Sign in to follow this  
holly

Buccs Central Winter League This Sunday .

Right on the downward slope of Centrals Winter league now . the buccs this sunday . does not look nice weather wise though . plus my old GC2 is still leaking slowly . so looks like it will be hard work on sunday ??? HOLLY

I hope Mr Cane has his ass in gear . i need another rifle Soon ??? HOLLY

PS mind you old mr shutz might be sorted for the one after next  . or not .

PS but not if it's raining .

Well Dear God what an awful day . it did not stop raining . it ran down the hill taking a mini flood/mud slide with it . i started well i think i cleared 4 lanes and then . and then the -covered in gore- top turret inner came loose . oh dear . should have put lock tight on it . still the GC2 seems to have held as far as it went . and when i got home there was still air in the shutz . so maybe just maybe we are on the up . i do hope so . i am not going to work tomorrow . gonna have a lay in . and look at the rain out of the window . Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh??? HOLLY

Well today was a little learning experience, it has been a number of years since I shot in weather that bad and wet in the 1990's.

However, it was my first ever DNF due to a mechanical. Started on a kneeling lane missed a 35yd low at 6 like just about on the edge of the kill. I put it down as me however the 2nd target at 25yd landed about 1/2" lower than the first.

The next 2 targets the pellets landed at 6 hitting the chain on both. Got the next 2 by luck I think as aiming so 6" high. Missed the next 2 but by this time I was some 4-6" over the plate. I had just filled with air so not sure why its playing up. It sort of had the symptoms of the cylinder pressure being below the reg pressure. Called it a day but soldiered on marshall Steve Lucas (who finished on a 30) who was taking bit off the rifle to try and see through the scope.

I will have to check things out next weekend. Leaving the rifle alone, well apart from drying and cleaning it after the soaking today, and see what the the pressure is in the rifle and what it does over a chrono.

What rifle do you use. 

Andy shoots a ripper Keith ??? HOLLY

Right Well it seems the ripper is a bit poorly.

Checked the air in rifle and it was reading 150bar which might be about right as Hollys gauge on his bottle a bit sluggish. So crossed that off the list.

Next, shots over the chronic and probably a bingo. First shot 649, followed by 655, 640, 649, 649, 655, 631, 640. Ok the next thing was a turn and a half on adjuster and got readings around 790. Went back and filled rifle back up to 160bar ( all left in bottle) and rechecked. Got a couple of shots around the 780  mark, dry fired 10 shots next pellet gave 660fps, another 10 and it's down to 630.

Fired another 20 shots and the rifle started to dump air.

So it needs a service. Thinking about it today it was last looked at about 7 years ago so it has lasted a good time. Going to give the man who did it back then and see if he can fit it in. Might have to use my Rapid for the next round if not back in time.

Can lend you my spare Shutz Andy ??? HOLLY

PS just think you can use a good rifle for a change .

My mate got his Ripper out after using last in 1996. Dumped all the air so sent it to Shaun Hill. Done a nice job on it,I think he may have put a new reg in it.