Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

Two did for me AND you have so far had the easy bit ??? HOLLY

Never, nothing can be worse than the sleep deprived nappies full of rank baby poo multiplied by three, even the hell that is SAS selection would stop at that surely? :rolleyes:

No . first they will take your money . then your car and finally your rifles ??? HOLLY

No . first they will take your money . then your car and finally your rifles ??? HOLLY

Hmmmmm, I think I need to change the bank passwords and door locks and then hide the car keys...:rolleyes:

Won't do you any good .the bank account will be empty . the car knackered and the ammo box empty too ??? HOLLY

Won't do you any good .the bank account will be empty . the car knackered and the ammo box empty too ??? HOLLY

I can see why the institution of the boarding school was thought up...:rolleyes:

Talking to a gent today at the shoot and he reckons that Gary's hampster is not the same quality as the rowan one . so i will go with that ??? HOLLY

Ok it looks like the pup may be done on or by the 16th of Feb .. if so young cliffy may well be picking em up ??? HOLLY

PS now which barrel and which scope to go on it . that is the question . 

Edited by holly

Well quite interesting talkin to simon high . who also has a Sure shot CZ barrel for his rifle . he say's he has been having problems getting a pellet the rifle likes . so that does not sound hopeful . but push on we must . luckily the original steyr barrel is a good one . so if neither the HW100 or the CZ barrel work out . i can still fall back on that .??? HOLLY

All things being equal i should be going over on the 18 of feb to The buccs to pick up my Gary C pup off Cliffy . Ohhh exciting innit ??? HOLLY

Nice one. I’m getting mine on Saturday. Driving up to pontefract fit it in the stock and set it up for Sunday’s winter League at ETL. 

Fair old run stan . good luck and watch out for the speed cameras on the A1 ??? HOLLY

About 3 hours not too shabby. Probably take longer to get east to west in London on a week day. I’ll stick the car on cruise so no worries about cameras. Plus the cling film over the number plates lol 

Got some good nosh stops though stan . if the lorries are in there it must be reasonable.??? HOLLY

PS full english with two slices and a mug of tea will keep you going all day .

Well final bill for my Gary Cane conversion for the steyr including VAT is just over £ 1500 . about what i thought . so if you would all like to chip in . that would be nice . ??? HOLLY 

PS and before croucher gets in . no wood chips , crisp chips potato crisps count . i thank you .

PSS i can now be reached at the poor house . 

I would but i don't get it till the 18th ??? HOLLY

Like to see your's & Stan's...I've only ever had a couple of Bullpup's...a Falcon in a B&M stock & a Sharp Innova Venom Bullpup...I do like the compact package they offer but never seemed very balanced to me.?

The classic longer full sized rifle is for most people really . a pup is for those who need one i think . in my case i have short legs and a long body . what i wanted was just for once to have a pretty rifle and hopefully one that can shoot /?? HOLLY

You sound a similar shape to me Holly.....my Doctor said I was two stones over weight for my height...I replied I was actually the right weight..just six inches too short.:)

Hmmm similar thing to me when i smashed my finger between two blocks on my lorry working for Jewsons . went down the hospital and the sewed it up . i sked if i would still be able to play the pianno ? the doctor said yes no problem . i said that is strange , i could not play it before i had this accident . Bom Bom ??? HOLLY

The old ones are the best...you have an advantage over me there Holly...???

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, holly said:

Well quite interesting talkin to simon high . who also has a Sure shot CZ barrel for his rifle . he say's he has been having problems getting a pellet the rifle likes . so that does not sound hopeful . but push on we must . luckily the original steyr barrel is a good one . so if neither the HW100 or the CZ barrel work out . i can still fall back on that .??? HOLLY

A thread on stb about these Sure shot barrel's is not looking to promising ...the lad's are reporting the internal's are rough and there not grouping very well either! at £100+ a barrel this is a expensive gamble.

Also as you buy these barrel's as a blank they obviously need machining to fit a rifle where does this leave you if it's no good ? does it come with a 12 month guarantee ? can you ask for a replacement or your money back under the sale of good's act?    food for thought!

John i am told that particular barrel was not a good one . trouble with the crown . now if simon had known that he could have asked mick tromens who did the machining to see what he could do about it . as said i have sent my HW100 barrel to him to do . i hope to get it back next week ( or not ) yes you do take a chance with these type of things . but then in life and FT you either try it , or stick with the original kit . your money , your choice . i chose to go this route because i do not trust stainless barrels . i suppose the answer is if you cannot afford to lose the money . don't buy one . ??? HOLLY

Right no messing this weekend . hopefully i will pick up the GC steyr . if not raining will fit my march on it and we will see how it goes on the zero range . if raining it won't come out of the box be assured . sunny sundays only ??? HOLLY

Should get the HW100 barrel tomorrow converted by mick tromans . ( good fella ) if so , it will go on the wifes rifle and i will try it out thursday weather permitting ( god awful weather )  it is the carbine barrel . threaded for a silencer or a muzzle brake .  i have never shot a dodgy HW barrel so we will see ??? HOLLY 

PS i am told that the latest ones ( which this is not ) likes 7,9s . 

No Mate , next week . gary made the scope riser for a later challenger chassis . different to the Lg 100/ 110 . so he has to do another drawing for the CNC ??? HOLLY

PS Innit exciting ??? HOLLY

Cannot get the pup till next week it seems . snow , snow and snow ??? HOLLY