50 yards . all pellets in a straight line depending on the wind strength . AT -covered in gore- LAST . that took 4 day's to get it dead right . change this change that , do this do that . i think i have shot the Steyr out of my system . maybe think about Gary Cane later . ??? HOLLY

PS for thos who know nothing of Steyr's . the LG 100 only has one barrel bolt . if you relieve the forward support for clearance . the barrel when shot at FT speeds . vibrates more that it was designed for . so you put an O ring in to stop it . but that alters the vibrations again . so you put barrel weights on it . till you get it right . takes ages . in this case putting one of hydrographics stainless heavy muzzle brakes on it did the trick . there we are even colin has learnt something .

Sounds a bit too flakey to be viable in competition...:rolleyes:

It is there and ready to win . with the right man behind it of course . so colin you need not apply ??? HOLLY

PS if you has spent some time on your steyr , you might still have it .

It is there and ready to win . with the right man behind it of course . so colin you need not apply ??? HOLLY

PS if you has spent some time on your steyr , you might still have it .

You're joking, that old nail didn't have the first idea about consistency and accuracy, worst new rifle I've ever bought. I loved the way that the inside of the barrel was made from pure carbon, or at least it might be considering the amount of pure black that used to come out of it on patches.

Remind me never to be an early adopter again....:grin:

Some rifles need work , some don't . they all can be improved ??? HOLLY

Some rifles need work , some don't . they all can be improved ??? HOLLY

No, some you just have to accept will never perform to an acceptable level.

Unfortunately too many manufacturers think that their remit is just to produce a rifle that spits a pellet out with no recourse to how consistently or accurately it does the spitting.

Maybe with a different barrel the Steyr might have performed but after a year of trying to coax some sort of accuracy out of it I just let it go and thankfully only lost a couple of hundred quid.

I see that even now most new Steyr owners chuck the barrels from day one, I guess there's a World of difference from acceptable accuracy at 10 and 50m...:rolleyes:

I know it should not happen colin . that is why Mr Harris and co make a living from slug guns . when you think that a steyr is now £ 2300 . the price of a decent second hand car . but -excrement- happens and it happens to us . so get ready i see a storm of -excrement- coming our way ??? HOLLY :poster_oops::cheers:

I know it should not happen colin . that is why Mr Harris and co make a living from slug guns . when you think that a steyr is now £ 2300 . the price of a decent second hand car . but -excrement- happens and it happens to us . so get ready i see a storm of -excrement- coming our way ??? HOLLY :poster_oops::cheers:

Yep except that you see the work and materials in a second hand car and compare that with s Steyr and even accounting for a bit of R&D and a punt in the Christmas fund I can't see anymore than £500 sitting there especially as it's mass produced. Someone is conning the masses to be honest.

Yes Colin and we are the biggest mugs in the world when it comes to getting conned . the yanks would not stand for this -rubbish- . ??? HOLLY

Yes Colin and we are the biggest mugs in the world when it comes to getting conned . the yanks would not stand for this -rubbish- . ??? HOLLY

Hence why in business the rest of the World refer to the UK as Treasure Island....:rolleyes:

Yes double the price we should be paying cos of air arms and daystate .??? HOLLY

OK sunday , was a visit from bazza . some of Andy's targets baffled him . but having said that they baffled Andy as well .shot the steyr once again . no zero shift even though a dirty barrel . groups were good , windage good . wednesday will be last test . then up for sale . gonna try lube . the rifle seemed to like the lube on the snipers but not so much the snipers . got 4 empty tins , put 1 drop in the first , two in the second and so on . then put a layer of pellets to cover the bottom of the tin . will start low and work up to see if it is of help for 1/ accuracy and 2/ windage .. dry first as a standard . don't try , don't know ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

OK sunday , was a visit from bazza . some of Andy's targets baffled him . but having said that they baffled Andy as well .shot the steyr once again . no zero shift even though a dirty barrel . groups were good , windage good . wednesday will be last test . then up for sale . gonna try lube . the rifle seemed to like the lube on the snipers but not so much the snipers . got 4 empty tins , put 1 drop in the first , two in the second and so on . then put a layer of pellets to cover the bottom of the tin . will start low and work up to see if it is of help for 1/ accuracy and 2/ windage .. dry first as a standard . don't try , don't know ??? HOLLY

I put six drops in the top of a new tin, replace the lid before heading for a shoot, by the time I get there those six drops have coated each and every pellet perfectly...:grin:

One of the things i like about old mr shutz is , it likes dry pellets .no hassel , just shoot . ??? HOLLY

One of the things i like about old mr shutz is , it likes dry pellets .no hassel , just shoot . ??? HOLLY

I've never found a rifle that didn't appreciate a bit o' lube. Question is which one, i seem to remember Sir Nick favouring lemon floor wax and Bazza KY-Gel....:rolleyes:

well Neil reckons Nick had a mix . a secret formulae ??? HOLLY

well Neil reckons Nick had a mix . a secret formulae ??? HOLLY

Yea lemon floor wax, that was the secret mix....:grin:

Nope Neil def said it was a mix ??? HOLLY

Nope Neil def said it was a mix ??? HOLLY

Lemons and floor wax, that's a mix....:grin:

No colin that was just something terry doe stuck in the mag ??? HOLLY

No colin that was just something terry doe stuck in the mag ??? HOLLY

:rolleyes:

Ok last day out with the steyr . shot well with dry pellets . slightly better with three drops of FP 10 on the pellets . personally i will stay with dry pellets . ready to sell on . ??? HOLLY

Ok last day out with the steyr . shot well with dry pellets . slightly better with three drops of FP 10 on the pellets . personally i will stay with dry pellets . ready to sell on . ??? HOLLY

Well I hope you find it a good home as it certainly could shoot when I tried it.

Not that one colin . this is a LG 100 in grandads old stock . i would not say it is as good as that one ( the wifes ) but very little in it . ??? HOLLY

Both steyrs out tomorrow . the wifes cos she lost her ranges/ numbers sheet . grrrrrrr . and mine cos i just wanna shoot it . i am not convinced that putting the steyr in the pup stock is best for her . she is better sitting with the pup . but most of the time she does bench or standers when she attends .??? HOLLY