Sign in to follow this  
holly

So You Want A Gary Cane Bull Pup ?

OK should be ready saturday . if cliffy picks it up . will have to go over sunday . get the rifle . back to the ferry . down the club . fit the barrel . . fit the scope . zero  . practise . and go home . easy day then . should be fun unless it is raining ??? HOLLY

And by the look of the forecast . yes it will be raining ??? HOLLY

And by the look of it all -covered in gore- week as well ??? HOLLY

Well Clify has picked up his and my stocks . so should pick up tomorrow ??? HOLLY 

PS just hope it stops raining long enough to try it ??? HOLLY

Well picked the rifle up from Cliffy today . to much hassel to get down the club and try to sort it out . so dropped it off  and put the march on top of the wifes steyr and went down the club to start to set it up . just now put the lupe on top of GC  pup . gotta say . the attention to detail on the rifle is superb . even though i never had a fitting . it fits like a glove . if you have the money gents . do not hesitate . get you bum down there and get one you like ??? HOLLY

15 minutes ago, holly said:

Well picked the rifle up from Cliffy today . to much hassel to get down the club and try to sort it out . so dropped it off  and put the march on top of the wifes steyr and went down the club to start to set it up . just now put the lupe on top of GC  pup . gotta say . the attention to detail on the rifle is superb . even though i never had a fitting . it fits like a glove . if you have the money gents . do not hesitate . get you bum down there and get one you like ??? HOLLY

Got any pics Holly?

Can't get pictures on here but i don't think a picture does Gary's stocks justice. 

Posted (edited)

ok Cliff I though you could post pics ....ive tried but site says file to big

Edited by john79

Yes that is what mine says John . file to big . it is not so much the in the face part of the stocks . it is a lot in the detail . very nice . as i say . if you have the money and the need . well get one ??? HOLLY

well cylinder has now gone off to Mick tromans for a quick fill .  WL barrel fitted to continue putting pellets through it . wedneday . we can run a comparison against bazzas Tsar . which he says has been shooting high of late ( say's he found the stock bolts were a little loose ) so we will see how that is going ??? HOLLY

Well that was an odd day out . took the GC to the club . field wet walked across . had a cuppa . got the rifle out to fill . no air cylinder . had forgot to borrow the wifes . ah well never mind . have a cuppa . left the rifle/lupe in the sun to see if the lupe would shift ? well i knew it would shift but by how much . after half an hour , i tried it and it five yards out at 55 . to be fair i set it up in the winter and it has been very good for the winter league . ok , monday lupe off . march on . while had nothing much to do i messed about in the shooting positions . gotta say the GC handles em all . even on the bench it was better . perfect fit . it is like you are part of it . ( yeah the duff part ) . if you have the dosh . do your self a favour , get one . sell something . ( the wife , your body , ) unlike that fella from belgium . your welcome to try mine ??? HOLLY

About 3 hours not too shabby. Probably take longer to get east to west in London on a week day. I’ll stick the car on cruise so no worries about cameras. Plus the cling film over the number plates lol 

Apparently your pup is featured on Gary Canes website. Fame at last 

And why not dear boy??? HOLLY

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, springboy said:

Apparently your pup is featured on Gary Canes website. Fame at last 

I want to see the "he's had it 2 months" pics on.canes website😁

Edited by dc1

Dave you will be able to use me as a Barometer ? if i am in the car with the rifle . it is raining ( or looks like rain ) if it is sunny . i will be outside the car . simple , like you ??? HOLLY :eek: :soj:

What’s happened to that tuff ex special forces chap that used to shoot in all weather. Remember you used to say the rain is an FT shooters best friend lol

No No No . IT DOES NOT COME OUT IN THE RAIN . i will use the wifes in the wet weather . getting new wood work for it next week . the blue spider man paint scheme was a little Pooofee for me . alright for groucher i suppose . and if anybody laughs , i will hit em with my hand bag ??? HOLLY

Well you already got tights and hairpiece

Only the hair piece i borrowed off of you Dave ??? HOLLY

PS by the way . simon has a pair of tights now but he is shy of wearing it . so he puts it below his waterproofs . hah  hah . it is catching on at last .

