• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
holly

Bazzas 9015 ?

Tempting... I wonder if he takes Luncheon Vouchers? Or Green Shield Stamps?

Back on topic ( yeah i know it is a shame after the Neil revelation's ) BUT it looks like Bazza may be moving on the 9015 . yep he reckons the Tsar take less wind ? so if you are in the market for a Jon Harris 9015 and have a couple of grand or so for a serviced well set up rifle s . why not give Bazza a call / Pm ??? HOLLY

“Hi Darron welcome to the company I have two company cars spare, a Mercedes CLK or a Skoda Octavia, which would you prefer?” “Oh great I will take the Skoda thanks”

Darron all bazza needs is reasonable rifle that is reliable . the tsar now seems to be that . personally i think he should have bought a GOOD steyr . cos they are so simple to keep running and adjust the power . he is a very good shot , once he gets his confidence back . he will be top three in Central . just as long as he has a decent rifle . ??? HOLLY

There is no reason why a sorted Tsar should not be an excellent rifle, it has the same barrel (I believe) as the RAW rifles and they're as accurate as anything. If the trigger on Bazza's is better than the very early one I tried, then there is every reason why it should shoot well. But, if it is taking less wind than the 9015, I would suggest that Bazza has not yet found the right pellets for the 9015.

Still, good opportunity for someone to pick up a very nice 9015.

There is no reason why a sorted Tsar should not be an excellent rifle, it has the same barrel (I believe) as the RAW rifles and they're as accurate as anything. If the trigger on Bazza's is better than the very early one I tried, then there is every reason why it should shoot well. But, if it is taking less wind than the 9015, I would suggest that Bazza has not yet found the right pellets for the 9015.

Still, good opportunity for someone to pick up a very nice 9015.

They are not the same barrel as the 2002 i take . other wise he could try one of mine ??? HOLLY

PS he better not sell it before he brings it over here for us to try ??? HOLLY

I'll have to get over there with mine too, it would make an interesting comparison.

Bazza will make his choice purely based on shooting potential, nothing else. Either it works or it’s out.

Now that the Tzar has been sorted by Gaystate apparently it is accurate, stable and reliable, all essential for a decent FT rifle. It is also left-handed though the grip needs to be bigger to accommodate his ‘shovel’ hands. He has the later 5 lever trigger, so while not being up there with Anschutz is still light years ahead of the bull-pups he has to put up with recently.

The 9015 is right-handed but being in the alu-stock is ambidextrous though the grip is not and so far finding El Dorado seems easier than sourcing a left-handed Anschutz or Steyr grip in the UK. So he can use it, but it’s not ideal not being able to properly hold the rifle.

Bazza is one of those shooters that can pick up any rifle and do well with it, I mean he shot a Ripley for years, so all in all the Tzar is probably the best bet for him judging by his recent tests.

Exactly what i thought Col . simple is best for Bazza ??? HOLLY

Exactly what i thought Col . simple is best for Bazza ??? HOLLY

You said simple without quoting one of the faithful. Thats a first

The main reason Holly moans about the price of pellets is because every month he buys a new rifle, finds that after he's fired 80,000 pellets through it he doesn't get on with it, so spends/wastes even more money bullpupping it.

He then fires another 80,000 pellets through it, before selling it at huge a loss.

This he has done since god was in short trousers- no wonder there's no lead in UK mines anymore! :) :)

There are lies , damn Lies and Magazine editors ? as usual graham missed the point ( missing was always his strong point ) shooting of all sorts . gets me out the door . much as i love my GC2 . you just cannot keep doing the same thing all the time . so yes i do lose some dosh , when i sell em . or the project has not worked out as i hoped ( EV2 Pup ) having said that . i have not given up on that completely . just need another Action .. but it keeps my old bonce working . after all i would not want to end up like Keith . peddling my brains out around kent . :cheers: . ??? HOLLY

Bazza say's he has not given up on the 9015 . just needs to give it a good lot of use . he has found a couple of good pellets via Neil . so he will keep at it . mind you i suppose it is not really the weather for hard practice , unless of course you have a GC2 ??? HOLLY

PS Well i had to get that in did i not .

