Sign in to follow this  
Piemanlarger

2018 Gp series

So now the GP dates and venues are as set as can be, who is doing how many and where?

And why not?

Gp 1 - Redferns (April 22)

Gp 2 - Springfield (May 13)

Gp3 - Rivington (May 27)

Gp4 - Nelson (June 10)

Gp5 - July 1 Bisley (July 1)

Gp6 - July 15 Est Devon (July 15)

Gp7 - Anston (Aug 5)

Gp8 - Thurleston -MFTA (Aug 19)

2,4,5,6& 7 for me.

Gp 1 if I get a lift? Don't fancy Driving to Nefta twice in 2 weeks as will be there April 7&8 for inters weekend.

Gp 8 if I am not flying to Poland on the Sunday?

Not doing 3 as thought the previous Gp at Rivi was the worst course I have shot. Sincerely hope those that go have a better time this year!

2 &5 for me. Reason being Springfield is my club and Bisley is about the furthest Im willing to travel

No other cub can hold though Rob??

I cant see an edit on it sorry

Edited by Piemanlarger

2,5,6,7,8, for me

Shame Sywell couldnt get one in . We chatted about 2019 yesterday . When does the BFTA need to know by so we can pick a date before other Regions jump in.

Provisional 2019 dates will be discussed at the June Ogm

Thanks .i will put it in the diary

No other cub can hold though Rob??

I cant see an edit on it sorry

There is another club in the region and we're looking at that. It will be a new ground that hasn't had a GP and I think a real treat. But we just have to confirm it which we're going through the work needed to do that now, because it hasn't been able to be done before.

Edited by robF

I'll be doing them all.

If I did not have the memory of an orange fish I was going to propose at Agm that you (Bfta comp) should be paid to travel / stay and thus inspect each Bfta course on the Saturday. You need to get a range finder like my Bosh.

Hopefully then the poorly set out 20x 50+yard courses could be dealt with before Sunday. That possibly would have needed a proposal of the McFlynn / Daniels course setting guide, so another thing for 2018?

Some previous course attendances mean there wont be another unless I hear things have improved.

I think BFTA officers and 'staff' should have their expenses covered for the shoots. If it's expected & wanted that the BFTA and their volunteers are there (and lets face it not only is it such it's kind of mandatory in some ways) then at least expenses should be covered. I know exactly what it's like having to be at a shoot longer than you perhaps wish and quite frankly it's tiring, your shooting will suffer, and perhaps maybe you won't be at your peak person skills. A night in a hotel takes the sting out of what can be a 500 mile trip on top of a 10 hour day, so I think it's more than warranted. Perhaps contraversially I (personally) would rather see a £3 GP increase be used to support that (as well as other things) than it being given back to shooters at the end of the season who've forked out for that in the first place.

Society is starting to realise that if you want X services, then it doesn't matter if you're stamp collecting or shooting, those services cost the same and that has to come from somewhere.

Could not the regions bfta rep cover this? As long as the reps were fully trained etc etc.

That would suggest some existence of a training system, and some ability to keep that consistent, and some ability to deliver it, and then for the reps all to behave consistently.

In the end I think it's better to have one or two things you're trying to keep consistent than 9, possibly more.

I would think £3 increase in GP fees should easily cover course/training/trainerers fees. People do marshalling and course setting courses to maintain a standard and these seem to be working well