Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

Good daytoday . stinking hot . sweat with everything . dropped five . very tricky wind on some . specially woodys end . it has been rejigged to a spot that defies you to get the wind right ??? HOLLY

22 hours ago, holly said:

Good daytoday . stinking hot . sweat with everything . dropped five . very tricky wind on some . specially woodys end . it has been rejigged to a spot that defies you to get the wind right ??? HOLLY

Sounds perfect for the Carrisbroke winter league fixture...:grin:

Yep the boys are gonna love it ? not very much , but they WILL love it ??? HOLLY

I ended up with a 40 ex 50 . bitterly disappointed with that . should have had another 6 at least . i still have the problem of stability . we have a plan ??? HOLLY

right block swapped . reg changed . bit of a kerfuffel with the trigger mech and the old transfer port did not want to take the new part . but hey ho done . trigger now has to be approached with care . if an earth worm moves . 5 yards away , the pellet is gone . only snag being is that i have a bit left over . quite a large bit . errr anybody know what this large black bit is ??? HOLLY

36 minutes ago, holly said:

right block swapped . reg changed . bit of a kerfuffel with the trigger mech and the old transfer port did not want to take the new part . but hey ho done . trigger now has to be approached with care . if an earth worm moves . 5 yards away , the pellet is gone . only snag being is that i have a bit left over . quite a large bit . errr anybody know what this large black bit is ??? HOLLY

If it's hard and black it's your heart and black squidgy it's your brain, still no matter...:rolleyes:

I thought it might be Bazzas wallet ? but of course nobody has ever seen it . since 1950 ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

I thought it might be Bazzas wallet ? but of course nobody has ever seen it . since 1950 ??? HOLLY

Bazza is generousity itself, it must just be you...🤣

not so , anyway he has been banished to gloucester . ??? HOLLY

Once East Devon is out the way , it is on to pellet testing . i have high hopes of the snipers . this LW barrel is not pellet fussy . so we will see ??? HOLLY

Little bit of dry firing this morning . that trigger is wicked . maybe too light but after the last one i will try to grow into it ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

Little bit of dry firing this morning . that trigger is wicked . maybe too light but after the last one i will try to grow into it ??? HOLLY

It needed to be, how it was set at Bisley couldn't have been much worse.

If I were you I'd try a dry-fire and bash the stock to make sure it's not going off early.

tomorrow will tell colin . you can always make em heavier . but not always lighter ??? HOLLY

Wot you need is a clever bloke to make you an electronic trigger with soleniods and stuff.

Hang on......

I have perfection within my grasp ??? HOLLY

OK tomorrow i have to set up the trigger properly for weight . cannot have any ADs . set the power again . hopefully it will stay the same , at least till the temp starts to go down .. two weeks to iron out the problems i had a bisley . dunno whether it can be done or not . but a faint heart will get nowhere ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, dc1 said:

Wot you need is a clever bloke to make you an electronic trigger with soleniods and stuff.

Hang on......

Hmmm, I think we went down that route with the EV bull-pup...🤔

Ok ignoring such advice ( if you can call it advice ) today was trigger day . i think i am getting there now . the trigger was obviously set too light first thing . so much messing and i think it is as good as it will get now . power was checked and adjusted . i think the power fluctuations that i have been getting are actually the angle i shoot over the chrono at . very difficult to get the barrel dead level . tomorrow will use both the chronos in concert . next up was gun fit . i made some adjustment to the cheek weld and that helped a bit . i put my lightweight shooting jacket on and that helped somewhat . i think the biggest help would be a gimp coat . but that would kill me in this weather . tomorrow i will check todays results ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Ok ignoring such advice ( if you can call it advice ) today was trigger day . i think i am getting there now . the trigger was obviously set too light first thing . so much messing and i think it is as good as it will get now . power was checked and adjusted . i think the power fluctuations that i have been getting are actually the angle i shoot over the chrono at . very difficult to get the barrel dead level . tomorrow will use both the chronos in concert . next up was gun fit . i made some adjustment to the cheek weld and that helped a bit . i put my lightweight shooting jacket on and that helped somewhat . i think the biggest help would be a gimp coat . but that would kill me in this weather . tomorrow i will check todays results ??? HOLLY

Cotton T-shirt with full sleeves under the gimp, are you man or mouse?

Just unbutton inbetween shooting like the rest of us.

You never know, you might lose a few pounds during the shoot in sweat...🤣 

position adjusted today , seemingly to good affect . so damn hot . difficult to concentrate . ??? HOLLY

PS  trigger adjusted , was great yesterday and heavy again today . gord knows .

57 minutes ago, holly said:

position adjusted today , seemingly to good affect . so damn hot . difficult to concentrate . ??? HOLLY

PS  trigger adjusted , was great yesterday and heavy again today . gord knows .

It's the heat, stuff expands, so you set it up yesterday in the cool, then expect it to stay the same in heat, never going to happen.

When you adjust you need to leave out in the sun to cook it, preferrably both sides like a nice beef wellington. 

Not all bad cos i can with the new stability hold it on the second stage ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

Not all bad cos i can with the new stability hold it on the second stage ??? HOLLY

Now try an even more radical concept called   f-o-l-l-o-w  t-h-r-o-u-g-h...:grin:

follow through goodness . not that ??? HOLLY

52 minutes ago, holly said:

follow through goodness . not that ??? HOLLY

Not that sort of follow through....:rolleyes:

Ok today was chrono day and i think i have found the problem . the sensors on these smaller ones are very close together . so as i see it . the slightest variance in the way you hold it level wise and you get a different reading . on the chrony it was less obvious . halfway through messing with the pair , i hurt my back bending over . so that was the end of that . but i shall i think keep the chrony .  we were working on a new bridge . so shooting was minimal . but i think the new position i am using is a small step forward . also i think i have been cleaning the barrel to often on the LW barrel . it seems more consistent after a good leading . so for the next comp ., i will do one days shooting before the comp . without cleaning and see how that goes . ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, holly said:

Ok today was chrono day and i think i have found the problem . the sensors on these smaller ones are very close together . so as i see it . the slightest variance in the way you hold it level wise and you get a different reading . on the chrony it was less obvious . halfway through messing with the pair , i hurt my back bending over . so that was the end of that . but i shall i think keep the chrony .  we were working on a new bridge . so shooting was minimal . but i think the new position i am using is a small step forward . also i think i have been cleaning the barrel to often on the LW barrel . it seems more consistent after a good leading . so for the next comp ., i will do one days shooting before the comp . without cleaning and see how that goes . ??? HOLLY

I thought you were going to make up a jig to keep the barrel level?

I like to test the rifle at the club . which basically  means  just putting it on the table and shooting . much easier with the chrony  . all i have to do with that is level it . so i will stick with that ??? HOLLY

10fps isn't going to may sod all difference anyways, a miss is a miss at any velocity....:rolleyes:

Back a bit better , so tomorrow i will concentrate on the three long lanes that i can get to with the bridge being down . barrel not cleaned so will run a string over the chrono . 5 shots at 55 yards for grouping and get stuck in ??? HOLLY