Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

11 hours ago, holly said:

Back a bit better , so tomorrow i will concentrate on the three long lanes that i can get to with the bridge being down . barrel not cleaned so will run a string over the chrono . 5 shots at 55 yards for grouping and get stuck in ??? HOLLY 

You go for it, Devon is waiting...🤣

Not bad today , back held out . slowly getting there i think , i hope . never going to be as stable as with two elbows on two knees . but hey ho . slowly adjusted the butt hook and the sling to see how it affects the high and low ones . have taken to wearing plimmy's so as i can get my left foot flat on the floor . try again tomorrow with what i have learned  ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Not bad today , back held out . slowly getting there i think , i hope . never going to be as stable as with two elbows on two knees . but hey ho . slowly adjusted the butt hook and the sling to see how it affects the high and low ones . have taken to wearing plimmy's so as i can get my left foot flat on the floor . try again tomorrow with what i have learned  ??? HOLLY

Probably better in the heat anyways or is it to get a quick getaway after the shoot...🤣

Good first thing today . but as i got hotter and hotter it all went to poo . rifle is now staying at close to 770 , within 5 FPS . clean barrel or dirty barrel makes no difference . so if i can lose some weight and get a decent position . things should look up . next week i start the stretching excercises to see if i can kneel again . so diet and excersise will be my friend . 13 stone is my aim . i should fit inside crouchers pocket then ??? HOLLY

4 hours ago, holly said:

Good first thing today . but as i got hotter and hotter it all went to poo . rifle is now staying at close to 770 , within 5 FPS . clean barrel or dirty barrel makes no difference . so if i can lose some weight and get a decent position . things should look up . next week i start the stretching excercises to see if i can kneel again . so diet and excersise will be my friend . 13 stone is my aim . i should fit inside crouchers pocket then ??? HOLLY

You need to give the pie shop a miss otherwise you could end up like the pieman’s rock cousin...🤣

Fitness . Well first ride out on the old bike for ages . got out early to avoid the holiday makers and dog walkers . only snag is no young ladies on the beach . went as hard as i could to try to get back some saddle fitness . don't want a sore bum stopping me . on the longer rides . the trail i am looking at starting on is twelve miles long . so half way to start . then all the way after a week . then bring the times down . to think i used to cycle to portsmouth and back in a day , from east london  , when i was sixteen . well that is not a gonna happen . but the sunshine trail that runs outside my house IS ??? HOLLY

PS this is route 23 on the trail maps of the island 

On 7/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, holly said:

Fitness . Well first ride out on the old bike for ages . got out early to avoid the holiday makers and dog walkers . only snag is no young ladies on the beach . went as hard as i could to try to get back some saddle fitness . don't want a sore bum stopping me . on the longer rides . the trail i am looking at starting on is twelve miles long . so half way to start . then all the way after a week . then bring the times down . to think i used to cycle to portsmouth and back in a day , from east london  , when i was sixteen . well that is not a gonna happen . but the sunshine trail that runs outside my house IS ??? HOLLY

PS this is route 23 on the trail maps of the island 

Funnily enough I used to cycle to Portsmouth from Essex on my adventures cycling round France.....:grin:

Noway day's i think mountain biking is safer ? unless your name is dan eley ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

Noway day's i think mountain biking is safer ? unless your name is dan eley ??? HOLLY

You're probably right especially round my way, cyclists seem to be a target for every nutter with an axe to grind and the consequences seem trivial for collisions , at least from the motor vehicle's point of view.

Ok tomorrow it is all about positions , i am taking the shutz to try as well . i have fitted the thigh rest . so as i can run a comparison against the steyr  and the shutz . for 1/ accuracy , 2/ cosistency . 3/ windage  . see what happens . also march V Lupe . . clarity , range finding and changing in the heat light . ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

Ok tomorrow it is all about positions , i am taking the shutz to try as well . i have fitted the thigh rest . so as i can run a comparison against the steyr  and the shutz . for 1/ accuracy , 2/ cosistency . 3/ windage  . see what happens . also march V Lupe . . clarity , range finding and changing in the heat light . ??? HOLLY

Good job you have so many options...👍

Are you also taking a selection of barrels to see how they compare?

Only got one spare barrel left now ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Only got one spare barrel left now ??? HOLLY

Try sending Andy out with a metal detector, I'm sure he'll soon find the missing ones....:rolleyes:

Not good today . the -covered in gore- air arms filler was leaking . drat . but position was def better with bean bag pumped up with some more beans . will try again with the shutz sunday if i get the new filler in time ??? HOLLY

18 minutes ago, holly said:

Not good today . the -covered in gore- air arms filler was leaking . drat . but position was def better with bean bag pumped up with some more beans . will try again with the shutz sunday if i get the new filler in time ??? HOLLY

Give it a couple of blips off the bottle and see if it's a bit of grit?

tried it . dismantled it . sucked it . and other things . worn out . best fittings is my friend ??? HOLLY 

PS the good news is it went well for 20 shots till it emptied .

The bean bag is now full . so i am hoping i can get a better position tomorrow . fingers crossed if i can get my right elbow on my thigh . well i will try ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

The bean bag is now full . so i am hoping i can get a better position tomorrow . fingers crossed if i can get my right elbow on my thigh . well i will try ??? HOLLY

You're right, that should do the trick.

Nice of that young lady to try it for you...:rolleyes:

856179630_f3e93e9bbc_z.jpg

It helped with the shooting BUT hindered the getting down and up ??? HOLLY

48 minutes ago, holly said:

It helped with the shooting BUT hindered the getting down and up ??? HOLLY

Just strap it to your butt and be done with it then?  :grin:

I thought i might get put it in your wallet ??? HOLLY

On 7/19/2018 at 10:41 PM, holly said:

I thought i might get put it in your wallet ??? HOLLY

Of course the problem with having a 6" beanbag is the 4" BFTA rule, ah well....:rolleyes:

50 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Of course the problem with having a 6" beanbag is the 4" BFTA rule, ah well....:rolleyes:

Now 6" problem solved

No dave the problem is that old -poot- colin . keep up dear boy . keep up ??? HOLLY

On 7/22/2018 at 7:29 AM, dc1 said:

Now 6" problem solved

Hahaha you tart, I was trying to get a bite from him...:grin:

Went to the club but it just never stopped raining . shame as i wanted to practice my sitting position  with some new bits and pieces . oh well ??? HOLLY

since i could not shoot today . i did some practice indoors . and the pads on the thigh seem to work there at least . will see how it goes ??? HOLLY

Tried the express pellets today in the Steyr  . def not as good as in the shutz . so will try them in that wednesday ??? HOLLY

Got the family over at the mo . so it will be a mugs shoot tomorrow . still gotta be done ??? HOLLY

Ok managed to sneak off today to avoid my children . ( be rude not to ) so took my Steyr and the 7.33s down to the club . to cut a long story short . no good . so onto trying to sort out my position with this rifle . EG trying to sit still with it .biggest problem at the mo is that the sight picture keeps creeping upwards , for some strange reason ( i think cos the rifle is much lighter on the front ) now i don't like using a full target glove . makes my hand all sweaty .. so i dug out an old ex army small bore glove that came with me out of the TA , fingerless .. much to my surprise it def helped . more practice needed . but finished the course on a very windy day 5 down . pleased with that . onward and upward ??? HOLLY