Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Old school comp

This is probably aimed more at holly than anyone else, but what would you like to see at an old school ft comp?

I see it with two categories spring piston and PCP. Within each category a split for scopes say max 12 mag and then max 32 mag.

How would you determine equipment allowed in each class?

Finally what comp format would you go for, old school 30 shot course, 45mm kills max, maybe a sideshoot of long-range and a vermin / dump shoot?

Give it some thought and will see if it gathers any momentum or not.

Matt

I presume you intend for tbe rifles and scopes to be old school as well as the format? How old school? 80s, 90s? If the rigs aren't period correct theres not much point to it is there?

Icenis East Anglian Open back in the late 80s was as much about side shoots as it was FT. Dump, long range, pistol, snooker, I'm sure there were others.

Edited by SteveC200

Can of worms Matt . we have had this out before . very difficult . course would be 25 targets . with 5 reducers . reducers at any range from 10 yards to 55 yards and they are eliminators to decide who wins if two shooters get 25 main targets . side shoots . long range . up to 80 yards , 5 targets on it . and a dump shoot . rifles i dunno how to define that . cos some scopes and rifles were made for a long time ??? HOLLY

No Gimp coats just motorbike leather jackets airmaster 77 or AIr Arms Shamal with 2-7x32 Tasco. RWS superdomes tiny little shooting cushion. Holly will still have his tracky bottoms of course

It's not intended to get a load of entries, idea is for a bit of fun and a nostalgic competition.

Jon Harris, would millride be interested in holding something like this? Holly would you be able to make it that far up north or is it too far? If so where?

Am also wondering if it could be used as a showcase to show off bell target, that seems to be generating interest once more.

Matt

Bisley is about as far down as i go Matt . honestly it would be a nightmare to sort out . only real way would be to state models allowed . I/ shamel . 2/ NJR 3/ RN 10 . 4/GC2 5/ the early daystate and so on . how you would sort an early 77 from a newer one . i don't know . ??? HOLLY

PS easiest way methinks is to have a heavy weight pellet comp .10.06 bisley mags only . that would sort em out .

Holly,

I wonder if something could be tied in with an arm's fair down there, be good to see the old kit out there?

Will give it some more thought.

Matt

Bisley is about as far down as i go Matt . honestly it would be a nightmare to sort out . only real way would be to state models allowed . I/ shamel . 2/ NJR 3/ RN 10 . 4/GC2 5/ the early daystate and so on . how you would sort an early 77 from a newer one . i don't know . ??? HOLLY

PS easiest way methinks is to have a heavy weight pellet comp .10.06 bisley mags only . that would sort em out .

Regarding the 77. I think it would stay the same as there aint really much changed in the springer world when it comes to tuning,I think airmaster and venom were as good as any drop in tune kit available now.

I think the springers are fairly easy, PCP can be as said the idea would just be a fun meet up to reminisce and see what the old comps used to be like.

Matt

I guess only owning a 9015 / March 80 combo I won’t be invited....

Darron,

You can be there to help Holly cock his GC2 for 30 shots plus dump shoot.

Matt

I get 80 ish shots depending on weather and they are all good ones . back in the day . most of the regged rifles had to fire a shot , before they took an aimed shot . if it was bitterly cold ??? HOLLY

Probably could host pre July.

My take is no ones going to travel with old kit and not many weekends free in the year.

Got a Zieller 8-32, that count. Can get JH No2 running again last used in 2005 Worlds.

I could use my Pro Target. I think the big bsa may just sneak in. I had my first one when they first came out I can range on 25 mag

What do you call old school pre 2000 or pre 1994.

No max range on standers

No max range on kneelers

Targets put out making the most of wind drift = skill

1" kills no limit on range

5 off 1" kills at the end 25+5 But this will spoil the best part of some grounds.

Long range n ranges narked

Dump shoot

Go and get your Gc2 back stan ??? HOLLY

The last person to have that was Simon Posser. It had a .22 barrel on it with a leupold 18-35 with premier ret for said calibre

I had a .22 gc2

There was talk at the time.that it was that fellas before

Dave had a gold plated NJR . very tasteful for a Essex pikey /?? HOLLY

Dave had a gold plated NJR . very tasteful for a Essex pikey /?? HOLLY

it was a nickel plated protarget.

With gold highlights. But dont let the truth get in the way of a thread

All i can remember of it was you trying to get it shoot properly . in the end i think it was the barrel needed Cleaning out cos of the finnish it had been done with .Somewhat Flashy . bit like your self Dave ??? HOLLY :cheers: