Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

No colin . was gonna . but the steyr would look nice but i don't think i would be able to shoot it properly without making it look rubbish . nope gonna flog em off ans see what else is about ??? HOLLY

No colin . was gonna . but the steyr would look nice but i don't think i would be able to shoot it properly without making it look rubbish . nope gonna flog em off ans see what else is about ??? HOLLY

Here we go again, defeat snatched from the jaws of victory...:grin:

Btw Holly we have a new lay-dee photographer who is a US cousin. I was relating your experiences in Canada with the TA and your 'bear gun' i.e. the M16. She thought that hilarious as she's done a bit of hiking in bear country and she and her husband pack a .50 cal revolver for bears.

According to her husband emptying an M16 into a grizzly will just p*ss it off big time.... :rofl2:

No colin we had 7.62 ( 308 ) SLRs and believe me nothing laughs at a 154 grain bullet doing 2650 feet per second ??? HOLLY

No colin we had 7.62 ( 308 ) SLRs and believe me nothing laughs at a 154 grain bullet doing 2650 feet per second ??? HOLLY

Ah must be someone else packing M16's in bear country....:grin:

And it was backed up by nineteen others and a very twitchy trigger finger ??? HOLLY

And it was backed up by nineteen others and a very twitchy trigger finger ??? HOLLY

Being on point must have been a joy in your squad...:rolleyes:

I was on point through the so called jungle there in canada . first one to see the bear / elk or whatever . all we saw were big piles of steaming pooh . no animals except porkipines . you could hear em rattling miles away , as they scuttled off . beautiful country . big big big ??? HOLLY

PS 400 square mile training area .

I was on point through the so called jungle there in canada . first one to see the bear / elk or whatever . all we saw were big piles of steaming pooh . no animals except porkipines . you could hear em rattling miles away , as they scuttled off . beautiful country . big big big ??? HOLLY

PS 400 square mile training area .

Your back must have been twitching....:grin:

OK got the dosh for the pup . so should i get mr canes pup stock . he is doing a lighter version . gonna send me some pics . is my steyr worth it . hmmmm ??? HOLLY

Do it the other way mate, send the Canes photos of someof your other "creations" and let them decide if they want you to own one of theirs!😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by dc1

Dave , far be it from me to mention that they don't yet know you have the one and only gary cane stock for a 2002 ? i think if i were to drop this into the conversation . there would be a screech of brakes outside your gaff and a lot of men in masks would come running in to retrieve said stock . after all they only want quality shooters using there gear . now if you called your self that after your last performance . you could be done under the trades description act . have a good day . ??? HOLLY

Dave , far be it from me to mention that they don't yet know you have the one and only gary cane stock for a 2002 ? i think if i were to drop this into the conversation . there would be a screech of brakes outside your gaff and a lot of men in masks would come running in to retrieve said stock . after all they only want quality shooters using there gear . now if you called your self that after your last performance . you could be done under the trades description act . have a good day . ??? HOLLY

As it happens, they do

And were pleased to know its current whereaouts

Or they were anyway

Everyone is entitled to an off day now and then, some people have an off few years...:grin:

Now who can he be talking about ? Bazza ? Neil ? HOLLY

OH dear . gary has just brought out a new design . just as i was a gonna go with the old one . grrrrr .up down , in out ??? HOLLY

Any of you mugs got a Rowan adjustable forend mech for sale ??? HOLLY

Ok spoke to gary cane to day . nice fella . gonna speak to kate tomorrow and see about ordering one ??? HOLLY

PS anybody lend me a dollar or two ?

well if i want a rowan mech , the final price is in excess of a new FTP ??? HOLLY

Been thinking of pupping the 9015ft just for something different.

I like Gary's stocks apart from the trigger finger always looks to be pointing up to the trigger rather than inline with the trigger.

Matt

Better get saving then Matt . £ 1538 so far . without postage ??? HOLLY

Doesn't seem bad to me, if you break it down into how much a stock costs, rail, linkage...

Just not sure if I'd get on with one or not, it's at this point it becomes expensive.

I also do like the stock he does like the fwb800 walnut...that does look good

Matt

The actual stock and linkage is £ 1075 i think it is . but then VAT brings it up to £ 1278 if you just have twin posts to move the hampster up and down with . but if you want a rowan . well the rowan is £260 and so on . you pays your money and takes your choice matt .personally i think a pup is the ultimate for FT . everything you need , nothing you don't . others disagree ??? HOLLY

There are cheaper options for the hampster out there than the rowan.

True stan but not ones that work as well and of course allow the stock to close over the mech to give the effect of nop lifter at all when closed . . gary is now making his own ??? HOLLY

Well too late to go back now . deposit sent ??? HOLLY

I know you might be set on the GC stock, but before you slap your money down there is a very skilled and talented stock maker down Neil's way who makes superb stocks very quickly. Not sure on the cost but I would guess considerably cheaper than Mr Cane, I think his name is Richard Oligvy or something.

And very good he is BUT booked up for ever . plus he does not do the metal work i believe that is needed for the pup ??? HOLLY

And very good he is BUT booked up for ever . plus he does not do the metal work i believe that is needed for the pup ??? HOLLY

Surely the woodwork is the hard bit, the metal work the easy bit especially for a GunSmyth of your renown? :grin:

Errrrm No ??? HOLLY