Sign in to follow this  
holly

New Scope .

Got fed up trying to get a back up 20=50 . so thought i have a look for a scope for my old GC2 .been sitting there in the nude for a while . so don't want to spend too much . but want something reasonable . decided to try a Konus 10=40 by 52 . . you get all the gear with em . mounts , side wheel . it has a lazer etched ret . illum . internal level bubble .so on and so forth . bit i liked was Optics warehouse allow you to send it back if not happy . i have had a T50 m no thank you . i have looked through the new hawke FT . truly awful . so how was this . i would put it optically about the same as a MK 11 Nikko . smaller field of view . only down side i can see so far is that it is not very good on the lower mags . on 20 and up it is pretty good . which is handy cos i don't go below twenty . will see how it goes on the old GC2 sunday ??? HOLLY

Be interesting to see how it performs. Sureshot do what looks like a good range of "budget" scopes. They've even got a 8-80x60 with 34mm tube coming out soon.

Edited by springboy

Took the grand children to the club today . They are a bit rough with gear so I used the custom shop scope .now this must be twenty years old . When I had a look through his New ft hawks at i think £750 . He asked what I thought of it . I said go out and have a look through this old scope .when he came back he said , yes it is clearer .£150s worth . Holly

I always like the way Optics lay out their site making it easy to navigate straight to what you're after even if you are a total novice.

That Konus scope does look good value for money, it's well regarded in the states as a budget scope so you never know it could be ideal for you.

Just got fed up looking for a back up scope . once i have sold my spare anschutz i will look around again ??? HOLLY

I know where theres a nice 20 50,you could always draw a dot in themiddle with a sharpie

+No when i sell my spare 2002 . i will have another look around . will give mr konus a run out sunday ??? HOLLY

+No when i sell my spare 2002 . i will have another look around . will give mr konus a run out sunday ??? HOLLY

Should be ok, certainly better than that Hawke...

That's the beauty of owning a BSA. I looked through Andy's hawke and thought it was superb

Like everything stan , good and bad ,the chap who looked through my Vasco offered to buy it to night , don'think so . Holly

That's the beauty of owning a BSA. I looked through Andy's hawke and thought it was superb

Lol, silver lining and all that

Edited by dc1

You should have bought it, an upgrade for you mate....:rolleyes:
To be honest if I were to pay that much for a scope I'd go for a s/h comp x or 20-50 Edited by springboy

Lol, silver lining and all that

Haha. It feels I'm looking through a cloud with the Beeza lol

I have such good memories of my old Big Beesa I wouldn't want to spoil by looking through one now. Give them their due though, they might be a low contrast milky mess, but they could range...:grin:

right well konus out tomorrow to see what is what . the scope features a 30 mil tube . lazer etched ret . illum ret . internal level bubble . mill dot ret . four inch sunshade , flip up lens caps . mounts . and a spare battery . £399 . is it worth it , is it any good as a entry level FT scope . all will be revealed ??? HOLLY

It gets.pretty good reviews on tinterweb, from folks wiv real guns

Dunno if they range find with them

Well your not getting a s&b for that money , having said that hope fully it will be a bit better at range finding than the s&b holly

I have spent a little time with the Konus, not enough to review it but enough to assess it for someone at the club who was looking for a scope. I think it is good value for money and seemed to range well, maybe not up to Holly's exacting standards but then I was aware I was looking through a £400 scope, not a £2,400 scope.

As I recall the bubble gauge is invisible when looking at the target, or at best a vague shadow in the sight picture, the optics are clear and bright and the reticle is very useable. With 1/10th clicks the amount of adjustment is limited which is why John at Opticswhorehouse has put the package together with the Hawke mounts.

I'll be interested to hear what the maestro thinks, as this has the potential to be a good starter scope, without the weight penalty of a s/h Nikko.

I can tell you know the maestro wont range on full mag, why would he ?,its there to be used

Yes, that's always a puzzle. Buy a 60 mag scope and use it on 30 and below... why not just buy a 30 mag scope?

One of the guys down here, who was a fair shot in the past, struggled for a couple of years and was going to give up, I suggested less mag, he bought a very nice 30 mag scope (Delta maybe, something like that, not cheap), I helped him sort out the best way to rangefind with it, and the b'stard just made it into AA grade for next season.... leaving me in A (by 0.70 %).

Yes, that's always a puzzle. Buy a 60 mag scope and use it on 30 and below... why not just buy a 30 mag scope?

One of the guys down here, who was a fair shot in the past, struggled for a couple of years and was going to give up, I suggested less mag, he bought a very nice 30 mag scope (Delta maybe, something like that, not cheap), I helped him sort out the best way to rangefind with it, and the b'stard just made it into AA grade for next season.... leaving me in A (by 0.70 %).

:rofl2:

If I could find an unmolested 6-24 Tasco TR I could set it up and show someone how to rangefind with it as accurately as with a x40 power scope but without all the temperature variation.

Interesting day , dave will be expecting me to say it is the greatest thing i have ever used . not so . it has two faults i can so far see . one is that like a lot of budget scopes . it does not like very strong low light from the front . two the turrets are not the greatest BUT that might turn out to be a strength in the end . why ? cos the ret (mil dot ) is very good indeed . with a zero of 35 yards , 55 yards was two and a half mil dots . 10 was the top of the bottom post . no adjustments needed .leave the turrets locked down . no miss dialing . the ret plus the illum part of the ret is spot on . very clear and with good spacing of the dots , so there is no confusion . in the wood the scope was clear , not lupe clear but good . roughly the same as a decent MK11 nikko . as a slow shooter i use the lowest mag i can to range . cos then i do not have to lose time changing range to shoot on . in the case of this scope i found that 30 mag was the lowest you could reliably repeat ranges . then if time in hand down to 20 to shoot on . i think the magification is fibbing a bit . i think it is more than is said . one of the reasons i sold the 40 mag comp was i had trouble picking up the target with it . not with this . straight onto the target .fitted with melvs help one of the nice mr harris side wheels . so we have a good looking scope that works .. so how good is the question you ask is the range finding on it ? when all is said and done . that is what it is all about . dave won't like this , but it is about the same as a sightron . not the internal quality i am sure . may only last a short time , dunno . but ranging . it bows to nothing . will see how it goes in the week ??? HOLLY

Sounds promising. Isn't range finding what it's all about and if this does it for more than half price it's a no brainier.

Sounds promising. Isn't range finding what it's all about and if this does it for more than half price it's a no brainier.

Too soon to say stan without further testing . cold / heat may effect it . wear and tear .but as it stands . it is well worth the money ??? HOLLY

It's got to better than my ZOS and that has been faultless even on a springer. Returns to zero everytime,nice positive clicks and I can wind it down and it still hits the mark. The only thing is it's a bit wishy washy past 50 yards.

Hmmmm used 30mag ,predicted

Turrets are unuseable and in mils???????

As good as a sightron (the reviewer walked past one once😁)

A bit dark.........

In other words its junk and ill be trying to mug someone off with it in 3 weeks

Edited by dc1