OK to make up for yesterdays cock up , of forgetting the air cylinder . i went today down the club in the morning for three hours . the aim was to shoot in the LW Match  barrel  ( phil say's he has roughly half a dozen of em that he got from Pax ) any way wanted to try lube on the AAs . started off dry , shot a around 80 pellets . grouping was average . discounting flyiers caused by wind changing/speeding up slowing down . half inch 5 shot groups were the norm . wind was around 5 mph . checked rifle over the chrono and a bit high at 790 . ( warmer ) turned it down to my fave . 777 fps .( just like the sound of it ) changed direction so as the wind came from the right . quite a steady 5 mph . put 50 pellets in to an empty tin , along with two drops of  napier pellet lube .. swirled em about for a couple of mins . and started shooting . all was well for around 15 shots and then they started to string up and down slightly . can't be having that . so stopped that and went back to dry pellets . strangely enough the consistency of the groups was better . to see if it would last . i fired 40 pellets off the bench at 52 yards onto a painted metal target .37 went into a half inch  .the other three ( dodgy trigger technique ) took it to an inch  . what i think was learned here is that the barrel  was cleaned a bit by the 15 shots with lube . and is now shot in enough to shoot at it's best clean . barrel cleaned spotless tonight . cylinder back shortly . march goes on top and then off to kick ass . ( as long as it is not raining ) only one thing to say . Let Her Ripppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY:)

Been thinking , maybe two drops for 50 pellets was too much . will give it try later with one drop . mind you next up lube wise is FP 10 . will just do one drop of that on 50 pellets . can i get the groups down to a quarter of an inch on a good day ? probably not . but gotta try ??? HOLLY

PS best thing about FP 10 is it does not allow anything to stick in the barrel or on your fingers . 

well no shoot tomorrow . got the cylinder back from mick tromans after fitting a quick fill .  so i have put the march on top of it and taken the WL barrel off to be polished and clear laquered . was gonna carbon fibre wrap it . but not enough clearance to get it into the breech area . so it looks like laquer . the barrel was a blank so not finished .??? HOLLY

Gary canes finest out today . first i made sure there was not a cloud in the sky ? Hmmmm yerrrrs , OK out we go . as i have the LW off to Laquer it . ( soon as it warms up a bit ) i put the  spare LG110 barrel on it . very windy today , 15 to 20 mph . 4 inches min at 55 yards . our lad with a ftp was missing the plate .. as i did not have the WL barrel to compare it is difficult to say what was what but i got the impression that the WL would have been better all round today . i have shot that barrel in very windy conditions and it did seem to me to be easier to assess the right windage to give it . but we will see ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Gary canes finest out today . first i made sure there was not a cloud in the sky ? Hmmmm yerrrrs , OK out we go . as i have the LW off to knaquer it . ( soon as it warms up a bit ) i put the  spare LG110 barrel on it . very windy today , 15 to 20 mph . 4 inches min at 55 yards . our lad with a ftp was missing the plate .. as i did not have the WL barrel to compare it is difficult to say what was what but i got the impression that the WL would have been better all round today . i have shot that barrel in very windy conditions and it did seem to me to be easier to assess the right windage to give it . but we will see ??? HOLLY

Fixed that for you mate🤣🤣

You know , that is what i like about Dave ?  NOTHING . ??? HOLLY:0:soj:

GC out today . work party first and then since the wind was down . i put in some groups . gotta say the LW barrel can do some nice groups . the best were quarter of an inch , 5 shots . some opening up slightly as the wind picked up . yes happy with that . ??? HOLLY 

PS first version of the course now out . gotta change some of the mini kills about on wednesday . but as long as it does not rain . i will do the full course thursday . 

Club today . -excrement-e day . peed down with rain . did some work on the course . nearly lost both boots in the mud . only got another two and a bit lanes to do . that should bring us up to 22 lanes . another three lanes and we could hold a GP ??? HOLLY

As has been said on here of late , everybody has a different idea of what is a good course .  the one that is out now is the first version of ours . we have tried to give a mix of targets . something for everyone . although some will see it as too easy , some as too hard . me like to have a couple of targets that are right bitches . we have three of those  at the mo . will be interesting when the weather clears up and the ground drys out so we can have a little comp to see just what is what ??? HOLLY

OK tomorrow is standers training . gonna try various things to improve my standers . main one amongst em is to try magging right down to 10 . we will see ??? HOLLY