Sign in to follow this  
holly

Messing with a Steyr .

Well beware of the Bazza . i have a feeling in my water that he will do well . ??? HOLLY

Of course he will, that Veteran trophy has his name on it already.... :sign_respect1:

OK Steyr out today , just to clear the cob webs out . first time i have used it in a strong wind . i think it will turn out to be a bit of a poke and hope rifle . as it takes very little wind until suddenly it does . running at 780 fps with 8.4s . so will try it at 770 fps to see if it takes a more considered wind . would be great at bisley as is . evrybody knows there is no wind at bisley . which is why cliffy is based there . ??? HOLLY :cheers:

Its been said that theres only wind when youre there 👍

Its been said that theres only wind when youre there

Not wind, hot air.

Stan you misunderstood ? they said i was a HOT SHOT ??? HOLLY

Stan you misunderstood ? they said i was a HOT SHOT ??? HOLLY

:rolleyes:

OK March now on my Steyr , took it down the club to see how it would go along with the 400 . yep although i forgot in the rush to clean the barrel it went well . as usual it grouped well to very well .. standing was excellent . may have to fit a wegu pad to get the weight back ( anybody got one for sale ) a bit more . but so far so good .hit more than i missed . the weight of the rifle means it is easy to carry and i hope wil remove some of the fatigue i feel towards the end of a shoot . will do the lifts tomorrow and do some of the course . ??? HOLLY

PS And what a beautiful day to be out and about . keep working boy's and girls .

OK March now on my Steyr , took it down the club to see how it would go along with the 400 . yep although i forgot in the rush to clean the barrel it went well . as usual it grouped well to very well .. standing was excellent . may have to fit a wegu pad to get the weight back ( anybody got one for sale ) a bit more . but so far so good .hit more than i missed . the weight of the rifle means it is easy to carry and i hope wil remove some of the fatigue i feel towards the end of a shoot . will do the lifts tomorrow and do some of the course . ??? HOLLY

PS And what a beautiful day to be out and about . keep working boy's and girls .

Hahahaha you tart... :rofl2:

may have to fit a wegu pad to get the weight back ( anybody got one for sale )

Wegu or the copies are light from plastic and rubber.

Upside down Anchutz Armadillo more your style, cant have mine.

This particular version done by B&M has no real balance point . it is way to heavy at the back . i sold it once and bought it back for the wife but she did not like it . so i have put my steyr action it and am now trying to get it shootable . looks like i am gonna have to muller it to get it to work . shame but what is the point of looks without performance . i need some scores in the 30s to keep me in A grade if poss ( probably not ) we will see ??? HOLLY

PS Starting tomorrow .

Might have one at home holly I think. Let you know and if I have bring it down Sunday.

OK Andy . HOLLY

Well tried the butt hook on it , no good . have now altered the stock somewhat to accomodate the lifter . sling swivels moved over to the side . last but not least . fitted mr lupe ??? HOLLY

Stock weight added to the front to get a bit better balance . gonna change my standing practice from 10 15 20 25 30 resetters and add on a 37 yard normal target to simulate a course target at the end . see if i can get some course like practice on the zero range . gotta try to get into the 30s ??? HOLLY

Victoria Sponge tomorrow ??? HOLLY

Victoria sponge was eaten . pellets were fired . the world was put to rights . what more could you want ??? HOLLY

PS Oh and the lupe was tested . ranges were put on the side wheel . best of all was that the ranges were repeatable . that was what i was worried about .

Victoria sponge was eaten . pellets were fired . the world was put to rights . what more could you want ??? HOLLY

PS Oh and the lupe was tested . ranges were put on the side wheel . best of all was that the ranges were repeatable . that was what i was worried about .

All coming together nicely then, just need a trigger and butt-hook and you'll be ready to rock n' roll...:grin:

Got a selection of butt hooks ??? HOLLY

Got a selection of butt hooks ??? HOLLY

Ah yes, but do you have another of your trade-mark Arma-dildo butt-hooks?

No, I didn't think so....:grin:

Oh Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ??? HOLLY :amen:

PS one polished and one not . gotta be done . :cheers:

Oh Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ??? HOLLY :amen:

PS one polished and one not . gotta be done . :cheers:

I'm amazed that you manage to dig up there old relics....:rolleyes:

Younger than me and superb in the shoulder . plus polished they look superb . just like me Col ??? HOLLY

Younger than me and superb in the shoulder . plus polished they look superb . just like me Col ??? HOLLY

So, any news about the trigger? :grin:

So, any news about the trigger? :grin:

Yup,he's had the same broom for years

I thought the Rock Hopper might get there with that one...:grin:

But then it is relevant as most of his rifles have had various assorted stocks, barrels (some launched, some not) triggers, butt-hooks and yet are still considered the very same rifle...interesting...:grin:

Wrong post dear boy this is the steyr thread . the trigger is on the super pup thread . do keep up colin .??? HOLLY

PS the trigger is on it way back as of today . should be hear friday ?

PSS bit of a set back on the lupe 20=50 front . i thought i had re done the parralax spot on .BUT taking it down to the club today , i found not .yes the long uns were superb BUT the closer ones not so much . gonna have to a be bit less , wham bam thank you mam . and go a bit s-l-o-w-e-r next time . sod it .??? HOLLY

Sounds like that 50' adapter will be needed after all.

Btw did I tell you that my x40 comp. ranges beautifully at 55 and comes down to 9.5 yards without an adapter, ah well I have now...:grin:

The difference being Col is that i have superb clarity . almost there . a few more twiddles will see perfection ??? HOLLY

The difference being Col is that i have superb clarity, though not as clear as a Competition scope . almost there . a few more twiddles will see perfection ??? HOLLY

:lol2: