Sign in to follow this  
DTM

Quicky on new delta optics stryker "FT" scope

Pretty good glass, I would say for my eyes slightly better than nikko and sightron. ( which it was compared to side by side) Very nice reticle, Definition at 55 was not brilliant compared to one I looked through before they were released proper. paralaxing/snap was between nikko and leupold edging to more leupold than nikko. nikko was better and easier to live with. Maybe you have to learn it over time but you had to work at it. The parallax knob must be wafer thin because if you tightened a sidewheel up more than a very very light "nip" ( i tried with a sharkfin and a rowan universal ) it would start catching and become stiff to turn. You may get just away with it on a pcp but not on a springer. I dont think it would last a 50 shot course without coming loose. Scope returned and exchanged for a NIkko.

Hope others have a better experience :)

Edited by DTM

Yes DTM . what they describe as a FT scope is just cos it fits in there . not maybe cos it was made for the job . but like rifles you have to suck it and see , to really find out if it suits you . then there is the pleasure you get in really good optics . i think once you have used a top quality scope , there is no going back and yes i have tried three cheaper scopes lately . good scopes for someone on a budget or with limited funds . would you keep em though . although funny enough the cheapest scope i have . a tasco custom shop . a good twenty or more years old . i keep to check out rifles if i think they are playing up . to save taking scopes off other rifles . that old scope is a clear as day . not sure how long it would last given regular use . yes i still think that a good big nikko is the best of what could be called the cheaper scopes . after that it goes up £ 500 or so to the sightron .??? HOLLY

I looked through one of Dtms new big nickos and it was optically as good as my sightron, it was the illuminated reticle version , I dont think Id be buying a sightron if I was buying a new one.

What put me off the sightron Dave , was the very narrow field of view , making it for me at least . difficult to pick up the target . that and the weight . range finding was spot on though . ??? HOLLY

I use my sightron on 35mag and the field of view is fine but you loose the snap when range finding , as with most things theres a compromise.

I think Nikko have upped their game slightly. I tried them on 35mag and they still range find very very well. I played with a 60 mag march. Glass was clearly a step up but was it worth 3 times the price? Not in my eyes it wasn't :) (see what i did there :) ? )

Well dave a tried Bazzas one and it was repeating the ranges on 25 mag with some care . i was tempted but once again the weight put me off .

The nikko ( a good one ) is still for me the cheapest good quality Ft scope . good optics . field of view and smooth to use . as ever best to try it before buying it ??? HOLLY

PS i am biased but a good 20=50 does it all if you can handle the 50 foot adapter .

Well dave a tried Bazzas one and it was repeating the ranges on 25 mag with some care . i was tempted but once again the weight put me off .

The nikko ( a good one ) is still for me the cheapest good quality Ft scope . good optics . field of view and smooth to use . as ever best to try it before buying it ??? HOLLY

PS i am biased but a good 20=50 does it all if you can handle the 50 foot adapter .

Ive tried a 20-50 on a mates gun and it was a lovely scope, but at the time I bought the sightron a leup was good money and it worrried me if anything went wrong with it.

The weight of the sightron doesnt bother me but if I was buying a scope tomorrow Id probably buy a big Nicko as the one I looked through was as good as the sightron but just over half the price.

I have had just about all the scopes . the only one clearer than a good 20 = 50 was my S&B FT BUT it was only clearer on the lower mags . and a good lupe will slaughter a S&B FT for range finding . trouble being you have to learn em . and the modern FT shooter want's results straight away . for which i suppose you cannot blame em . £ 650 ( or less ) buys a lupe now . i have two . one for the wife and one for the new ( to me ) steyr . i put it like this , if i needed the money . the only scope i would keep is the lupe ??? HOLLY