7 hours ago, holly said:

so what are the barrels fitted to anschutz and steyr  then jon . if they are just plated or chromed . what is the advantage of that . ??? HOLLY

Cant answer that i have no idea and possibly change quarterly who knows.
Anchutz since 1998 are all steel uncoatred and unplated, 2002 - 2025 were made inhouse definately. Good source from a German with his fried an employee 12 years back - 3rd hand mentioned Lothar barrels used.
For some time i have noticed varying differences at the muzzle. Some are recessed then crowned, others flat faced and crowned with a hard or etching mark. Al will have a hard mark where fitted to front block usually three numbers.

My early barrels i used to colour by flame, 9/10 after 30 shots they were usually better. When you get to the heat required to colour steel the grain structure changes and if theyve machined the wrong way round its like firing pellets down forward facing spikes. The problem with Daystate smooth bores 50/50 good or bad dependant how they put it in the press.
Likewise have seen superb groups prior to blacking.
Al lin all if its good leave well alone.

As an example , shooting today with a my shutz . there was a nasty little wind . around 10 to 15 mph . quartering from the right and then left , mostly from behind . at 55 yards . i could with the shutz , stay in the centre of the  kill . now my steyr would never have done that . i would have to make a decision to aim to the right or left hand side of the kill . ??? HOLLY

What bar is the reg set at on the Annie? I was reading a post on Facebook about reg pressure and it’s effects with wind. After some tests,it was concluded that if they ran the reg at 130bar it was less effected by the wind against a lower pressure reg.Thats what’s got me thinking if your Annie has a higher reg pressure than the Steyr 

Edited by springboy

No idea . i think welham sets em at 90 bar . keith does it that way . high reg pressure , the hammer turned right in and the transfer port turned down . you need to have a word with him ??? HOLLY

PS but he does not get many shots obviously .

The way my 2002is setup and has been like it for years is the hammer is turned in almost as far as it goes and still cocks ok then the reg turned down to get the power near where I wanted and then I use my transfer port mod the bring it down to around 775 with 8.4 pellets nd it has stayed at that FPs for years hot or cold and over any chrono reading the same. When Wayne sorted my oring problem a while ago he did say my Reg was set fairly low. 

If my one out there is playing with Rn10 regs I still have all my Joe Korick setup tools here I will sell as I never use them. 

I would go back Stan and tell them theyre talking bo..ox.