Bazza say's that there is a possibility that his right handed 9015 could be up for sale shortly . as the Tsar is going well now . so if you want an early christmas prezzie and have £1800 . you could have a very good christmas Indeed .??? HOLLY

PS Better be quick though ?

Neil reports after some hours out in the snow . his 9015 / jon harris . is shooting the same as he got it out the bag . get some in lads.they are almost as good as a 2002 . who could ask for anything more ??? HOLLY

Neil reports after some hours out in the snow . his 9015 / jon harris . is shooting the same as he got it out the bag . get some in lads.they are almost as good as a 2002 . who could ask for anything more ??? HOLLY

I can fully concur with Neil

we were just putting the worlds to rights darron and your name came up . we all agreed that you need to quit eating cake ( send it us ) and get your ass into gear in the new year FT wise /?? HOLLY

PS no charge for the advice .

Well Bazza is coming over to the IOW this coming weekend for the Titanic event known as the carisbrooke christmas shoot . where he say's he will bring the 9015 with him . so all will be revealed . at last a decent shot ( me ) will get a chance to try one . Ohwerrrr Mother . will it be good , will it be bad . yep looking forward to it ??? HOLLY

OK now we are getting somewhere . today bazza reported that the 9015 , matched with the new daystate sovereign pellets was doing pellet on pellet . at last . but cos of time getting it a diet it liked . he has not actually shot it in the wind . well we can sort that sunday . when he turns up for the famous carisbrooke christmas shoot . only one thing to say .

PS Let Her Ripppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Ahh right ozzy . dunno i found em dear and they are going up shortly . i think after using the latest batch of AAs . that i will weigh the next lot i use and go with the 8.5s . that seem to make up the majority of the different types . bit of a pain i know , sorting out 50 good pellets all weighing the same . but it might account for the droppers i have been getting in some comps ??? HOLLY

yeah I had thought I had found the holy grail for my barrel when I tried an old tin I had in the cupboard. Bought a few more tins to check if all tins were the same as had no batch or die numbers on the tins and unfortunately all different. One tin amazing at 55 others like a shotgun ask anyone at Springfield they all witnessed it. I even gave all my tins to grandads boy Peter so he could see for himself.

I know grandad and peter have bought ten tins between em . he seems happy with the ones he has . . as dopper always say's ozzy . no sense in slug guns ??? HOLLY

I would like to try some of the pellets people say do not group in the later barrels as my old thing seem to shoot any of the 8.4 pellets the same.

That Keith is cos you can't see the groups . too much vibration from that old giant road bike . get a full suspension mountain bike ??? HOLLY

right . only had a small window in which to try Bazzas 9015 . mainly cos rain was expected at around 12..00 0 clock .( and it did ) as an average . it would; group three shots together and two would go out side the group at 55 yards . i tried the daystate and air arms pellets . at the time there was no wind to speak of . i asked bazza if after all his different pellet testing he had cleaned the barrel and he had forgotten to do it . which could well explain it ??? HOLLY

PS quite heavy but really beautiful trigger .

PSS Conclusion is it a beatiful rifle and would i like to own one ( pupped ) yes i would . it is four times more than my 2002 . is it four times better . answer is no it is not . at least at the mo .

bazza is coming over after christmas to do some work . so we can i hope get some proper testing done .

That certainly does sound like a 9015 with a dirty barrel to me.

Yes from the start it was doing it darron . it got better but not enough to give it OMG effect . i tried it with barry's pellets and mine . no real difference . i don't think barry is going to sell it on as i think a love affair is starting up . the trigger is without doubt the out standing part of the rifle . bazza is i believe coming over to the island to do some work . so i suggested he might bring both of his FT rifles with him and we can do a back to back test . plus i will scope up my old 2002 and we can test the lot against that and my steyr when it gets back . dunno how much work we will get done ??? HOLLY

Well i just spoke to bazza who has just cleaned his barrel out . he said it was rotten . so we will see ??? HOLLY

I’ve had a similar issue with my 9015, was throwing every 3rd or 4th shot low. Put some felts through and saw an improvement then pulled it through and voila back on song again. The only thing is the pull through came out as clean as it went in?