Sign in to follow this  
Eaton Rifles

SEFTA Winter League Rnd.3 Springfield....

Roll on ETL

Amen.

Not too late to sign up to one of my Courses on the IOW Col . Popular rates ( to me ) ??? HOLLY

I think I'm beyond help mate; I just can't seem to crack that low thirties barrier, so irritating...:rolleyes:

I need a large dollop of Jack's laid back attitude as it seems to stand him in good stead.

Jack has the confidence of many , many good shoots behind him . what you need you cannot have at the mo . practice , practice , practice and a good day like i had at bisley to set you off running . you stillhave it col . the man who cleared springfield is not gone . just buried by kiddy winks . Time to Let It Ripppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY

Jack has the confidence of many , many good shoots behind him . what you need you cannot have at the mo . practice , practice , practice and a good day like i had at bisley to set you off running . you stillhave it col . the man who cleared springfield is not gone . just buried by kiddy winks . Time to Let It Ripppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY

I don't get the practice like I used to when I was working at home; Do some work for a few hours followed by a couple of hours in the garden with the NJR, then a spot of lunch followed by a few more hours work, etc, etc. I used to be able to shoot for about 4 hours a day every day which makes a huge difference....:grin:

Right . hang the kiddy winks on the line in there romper suits , so they cannot get into trouble and practice , practice , practice ??? HOLLY

Right . hang the kiddy winks on the line in there romper suits , so they cannot get into trouble and practice , practice , practice ??? HOLLY

Bit old for that now at 10,9 & 8...:rolleyes:

Btw I got my first 'whatever' with the hand off Amber last week. I just burst out laughing which infuriated her even more....:grin:

Well you may never get it , but a real smack in the face was when kelly said . if you can't afford those shoes . you should not have had me ? and from the other one carolyne . a little note under the pillow . stained with tears , you love my sister more than you love me . that will get you every time ??? HOLLY

Well you may never get it , but a real smack in the face was when kelly said . if you can't afford those shoes . you should not have had me ? and from the other one carolyne . a little note under the pillow . stained with tears , you love my sister more than you love me . that will get you every time ??? HOLLY

Luckily they're still at the toy stage so shoes and handbags will come later no doubt.

Unluckily for them when they get to the stage of being old enough and wanting stuff they will be getting Saturday jobs or not having, simple as. Sounds harsh but when I grew up if I wanted anything I had to work for it or sell something. So for instance when I went on a school trip to the Baltic on the Uganda in 1976, I had to save the £144 from washing cars, selling paintings etc and pay for it myself.

My Mother was absolutely beside herself with fury when she found out I was 'wasting' that money on a 'worthless boat trip' but I was adamant that I wanted to go and see a bit more of the World so I went. Her revenge was to swap out my clothes so instead of taking jeans etc, I was the only kid on the boat who had three changes of school uniform. Nice.

Still, I'm a great believer that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, so even though those times were tough they taught me to be resourceful and independent all good qualities which then benefitted me through my later teens when I finally managed to get away from home.

Needless to say Christmas's at that time were a very sparse affair with a chocolate orange if I was lucky....:rolleyes:

Still, I'm a great believer that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Except Maleria 😂

Biggest things i got as a kid was a secondhand girls bike . that my dad painted to look newer . and the best of the lot a pair of Jacko Skates . only snag was they had steel wheels . the next year i got rubber wheels for em . perfection ??? HOLLY

My Mum was a championship skater back in the fifties, in fact she met my Dad roller-skating when she floored him going backwards to show off, funny old World....:grin:

Yep roller skating and ice skating were big in those day's . to be fair there was nothing much else to do ??? HOLLY

Yep roller skating and ice skating were big in those day's . to be fair there was nothing much else to do ??? HOLLY

Took the kids roller skating for the first time last weekend and they loved it. Pretty good value as it was £6 for all day so they were well knackered after four hours falling about so result.

Yep we once roller skated from Forest gate in east london to woolwhich ferry . we were done in / knackered when we got there and just scraped up enough for the bus fair back . those were the day's ??? HOLLY

PS The woolwhich ferry is free , and we used to go back and forth on it all day . sitting up on the life rafts .

I’m sure that somewhere some nutter has roller-skated around the World, or could it be the last frontier ready to be broken for Holly Guinness Glory....:grin: