Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

11 hours ago, holly said:

Back a bit better , so tomorrow i will concentrate on the three long lanes that i can get to with the bridge being down . barrel not cleaned so will run a string over the chrono . 5 shots at 55 yards for grouping and get stuck in ??? HOLLY 

You go for it, Devon is waiting...🤣

Not bad today , back held out . slowly getting there i think , i hope . never going to be as stable as with two elbows on two knees . but hey ho . slowly adjusted the butt hook and the sling to see how it affects the high and low ones . have taken to wearing plimmy's so as i can get my left foot flat on the floor . try again tomorrow with what i have learned  ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Not bad today , back held out . slowly getting there i think , i hope . never going to be as stable as with two elbows on two knees . but hey ho . slowly adjusted the butt hook and the sling to see how it affects the high and low ones . have taken to wearing plimmy's so as i can get my left foot flat on the floor . try again tomorrow with what i have learned  ??? HOLLY

Probably better in the heat anyways or is it to get a quick getaway after the shoot...🤣

Good first thing today . but as i got hotter and hotter it all went to poo . rifle is now staying at close to 770 , within 5 FPS . clean barrel or dirty barrel makes no difference . so if i can lose some weight and get a decent position . things should look up . next week i start the stretching excercises to see if i can kneel again . so diet and excersise will be my friend . 13 stone is my aim . i should fit inside crouchers pocket then ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

Good first thing today . but as i got hotter and hotter it all went to poo . rifle is now staying at close to 770 , within 5 FPS . clean barrel or dirty barrel makes no difference . so if i can lose some weight and get a decent position . things should look up . next week i start the stretching excercises to see if i can kneel again . so diet and excersise will be my friend . 13 stone is my aim . i should fit inside crouchers pocket then ??? HOLLY

You need to give the pie shop a miss otherwise you could end up like the pieman’s rock cousin...🤣

Fitness . Well first ride out on the old bike for ages . got out early to avoid the holiday makers and dog walkers . only snag is no young ladies on the beach . went as hard as i could to try to get back some saddle fitness . don't want a sore bum stopping me . on the longer rides . the trail i am looking at starting on is twelve miles long . so half way to start . then all the way after a week . then bring the times down . to think i used to cycle to portsmouth and back in a day , from east london  , when i was sixteen . well that is not a gonna happen . but the sunshine trail that runs outside my house IS ??? HOLLY

PS this is route 23 on the trail maps of the island 

On 7/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, holly said:

Fitness . Well first ride out on the old bike for ages . got out early to avoid the holiday makers and dog walkers . only snag is no young ladies on the beach . went as hard as i could to try to get back some saddle fitness . don't want a sore bum stopping me . on the longer rides . the trail i am looking at starting on is twelve miles long . so half way to start . then all the way after a week . then bring the times down . to think i used to cycle to portsmouth and back in a day , from east london  , when i was sixteen . well that is not a gonna happen . but the sunshine trail that runs outside my house IS ??? HOLLY

PS this is route 23 on the trail maps of the island 

Funnily enough I used to cycle to Portsmouth from Essex on my adventures cycling round France.....:grin:

Noway day's i think mountain biking is safer ? unless your name is dan eley ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

Noway day's i think mountain biking is safer ? unless your name is dan eley ??? HOLLY

You're probably right especially round my way, cyclists seem to be a target for every nutter with an axe to grind and the consequences seem trivial for collisions , at least from the motor vehicle's point of view.

Ok tomorrow it is all about positions , i am taking the shutz to try as well . i have fitted the thigh rest . so as i can run a comparison against the steyr  and the shutz . for 1/ accuracy , 2/ cosistency . 3/ windage  . see what happens . also march V Lupe . . clarity , range finding and changing in the heat light . ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

Ok tomorrow it is all about positions , i am taking the shutz to try as well . i have fitted the thigh rest . so as i can run a comparison against the steyr  and the shutz . for 1/ accuracy , 2/ cosistency . 3/ windage  . see what happens . also march V Lupe . . clarity , range finding and changing in the heat light . ??? HOLLY

Good job you have so many options...👍

Are you also taking a selection of barrels to see how they compare?