Sign in to follow this  
holly

Messing with a Steyr .

How about just posting a pic of some 50m 10 shot groups? How difficult can it be?

Yes that would be good . interesting . nobody i think wants to knock the rifles/barrels . the more the merrier on the shooting scene . but the shooting public is nowadays wary of claims put out by the mags . so really need results . quite a few shooters over the years have bought rifles that are supposed to be ready to rock . then found they need to spend a lot of money to get to that standard . yes some of it is cosmetic. but a lot is mechanical ??? HOLLY

Can you get hold of ST barrels Gerry? It would be interesting to try one in my Steyr. Any idea what the OD is?

Probably can Steve what's the minimum length would you need and would you want the STX (full length) or ST (just the last 2")? OD on mine is approx 13.75 mm

Steyrs are 450mm IIRC, depending on model. See if you can get some freebies. ;)

Yes that would be good . interesting . nobody i think wants to knock the rifles/barrels . the more the merrier on the shooting scene . but the shooting public is nowadays wary of claims put out by the mags . so really need results . quite a few shooters over the years have bought rifles that are supposed to be ready to rock . then found they need to spend a lot of money to get to that standard . yes some of it is cosmetic. but a lot is mechanical ??? HOLLY

Yes it would be good.

I doubt it will happen.

This thread will go the way of every other thread that wanders into ST... no pics of groups, just words.

Of course I'd love to be shown to be wrong.

What I'd really love even more is a website you can order a barrel blank from ST or STX I don't care, both would be great. Then we can all have a jolly good test.

Until then it's going to be yet another thing that's just brilliant on the plinking range, with certain pellets.

How about just posting a pic of some 50m 10 shot groups? How difficult can it be?

Rob i will see if i can do some groups in the next few weeks . Busy at the mo trying to get the TX sorted.

There we go , will it won't it group ??? HOLLY

There we go , will it won't it group ??? HOLLY

Think i will have to use an A4 target LOL

Rob i will see if i can do some groups in the next few weeks . Busy at the mo trying to get the TX sorted.

Super! Many thanks :)

Posted (edited)

I use 5 shot groups at 50 yards . the problem with ten shot groups is the law of averages kicks in . 5 shot groups tell no lies . if you use a piece of A4 paper . draw 6 dots on it and always fire directly at the dots . six 5 shot groups should do it ??? HOLLY

PS from a rested position , will remove human error .

Edited by holly

well looks like i have got my sticky mitts on a HW100 barrel . should be interesting . Steyr V HW 100 V CZ barrel ??? HOLLY

Hurry up with that then,should be interesting

I have an old BSA Barrel which i was told was a good one . but to be honest it was much of a muchness stan . i think there are just good and bad barrels . what makes em bad . i would not know ??? HOLLY

How about a sweep stake which barrel land furthest from the stock in testing.

Werent the barrels that are on those Korean rifles supposed to be one of the best out there. Poligon or something like that

How about a sweep stake which barrel land furthest from the stock in testing.

Now you see Keith has been cycling around in his gararge for so long he is getting dizzy and he keeps seeing barrels before the eyes . ??? HOLLY

PS i have one here for the shutz , career barrel that is . the only pellets it will shoot well are 7.9s ..

OK Hw 100 Barrel on it's way ??? HOLLY

Thought you had a CZ barrel coming? Or are you trying a variety?

Got all three steve . steyr , HW 100 and Sure Shot CZ .( got the 100 barrel at a good price ) whichever is the best i will keep . the other two , i will sell ??? HOLLY

Just stumbled across this video. It seems STX barrels have a very slow twist rate, 1 in 30, in .25 calibre. You can also see how they apply the rifling to the outside of the barrel.

Edited by SteveC200

Interesting watch, obviously the o rings serve some purpose, otherwise they wouldn't be there

The possibility for zero change would seem to be high ??? HOLLY