holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

Well Mr canes finest will be out Sunday testing the Heavies . yep some one has gotta do it . will they be a summer pellet . watch this space ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

Well Mr canes finest will be out Sunday testing the Heavies . yep some one has gotta do it . will they be a summer pellet . watch this space ??? HOLLY

Hate to point out the obvious but surely you're better off testing a summer rig.......in the summer?  :)

The whole point of heavies to me is 1/ accuracy and 2/  more consistent wind taking  in the sneaky beaky summer breezes . do they deliver ? if they deliver in the winter winds . they will deliver in the summer . simples Col . like your good self .??? HOLLY

PS i know they are good for accuracy . but is the windage acceptable .TOMORROW we will find out . oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5 hours ago, holly said:

The whole point of heavies to me is 1/ accuracy and 2/  more consistent wind taking  in the sneaky beaky summer breezes . do they deliver ? if they deliver in the winter winds . they will deliver in the summer . simples Col . like your good self .??? HOLLY

PS i know they are good for accuracy . but is the windage acceptable .TOMORROW we will find out . oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Didnt you try them before

And announce they were -rubbish-??

Any pellet that can group like these has to be considered . but groups don't give good results or wins . windage wins nowadays . so as said sunday . i will zero it at 50 yards and see how it goes on the long uns ??? HOLLY

PS will set em up at 715 fps i think . looks about right ?

PSS my problem will probably be range finding to the yard .

Edited by holly

715 is too close to bfta limit of 718 imho

8 hours ago, holly said:

You’re missing that extra variable, namely heat.

You can test in the winter until your fingers bleed but it makes zero difference in a summer scenario.

Mr March takes care of that Col , all i have to do is sit still enough to hit the -covered in gore- thing ??? HOLLY

Well that did not go as planned . had to walk across field and therefore could not take Chrono to set up the rifle . so results will have to wait . from what i saw the problem with heavies for me at least . would be range finding . ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

Well that did not go as planned . had to walk across field and therefore could not take Chrono to set up the rifle . so results will have to wait . from what i saw the problem with heavies for me at least . would be range finding . ??? HOLLY

Wow shocker 

I suspected it would be the problem . pellets went well . i  will give em another go later . after chronoing . ??? HOLLY

19 hours ago, holly said:

....and we have a winner!

....For 'stating the bleedin' obvious' 2018.

Let's give him a big hand!!!!!

jiFfM.jpg

For you Col . i have organised a DOOHHHHHHHH from the sun . please feel feel to fall flat on your face next year as usual ??? HOLLY :Spike

Edited by holly

Right made a few mods to the newer action i put in the GC . will give em a run out tomorrow and see how it goes after a session on the chrono . will take my spare reg in case it is that . one of the good things about the steyr is it is easily changed . ??? HOLLY

Well found out the problem i had earlier . the transfer port had no Washer in it to tension it . so it gradually turned it's self out . this increased the power . leading to the zero moving . only snag being , no washers . so i will have to cut out a piece of plastic to go under it . that for another day . as the winter league will be back shortly ??? HOLLY

17 hours ago, holly said:

Well found out the problem i had earlier . the transfer port had no Washer in it to tension it . so it gradually turned it's self out . this increased the power . leading to the zero moving . only snag being , no washers . so i will have to cut out a piece of plastic to go under it . that for another day . as the winter league will be back shortly ??? HOLLY

It’s a good job you’re such a competent gunsmyth...🤔

Yes Colin . remember 9003 serviced . i thank you ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Yes Colin . remember 9003 serviced . i thank you ??? HOLLY

But you don’t have a 9003.....🤔

No Colin but you have . just pop it in the post and i will have it back to you in no time . ??? HOLLY 

PS it might look like an old 2002 . 

10 hours ago, holly said:

No Colin but you have . just pop it in the post and i will have it back to you in no time . ??? HOLLY 

PS it might look like an old 2002 . 

I have a nice 9003 sticker, does that count?  :grin:

Anyway mine has been upgraded to a 2025 . so it is now factory . yours is just a bitser . same as grahams , nats and all the rest . so ner , ner , na ner ner ??? HOLLY

OK finally found a slim piece of plastic to cut to size for the transfer port washer . nice tight fit now . will try it next week . ??? HOLLY

On re-zeroing the Steyr  at our ground today . i went onto the course and could not hit a thing . you have heard me going on about the wind at our place . the wind on the zero range was Left to Right . pellet on pellet  at 35 yards . so when i got to a 53 yarder up a tree ( wind right to left ) . it took 5 shots and 6 inches plus of wind to get it . on the other side of the course coming back down on a 52 yarder it took two inches of wind to get it . a very bad case of zeroing into the wind methinks ??? HOLLY  

14 hours ago, holly said:

On re-zeroing the Steyr  at our ground today . i went onto the course and could not hit a thing . you have heard me going on about the wind at our place . the wind on the zero range was Left to Right . pellet on pellet  at 35 yards . so when i got to a 53 yarder up a tree ( wind right to left ) . it took 5 shots and 6 inches plus of wind to get it . on the other side of the course coming back down on a 52 yarder it took two inches of wind to get it . a very bad case of zeroing into the wind methinks ??? HOLLY  

...Or maybe different wind each time, or even your favourite, cross-over.....😉

Nope 6 inches in one direction . two inches in the other direction . that is not cross over that is a dodgy zero , in very windy conditions ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Nope 6 inches in one direction . two inches in the other direction . that is not cross over that is a dodgy zero , in very windy conditions ??? HOLLY

Only way to tell conclusively is to tramp down to where you were shooting to and shoot back to where you were and see if the windage reverses or stays the same...👍

Colin as usual you did not read the post in the first place ? wind right to left , six inches . wind left to right ( same wind ) two inches . Dohhh . zeroed into the wind dear boy . pay attention ??? HOLLY 

PS you should realise the penny ante winds you get at spring or etl . are just a light breeze over here , in the winter .

On 1/10/2019 at 2:08 PM, holly said:

Colin as usual you did not read the post in the first place ? wind right to left , six inches . wind left to right ( same wind ) two inches . Dohhh . zeroed into the wind dear boy . pay attention ??? HOLLY 

PS you should realise the penny ante winds you get at spring or etl . are just a light breeze over here , in the winter .

Spin drift and thermal lift mate...:grin:

Pop over one windy day and we will teach you the error of your ways ??? HOLLY

5 hours ago, holly said:

Pop over one windy day and we will teach you the error of your ways ??? HOLLY

I've heard about your 'day courses' no thanks...:grin: