Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

I am a bit better at standers but there are good days and bad days . there was never bad kneeling days . one of the reasons i went back to a Gimp Coat was trying to up my standers . lot of work to be done Darron . still do the stretching excersises . to try to kneel . always hope ??? HOLLY

Even with a dodgy back I find kneelers with a roll very comfortable once I'm actually in position.

Yes it is the knee not the back or hip for me  at the mo . but will keep at it ??? HOLLY

Well first time in a windy shoot last weekend was good . not score wise but the experience was . what i have to do now is to work out the point of aim for the two types of wind we usually get . EG , strong and mild . gusts i try to shoot on a dropping wind . from what i saw sunday . say 50 yards . it was half inch out , mild . strong , two inches out . this seemed to work .as the leaves come off our trees at the club . i can get more practice ??? HOLLY

PS trying different holds standing tomorrow .

Standers went well today . put up some new targets and kept going until i was to tired to lift the rifle any more . on the subject of cleaning or not cleaning the barrel . i shot off  the bench from 15 yards out to 55 yards . all was well till i got to 55 yards . good groups all the way . but at 55 yards it just would not put in a consistent group . not sure why . clean tonight and try again tomorrow ??? HOLLY .

After all that , the one i was using Nat's . it is the most natural . i put my little finger in the groove on the hampster and brings me to the standard position . i found if i moved my hand up and down the hampster . it really did not help . so as i am a ambusher for standers . it is lots and lots of practice to get back into it . i start at 20 yards and go out to 45 yards . today i got them all out to 40 yards . then on to the spinners and the pigs at 37 yards . finishing off with .six lollipop targets . at 25 yards .??? HOLLY

PS the best i have been Nat's was when at springfield . we had targets ( 40 mil ) at 20 , 25 , 30 , 35 and 45 yards . we used to take turns shooting em . you had to get em all in order . then you shot em again until you missed . my best was 5 sets . average was two sets .really sharpens you up . plus it is a laugh cos all are watching .and of course taking the pee when you screwed up . pressure with fun .

The only problem I find with standers is that you can practice them until your fingers bleed and nail every one, but cue Comp. day your arms turn to jelly....🤣

we know that Col . but you have to man up and at least look like you know what you are doing ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

we know that Col . but you have to man up and at least look like you know what you are doing ??? HOLLY

Well I certainly know how to miss them.....:rofl2:

This sunday could be the big turn around Col . walk up to Dan the Man , give him a slap around the chops and tell him " your mine sonny "  let him know who the man is .??? HOLLY :sign_respect1:

PS Don't do this to Nat's or you could end up with your head in a sling . vicious i have heard  . specially when sober ( which is not often )  .:Spike

PSS Word has just come through that Nat's has suggested the Iceni AGM is held in the Colchester brewery . shock horror . has the woman no shame .:bonk:

Edited by holly

And so the long slog started today , standing wise . 35 standers straight off . 29 hits . we must do better . we will do better . from 20 yards out to 45 yards . 

group wise things are looking up a bit . i took two batches of air arms pellets . 2014 . 2018 . both 4.52 8.4s .the 18s seemed slightly better at first ( 55 yards . target 6 foot high . slight right to left wind . . adjusted the cones in the break and the 14s then came into a reliable half inch . so will try those out sunday . along with the new gimp coat . as i did not have a chance to use it today . reasonably happy with that . not a bad two hours work ???HOLLY

17 hours ago, holly said:

And so the long slog started today , standing wise . 35 standers straight off . 29 hits . we must do better . we will do better . from 20 yards out to 45 yards . 

group wise things are looking up a bit . i took two batches of air arms pellets . 2014 . 2018 . both 4.52 8.4s .the 18s seemed slightly better at first ( 55 yards . target 6 foot high . slight right to left wind . . adjusted the cones in the break and the 14s then came into a reliable half inch . so will try those out sunday . along with the new gimp coat . as i did not have a chance to use it today . reasonably happy with that . not a bad two hours work ???HOLLY

Anything better than 50% is good in my book...:rolleyes:

for practice 90% is good . 100 % is better . if i cannot kneel at the end i need to get as many as i can ??? HOLY