Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

On 8/24/2018 at 8:58 PM, holly said:

Ok managed to sneak off today to avoid my children . ( be rude not to ) so took my Steyr and the 7.33s down to the club . to cut a long story short . no good . so onto trying to sort out my position with this rifle . EG trying to sit still with it .biggest problem at the mo is that the sight picture keeps creeping upwards , for some strange reason ( i think cos the rifle is much lighter on the front ) now i don't like using a full target glove . makes my hand all sweaty .. so i dug out an old ex army small bore glove that came with me out of the TA , fingerless .. much to my surprise it def helped . more practice needed . but finished the course on a very windy day 5 down . pleased with that . onward and upward ??? HOLLY

Steyr's definitely tend to muzzle wander in my experience, still onwards to next weeks disaster....:grin:

Plenty of those in the offing Colin . but hey ho and off we go ??? HOLLY 

Tomorrow it is off to the course with the steyr .. nothing to test cept the ranges and the zero . i shall then attempt to clear the course ( or not ) . if we are gonna kick woody's ass this winter league . we need to get into gear and get rolling . ??? HOLLY

PS i shall report back .

Well i was Mean , Moody and Magnificent today . did not hit any more on the course . but i looked the part ??? HOLLY

PS had trouble lately with grass getting cut . get blocked up nose . tried a decongestant and was much more comfortable shooting .

24 minutes ago, holly said:

Well i was Mean , Moody and Magnificent today . did not hit any more on the course . but i looked the part ??? HOLLY

PS had trouble lately with grass getting cut . get blocked up nose . tried a decongestant and was much more comfortable shooting .

You need a couple of freshly fired .45/70's to shove up each nostril, if that doesn't sort your blocked nose, nothing will...:grin:

Think i will stick with the nose spray ??? HOLLY

17 hours ago, holly said:

Think i will stick with the nose spray ??? HOLLY

There is your problem, resistance to change....:grin:

I seem to be stuck on three for the course ( misses ) never mind when the wind picks up and the leaves start to go . three will be fantastic ??? HOLLY

I just cannot seem to make up my mind which position to shoot the steyr in . i try this , i try that . damn i could really use a nice new body . anybody got one . preferably  with long legs ??? HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

I just cannot seem to make up my mind which position to shoot the steyr in . i try this , i try that . damn i could really use a nice new body . anybody got one . preferably  with long legs ??? HOLLY

I'm sure I could find a nice comfortable 'rack' for you. A few hours with Big Paul pulling on that big boy will sort out your height a treat....:grin:

Hmm i was rather hoping for a Brad Pitt look alike to come along ? HOLLY

Ok good day today . i think starting to get some where with the position . not perfect but it was hot today . mr shutz out wednesday ??? HOLLY

6 hours ago, holly said:

Ok good day today . i think starting to get some where with the position . not perfect but it was hot today . mr shutz out wednesday ??? HOLLY

Sounds good, surely if you really want to get somewhere you should be over there every day while the weather’s good?

Too much of anything is not good . relax , chill out on the scooter and as cliffy always say's . your Desire will take over ??? HOLLY

On 9/3/2018 at 10:22 AM, holly said:

Too much of anything is not good . relax , chill out on the scooter and as cliffy always say's . your Desire will take over ??? HOLLY

Ahhhh.....so it's a scooter now, what happened to the E-Bike, has the Rock run out of AA batteries?  :grin:

I sold all the stuff i did not use a lot . that paid for the scooter and the e bike . i try to ride the e bike every day . ??? HOLLY

Steyr out tomorrow . gotta try to refine my position . as said the leaves are coming off the trees  quickly now . so the wind is whipping through . gotta work on the stronger wind ??? HOLLY

Out as said yesterday and tried to work on the position again . i was hoping that a relaxed position with casual control would work . but hey ho . noway . the only thing that seemed to work was my old shutz style of gripping it like a vice . but the rifle shoots really well both close and far . so no excuses for -rubbish- scores . gotta work on the standers though ??? HOLLY

21 hours ago, holly said:

Out as said yesterday and tried to work on the position again . i was hoping that a relaxed position with casual control would work . but hey ho . noway . the only thing that seemed to work was my old shutz style of gripping it like a vice . but the rifle shoots really well both close and far . so no excuses for -rubbish- scores . gotta work on the standers though ??? HOLLY

I thought standers were mere bagatelle with the GC...🤔

The GC is in pieces waiting a service ( but not by me ) ??? HOLLY

OK out today to see if what i found sunday still works today . Olay ??? HOLLY

well the short answer is it did not work out . our club course , goes up down and around , sideways , you name it . i can find a decent position for one or two BUT not all of em . sunday i will abandon the low position and go for a higher stance . something has gotta work .??? HOLLY

PS the rifle is probably the most accurate i own . it is just the old -poot- behind it . grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Sounds like it’s time to get the shooting sticks and milking stool and admit defeat...🤣

Never . brains over brawn . the outfit is good . i just need to learn how to get the best out of it ??? HOLLY

8 hours ago, holly said:

Never . brains over brawn . the outfit is good . i just need to learn how to get the best out of it ??? HOLLY

You seem to be running out of options and time if you’re going for crushing domination in the Winter League?  🤔🏆

Yep gotta do better and better i will do ??? HOLLY

OK . two rifles out tomorrow Mr steyr obiously but also the spare shutz . i have jazzed the old boy up a bit and put my old Bausch and Lomb on it . had that on before but could not zero it . so i got a old pair of fully adjustable off cliffy at a good price ( never seen a pair of fully adjustable for a one inch scope )  this will  keep the outfit light and with the really good optics of the B&L it should show case the accuracy and handling of it ??? HOLLY 

PS trying a higher position tomorrow with the steyr . 

Started off with my spare shutz having glammed it up a bit . the rifle is really to light on the front for FT . very good to 45 yards and then the groups open a bit till at 55 yards around an inch . you have to hold it like a springer to get the best out of it at range .the old baush and lomb was good . andy zeroed it in . as i don't have the patience for fully adjustable  . bit of a mystery with the steyr . was shooting a little high on the course . went to the zero range and did something i am always telling other not to do . ? i did two things to the rifle . one of which sorted it . i took the new windicator off and put a pellet through the barrel backwards . one of them sorted it and the gun was back on song .i put the old windicator back on , so that was that . but not quite sure whether to clean the barrel more rigorously or not clean it and just shoot a pellet through backwards before the off . so i will start with shooting the pellet through backwards , no clean . also will try putting an O ring in the front support and then firing a group at 50 yards . plus then taking that out and shooting another group , to compare .the only good news was that my position problems are getting better with the new hold . ??? HOLLY 

PS News hot off the press , is that Andy has received a Ban from sitting on plastic chairs at the club  ? he has now broken two of em , whilst sitting on em . all sheer muscle obviously .

we already have triple reinforced chairs Col ??? HOLLY