Sign in to follow this  
holly

Messing with a Steyr .

Both steyrs out tomorrow . the wifes cos she lost her ranges/ numbers sheet . grrrrrrr . and mine cos i just wanna shoot it . i am not convinced that putting the steyr in the pup stock is best for her . she is better sitting with the pup . but most of the time she does bench or standers when she attends .??? HOLLY

I doubt it with the weather unless Carisbroke has suddenly aquired a nice warm sheltered zero range...:grin:

No not out today . too much rain and knackered from too much work in the garden ??? HOLLY

PS who said being retired was easy , hey .

No not out today . too much rain and knackered from too much work in the garden ??? HOLLY

PS who said being retired was easy , hey .

Don't say I didn't tell you......oh hold on....:grin:

Ok wife out tomorrow ( she say's ) gotta decide between the pup stocked Steyr and the hunter stocked steyr . she has not been getting the standers with the pup . also do the power check to see whether bazza was right or wrong . as said shoot at 780 and then down to 750 fps . too see how much drop i get ??? HOLLY

OK lot's of messing with Steyrs today . the wife decide to go back to the hunter stock , after much testing . i did a classic silly on getting to the club of checking my rifle over the chrono before it had a chance to cool down . so 795 . ohhh too high . down to 780. but of course after shooting for a while it was down to 763 as it cooled . anyway once set up at 780 . two shots were fired at 55 yards . then down to 750 and two shots fired . the first shot at 750 dropped an inch . the second half an inch . subsequent shots at that power were all with in an inch . grouping in a light wind was not good at that power . ??? HOLLY

PS after two charges of air , around 160 shots . i found the groups getting smaller as the barrel leaded up . the trick now is to find out where they start to get bigger again . i think it will be similar to my shutz . EG . shoot it for a day before a comp . then leave it till after the comp to clean it .

Messed with the wifes steyr today . now set up back in it's full length stock . as soon as i get another trigger post i will do the pup ??? HOLLY

Messed with the wifes steyr today . now set up back in it's full length stock . as soon as i get another trigger post i will do the pup ??? HOLLY

Dualstagetriggershoe_blackgreenblue_smal

Here you go, a choice of three trigger posts, now get on with the pup already....:rolleyes:

Well col . i would like to thank you for that really good effort BUT they are the wrong type ??? HOLLY

PS grandad is supposed to be sending me one . or not .

Well col . i would like to thank you for that really good effort BUT they are the wrong type ??? HOLLY

PS grandad is supposed to be sending me one . or not .

The last thing I heard he wanted to send you involved ticking and a sticky end...:grin:

OK trigger sorted on the Pup despite Colins doubts , as i knew it would ( he lied ) i have put the custom shop on the pup to see if i can get on with it . early start tomorrow as it is due to rain in the afternoon . fingers crossed , i am sure the sitters will be ok . but will the standers work out . ??? HOLLY

Weights are easy to machine up, and if you go the other way someone is doing a whole back end lightened.

Yes Rob i have a selection of weights . i am hoping the hydro graphics very heavy stainless break will do the job . we will see . cheers HOLLY

Got down early to miss some of the wind . shot some nice groups . tried the outfit standing . really too light on the front . sitting it was too low for me . so a couple of mods needed ??? HOLLY

A lesson to be learned today on the standers . i was not doing that well on the sitters as the rifle did not fit properly . so tried the standers . awful . had enough of this going for a cuppa . sat there and thought . can't end it like this . so get out and do the set standing course .5 resetters . 10 shots . 10 , 15 , 20 , 25 , 30 and finish with a inch bell at 28 yards . just gritted my teeth ( well i would have if i had any ) and said grrrrr gonna get these . and did . all in the mind mateys . do not . do not ever give up on the shot . .??? HOLLY

A lesson to be learned today on the standers . i was not doing that well on the sitters as the rifle did not fit properly . so tried the standers . awful . had enough of this going for a cuppa . sat there and thought . can't end it like this . so get out and do the set standing course .5 resetters . 10 shots . 10 , 15 , 20 , 25 , 30 and finish with a inch bell at 28 yards . just gritted my teeth ( well i would have if i had any ) and said grrrrr gonna get these . and did . all in the mind mateys . do not . do not ever give up on the shot . .??? HOLLY

....and in fine Dallas styley you then woke up and realised you'd nodded off after pigging out on the cake at lunchtime....:grin:

I shall continue my never ending quest to get a few standers under my belt . with i hope a return to scintillating form coming shortly after . or not . ??? HOLLY

I shall continue my never ending quest to get a few standers under my belt . with i hope a return to scintillating form coming shortly after . or not . ??? HOLLY

OooooKay....:grin:

Well, we'll wait your arrival on the Saturday at Glanusk with baited breath, though bear in mind that if it's about 7pm then everyone will be eating their nosh at the Manor Hotel before the trophies are dished out. :grin:

Nah cannot do it . the funeral , the daughters car and her ferry have swallowed the dosh ??? HOLLY

Nah cannot do it . the funeral , the daughters car and her ferry have swallowed the dosh ??? HOLLY

Well.

That is a real pity and when we were all looking forward to seeing you on the last day.

Maybe everyone in the FT community should initiate a whip-round to see if we can raise some dosh..............so that you'll stay on the Rock :grin:

All donations to the resurrection of colins talent . please send them to the home for the bewildered at ETL ( also known as a FT club ) ??? HOLLY

All donations to the resurrection of colins talent . please send them to the home for the bewildered at ETL ( also known as a FT club ) ??? HOLLY

Now you are fantasising, that particular boat left in the 90's to sink without trace...:grin:

Come on Colin , we know you have been bluffing . you have been saving the best for last . at the worlds . your gonna rip there world apart on day one . day two you will destroy them . on the third day you will walk the earth as a FT god . errrr Or Not ??? HOLLY :cheers::sign_respect1:

Come on Colin , we know you have been bluffing . you have been saving the best for last . at the worlds . your gonna rip there world apart on day one . day two you will destroy them . on the third day you will walk the earth as a FT god . errrr Or Not ??? HOLLY :cheers::sign_respect1:

Hmmmm, now that sounds more like it...:rolleyes:

Go for it Colin , hold nothing back . give em everything you have in your locker . and that will just down the pub of an evening ??? HOLLY

Go for it Colin , hold nothing back . give em everything you have in your locker . and that will just down the pub of an evening ??? HOLLY

I'll bear that nugget of encouragement in mind when I'm sitting on the starting lane...:rolleyes:

Well i hope your starting lane is a nice easy 40 yard stander . just to get it going so to speak ??? HOLLY

Well i hope your starting lane is a nice easy 40 yard stander . just to get it going so to speak ??? HOLLY

I suspect you might be right, still gets the early misses out of the way I say...:grin:

Well beware of the Bazza . i have a feeling in my water that he will do well . ??? HOLLY