Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

Was showing 5.5 degrees this afternoon but had sleet earlier.
Funny one they were all moaning me powers dropped 40-50 ft/sec 3 chronos out, just laughed at em and drove off.

dressed up to the nines today in cold weather gear and it was sunny . not cleaned the barrel and it seems as if the accuracy is slightly worse but the windage is better . more shooting tomorrow to test ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

dressed up to the nines today in cold weather gear and it was sunny . not cleaned the barrel and it seems as if the accuracy is slightly worse but the windage is better . more shooting tomorrow to test ??? HOLLY

With the benefit of the sea all around the Rock surely it is like the Canaries i.e. a constant temperature pretty much all year round?  :grin:

It is pretty temperate . very rare to get snow . mind you if it is a full moon in the winter it can get pretty Brrrr ??? HOLLY

I had to hang about a bit today whist waiting to shoot . very similar to winter league . and in my shooting jacket . i got pretty cold . so had an idea to try to save me buying a bigger one . will try that out sunday ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

I had to hang about a bit today whist waiting to shoot . very similar to winter league . and in my shooting jacket . i got pretty cold . so had an idea to try to save me buying a bigger one . will try that out sunday ??? HOLLY

You should be rocking a full snood and hat as that’s where you’re heat is going...😉

I wear a neck snood . and hat . cause the jacket is tight on with just a sweat shirt under it . it does not give enough room for layers . try my new idea sunday ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

I wear a neck snood . and hat . cause the jacket is tight on with just a sweat shirt under it . it does not give enough room for layers . try my new idea sunday ??? HOLLY

Sounds like the electric bike isn't working then....:rolleyes:

fitness is up . food is up . weight stable . . if it does not work sunday . it is gonna cost me a onser ??? HOLLY

PS i can now ride flat out for 15 miles . maybe more but then i have to go on roads . 

PSS Get Out My Way Eaton . I Am Coming Throughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :Grumpgramp::Spike

dropped three today . two standers and a sitter . the sitter was me . i forgot the lesson of springfield . when there is a low wind and the leaves are off the trees . that means usually that it is pushing the pellet all the way out . not just for a few yards . 42 yarder up a large tree . hmmm yep inside left . dink . do it again , dink . and again , dink . out side left , down it went . lesson learned ( for a while ) ??? HOLLY

PS alternative jacket tried . seemed good but will try again in the week .

16 hours ago, holly said:

dropped three today . two standers and a sitter . the sitter was me . i forgot the lesson of springfield . when there is a low wind and the leaves are off the trees . that means usually that it is pushing the pellet all the way out . not just for a few yards . 42 yarder up a large tree . hmmm yep inside left . dink . do it again , dink . and again , dink . out side left , down it went . lesson learned ( for a while ) ??? HOLLY

PS alternative jacket tried . seemed good but will try again in the week .

You should have been at Iceni, the dink’s were coming thick and fast...😉

Great course, much more difficult than the usual Iceni fare because of the course going off at a tangent and then finishing with some long ‘urns round by the lake. Factor in a wind that was switching left/right the whole way round and some dastardly high angle kneelers and all in all I would have said it was more testing than the GP course there.

The ‘hague’ mini up the tower was mere bagatelle (well for me anyways) as I used my tried tried and tested aim and hope method and surprisingly it fell over unlike the many around me...😉

I either used to shoot well at Iceni , or rubbish . no in between . the pond , shooting back up to high ground was always hard going . personally i liked shooting down across the pond .??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, holly said:

I either used to shoot well at Iceni , or rubbish . no in between . the pond , shooting back up to high ground was always hard going . personally i liked shooting down across the pond .??? HOLLY

No across the pond targets this time as Steve barely made it out of the pond last time but a slew either side of long ones, standers and minis, just what you (don’t) need after the tower of terror...😉

37 minutes ago, Eaton Rifles said:

No across the pond targets this time as Steve barely made it out of the pond last time but a slew either side of long ones, standers and minis, just what you (don’t) need after the tower of terror...😉

There was one across the pond from the bank.  Mind you it's not much of  pond these days.

