• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
holly

Bazzas 9015 ?

Have a look at the price of lead heads for reloading steve . then tell me FT it is a cheap sport . the price of competition pellets is double what it should be . we are getting conned as usual ??? HOLLY

PS then look at the price of eley pellets . i wish they were a better standard than just for plinking

So what you're saying is that CSFTA is too expensive at £7.50 and it should be £3.75? and Pellets should be £3.50 a tin?

Aren't shot gun cartridges a tonne of money?

They're cheap in comparison with Big Bang stuff, though when you consider that the cheapest I can get .reasonable 22 ammo for is £3 for 50, .38 works out about 15p a pop, 7.62 and .223 are about 50p depending on the head but the real killer is .50 cal at a quid a pop. .338 is insane at £4 a Bang.

Still £12 for 500 .177 pellets from a shop is pretty silly considering only ten years ago the same ammo was £4 a tin.

Rob nobody mentioned CSFTA . i was talking about the price of pellets , with the new shop price of daystate pellets being £12 . the real price . if it had not been pushed up bt AA and daystate should be around the £6 mark . a fella at meon i was talking to said he could get a 100 lead heads for bullets for £30 . now i think most will agree that bullets are a bit larger than pellets . ??? HOLLY

PS i repeat , we are being done . somebody get over to china and get a deal . or how about central ordering a container load from jsb . same as bisley did years back .

Two things you are not taking into account Holly. One; bullet heads are usually cast and are made of pretty average lead. Two; they are made in the UK, I used to get mine from a place in Herefordshire.

JSB, Air Arms and Daystate pellets all come out of the same factory and are all made of 97% pure lead, that is the purest lead the factory can buy and that stuff is currently about £1200 a tonne. Once made they have to be dragged all the way to the UK, and you of all people should know how much that costs and how much (or actually how little) can be carried on a 42 tonne truck.

I agree that pellets are expensive, but comparing them to UK cast bullet heads is not really a fair comparison.

No but it is a point of interest neil . then have a look at Eley's pellets cost . they make some of the best match 22 rounds in the world . why oh why can they not upgrade there air rifle pellets . after all . why drag lead from abroad . when there is enough of it here ??? HOLLY

PS you cannot defend the indefensible . we are getting ripped off as usual .

after all . why drag lead from abroad . when there is enough of it here ???

Because lead isn't mined in the UK as far as I know.

there are lead deposits all over england , whether they are big enough to be mined profitably , i don't know . but i would have thought that at 12 pounds a tin of pellets . then it would be ??? HOLLY

PS i might come down to Iceni and pick up all the pellets you miss the target with steve . should make a fortune .

there are lead deposits all over england , whether they are big enough to be mined profitably , i don't know . but i would have thought that at 12 pounds a tin of pellets . then it would be ??? HOLLY

PS i might come down to Iceni and pick up all the pellets you miss the target with steve . should make a fortune .

We had a range butt dug out professionally a few years ago on a pistol range and they netted 67 tons of mostly lead, so that's one deposit down Holls...:grin:

The Mendip hill's have some old mines . perhaps Neil cold get his shovel out and make a Killing ??? HOLLY

Holly they last mined in the Mendips when you were a lad.... Roman times.

Then in that case Neil . nothing to stop you getting in there and making a killing ??? HOLLY :cheers:

PS I hear Colin needs a bit of lead in his pencil after three kids ? :poster_oops::amen:

Rob nobody mentioned CSFTA . i was talking about the price of pellets , with the new shop price of daystate pellets being £12 . the real price . if it had not been pushed up bt AA and daystate should be around the £6 mark . a fella at meon i was talking to said he could get a 100 lead heads for bullets for £30 . now i think most will agree that bullets are a bit larger than pellets . ??? HOLLY

PS i repeat , we are being done . somebody get over to china and get a deal . or how about central ordering a container load from jsb . same as bisley did years back .

Sorry hols I read you competition & pellets not competition pellets.

Dunno why you are paying £12 a tin... they're £7-8 delivered to your door, or less if you buy in bulk.

JSB start their bulk deals at 10's of £1000's and not sure if that includes VAT or delivery.

Hes talking about Daystate and AA with their price hike on a tin but you are right you can buy JSB for under a tenner. Olga sells them for 7.40 a tin. Uttings do sovereigns for £9.99.

Edited by springboy

Holly won't buy JSB, that's too straightforward, no crowing rights there when he hits a target then and no excuse possibility when he misses.

JSBs at the mo are quite simply not as good as AAs ??? HOLLY

PS it is down to the dies .

I find they have the edge over JSB which is a shame because JSB are easier to get hold of and as you know cheaper than AAs

Bisley i am told are selling JSBs for £ 7 ??? HOLLY

Bisley i am told are selling JSBs for £ 7 ??? HOLLY

I've finally found some JSB's that the old girl likes, but they're no better accuracy wise than El Snipers and take a shed load more wind so...:rolleyes:

If I called my wife 'the old girl' she'd slap me silly.

I found AA better than JSB when I done my testing a year back, I found a great batch but could only afford to 20 tins :-/

Bisley do support their members on pellet pricing which is great if you find a batch they have your rifle likes.

I have found in my vast hoard of Snipers that I have two different dies from two different years. By chance I found that my 9015 performs well with all of them, but is better in the wind with one particular batch, of which I have plenty, but it does mean that when I eventually top up my stock, I will have to do some testing, again.

If I called my wife 'the old girl' she'd slap me silly.

“Sarah, guess what, Stan called you an old girl on the forum, well not quite called you, but they were in the same sentence as your name”. :grin:

what is this Neil has changed his Name To Sarah ? is there something we are not being told ??? HOLLY

what is this Neil has changed his Name To Sarah ? is there something we are not being told ??? HOLLY

Only on weekends, you know the house rules....:grin:

Though that does explain the ‘leg shaving’ supposedly for cycling...:rolleyes:

Cue Neil with a total denial but we know about those hair enhanced sheer stockings Holly put you onto...

Strange morning already and that’s before I get to fraggle Rock....

Fantasising about a fellow shooter dressed as a woman.... wow, you boys are SERIOUSLY out there.

Now this seriously wrong . could Neil be the New Davinia . bit slimmer mind . but with the same things in mind . Ohwer Mother ??? HOLLY :offtopic::sign_respect1::poster_oops::cheers:

Back on topic ( yeah i know it is a shame after the Neil revelation's ) BUT it looks like Bazza may be moving on the 9015 . yep he reckons the Tsar take less wind ? so if you are in the market for a Jon Harris 9015 and have a couple of grand or so for a serviced well set up rifle s . why not give Bazza a call / Pm ??? HOLLY