DaveL

Airgunforum, what future?

I see some things havent changed here and its the exact reason I took a step back before.

So, Im out again.

Good luck with the forum.

As a long term member I can see why you are opting out...I thank you for your efforts behind the scenes over many years..& Dave too...!

I don't know what's upset you, John, but right now the need for tech support is at its greatest, especially for handling new members, so without your help, I reckon we're well and truly screwed.

DaveL

John,

I'm not sure either what's happened either, can you mail me let me know what's going on?

Matt

On 20/01/2018 at 6:17 PM, J-B said:

It's possible because the forum places a cookie with the time you last visited and the threads you viewed. Thus it can work out which threads you've viewed and if they contain any new posts on your next visit. If there are new posts on those threads what it does is take you to the first of them.

If the behaviour has changed since the upgrade it's either a change in the settings, or a function that's changed.

Bit of reassurance anyone....:(

Things are ok, John is taking a more back seat position, not posting, but concentrating on getting things going. Notice a few things changing?

Just need to recruit a few more members who will post and then hold from there.

Matt

Thanks Matt.

As mentioned elsewhere on the forum, I was chatting to a few of the magazines and I asked if they could include a mention about the forum... hopefully something will come of that.

As an aside, does anyone know rules or regs for hosting a free to enter competition online?  Just thinking offering a prize throughout the year for people posting, Clubs posting etc etc.

Matt

I would like to reply to you Matt but i am  just getting ready post 3500 for the comp ??? HOLLY 

PS Nothing like getting a head start 

Lol holly,

Well in that case you could win each comp assuming it goes ahead.

Matt

No competition Matt . bunch of Mugs ??? HOLLY :thumb::f2:

Lol Holly,

I have spoke to a few companies about possibility of having a comp for clubs - maybe a few things to help them along, not 100% sure on the format.

Just need to get my head around competitions and what can and can't do.

regards,

Matt

On 24 November 2017 at 2:55 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

Yep it's more than obvious that neither of you are genuinely serious about passing this forum over and that ultimately no one will pass your stringent criteria for new owners.

So I will also thank you for your time in keeping the forum going over the past few years and wish the pair of you the best in the future, but ultimately I am out of here.

What changed your mind..?

It is a good forum . why would he not want to put a comment in or two ./ after all Colin knows almost as much about FT as i do . ( probably ) ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, mad mike said:

What changed your mind..?

I missed your mad rants....:)

Well that and I heard that Holly was arguing with himself and then refusing to talk to himself and I do hate to see a Rock Chimp in distress.

really the old chap is looking for some good shooting advice . and who better to give it . than me . there we are then . always happy sort out  the readers problems ??? HOLLY

43 minutes ago, holly said:

Really, I'm always looking for some good shooting advice and who better to give it than Colin, there we are then. Always happy sort out my problems, I might even thank him ??? HOLLY

:)

Yeah yeah yeah . back to his old tricks i see . and they certainly are O.L.D ??? HOLLY :thumb:

PS Bit like him .:doh::soj:

1 hour ago, holly said:

Yeah yeah yeah . back to his old tricks i see . and they certainly are O.L.D ??? HOLLY :thumb:

PS Bit like him .:doh::soj:

It's the oldest ones that are the best, bit like you...:)

Aye up your sparing partyners back Holls.

Not up my high standards Jon , But the lad try's ??? HOLLY :doh:

11 minutes ago, holly said:

Not up my high standards Jon , But the lad try's ??? HOLLY :doh:

Nonsense, I'm merely toying with you before taking over the World.....Muhuhuauauaaaaaaaa!  :)

On 23 April 2018 at 10:16 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

I missed your mad rants....:)

Well that and I heard that Holly was arguing with himself and then refusing to talk to himself and I do hate to see a Rock Chimp in distress.

Fair enough...I thought you had thrown the towel in...man of principles & all that...Holly will be pleased..:)

14 hours ago, mad mike said:

Fair enough...I thought you had thrown the towel in...man of principles & all that...Holly will be pleased..:)

I'm not so sure mate, after a few months of talking to himself I don't think he can cope with the voice of reason...:rolleyes:

The voice of reason ? hah ha hah ha ha , ohh my aching sides . col has a reason to hide , cos he knows what is coming at springfield GP ??? HOLLY

On 4/28/2018 at 9:24 AM, holly said:

The voice of reason ? hah ha hah ha ha , ohh my aching sides . col has a reason to hide , cos he knows what is coming at springfield GP ??? HOLLY

Quite so, I like when you can see the express train of inevitability bearing down on you in the tunnel of doom....:rolleyes:

Barry assures me it is the field of Doom again Col . so you should be happy . you won't hit anything , but you will be happy ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

Barry assures me it is the field of Doom again Col . so you should be happy . you won't hit anything , but you will be happy ??? HOLLY

Same for us both mate. What makes me laugh is all the 'seasoned' shooters who regard this Springfield GP as a cake-walk, a gimmee if you like.

Now either they haven't shoot there for a while i.e. pre-horseshoe/chicane or they've never shot the field. Either way they're in for a rude shock as Ian has been working over-time to ensure that the course will be 'testing'.

I don't think anyone outside of Springfield has shot there for about a decade.