1 hour ago, NatS said:

There was one across the pond from the bank.  Mind you it's not much of  pond these days.

Ah must of not registered that one. I started on the standers so I was still numb from those, the long ones and the mini's...:grin:

We used to shoot from the bank up across the pond to a large tree on the right  ( west side ) of the pond . 52 yards by memory . it was a bitch of a shot Nats . i don't remember ever getting it .. ??? HOLLY

47 minutes ago, holly said:

We used to shoot from the bank up across the pond to a large tree on the right  ( west side ) of the pond . 52 yards by memory . it was a bitch of a shot Nats . i don't remember ever getting it .. ??? HOLLY

It's a bitch shot wether up or down.

I prefer it up myself col ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

I prefer it up myself col ??? HOLLY

So the milkman says...:rolleyes:

Well we still have the same coal man for the last 15 years . we have moved three times and have central heating . should i be worried ??? HOLLY :bonk:

PS His horse looks a bit knackered .:Spike

Well we still have the same coal man for the last 15 years . we have moved three times and have central heating . should i be worried ??? HOLLY :bonk:

PS His horse looks a bit knackered .:Spike

It’s funny you mention a coalman as we had one as a kid who everyone knew as ‘chalky’ as he was always as black as soot.

He had an old horse and flat cart and every Friday he’d work his way across Eastwood dropping off huge bags of coal.

I can still remember the pungent smell of his cart and the coal bags.

The horse used to plod on and know exactly when to stop, Chalky would be walking alongside, heave the huge bags on his back and then run into the next delivery, dump the coal and run back with the empty bag ready for the next house.

Most houses round our way were coal heated so it would take him all morning to work up and down the street.

I always remember him marking a new borns cheek with a piece of coal when the Grandmother brought him out.

Seems an age ago now and I guess it was.

My job was to get any horse manure that was dropped , for the garden  . trouble was i was the smallest kid . so the bigguns would give you a kicking to make sure they got it . the soft drinks ,man had a horse as well . Corona i think it was with the pop top bottles .??? HOLLY

59 minutes ago, holly said:

My job was to get any horse manure that was dropped , for the garden  . trouble was i was the smallest kid . so the bigguns would give you a kicking to make sure they got it . the soft drinks ,man had a horse as well . Corona i think it was with the pop top bottles .??? HOLLY

Any manure round our way was snapped up before it even hit the deck. Some of the old girls would be following the cart with a coal shovel ready to scoop it up for their roses.

Yep a galvanised bucket and shovel . you had to be fast to get any .??? HOLLY

OK last chance to shoot before sunday  today . very windy . dropped 4 of the targets i shot at . two of those were standers . so need to do better . but the rifle is shooting well .so we will see what we can do at North Oxon ??? HOLLY

OK last chance to shoot before sunday  today . very windy . dropped 4 of the targets i shot at . two of those were standers . so need to do better . but the rifle is shooting well .so we will see what we can do at North Oxon ??? HOLLY

Well, if you only drop 4 at Oxon you’re be doing well, we shall see at the post-shoot report Sunday; my informants will be watching...👌

Looking forward  to getting out there to a comp at last ??? HOLLY

PS Main thing is to keep a three in front of it .

Edited by holly

45 minutes ago, holly said:

Looking forward  to getting out there to a comp at last ??? HOLLY

PS Main thing is to keep a three in front of it .

That's what I told myself at Iceni just before I started on two standers and flunked them both. Hopefully they'll start you on a nice easy lane to ease you in...:rolleyes:

Probably not as i have 8 standers to do . i need some luck and some skill to get em . let us hope i have some of both . really annoying as i always good at kneeler's . . ah well it is what it is .??? HOLLY

I do genuinely feel sorry for the guys who can’t kneel. It’s inspiring to see how quickly they become good at standers to compensate though.