Yes I spoke to him earlier. Did a nice job on it by all accounts too 

Ahhh but will he ever use it , or will it like my SR sit in the cupboard .??? HOLLY

Maybe be used as a casual gun for down the club on days when he can’t be bothered to carry all his gear from the car. Yes but you don’t give that SR a chance  they’re nice to shoot without running out of air. When I had mine I had it in a CS1000 stock and used it at ETL a couple of times. I think I actually won something with it as well. 

Edited by springboy

Nah . they are just too heavy for me . i keep my SR cos i like the look of it ??? HOLLY

Well at least you’ll never lose any money on it. The price will keep stable and as they get more collectible will risec

Well i only paid £ 250 for . so i don't think i can lose ??? HOLLY

My stock is ready but the courier has let me down. Supposed to be picked up today and delivered tomorrow but he didn’t show. So I’ve cancelled it and depending how things go with Mr Hatfield he said he will go and get it for me because he maybe up that way on Wednesday. Failing that I’m gonna chuck the Mrs in the car and we’re going on Saturday and make a day of it. As long as I’ve got it for Sunday (weather permitting) for ETL. 

Well good luck with that Stan . did you ask dave if he would part with one of his platinums  ??? HOLLY

Didn’t know he had platinums 

I seem to remember Dave having two spares Stan 

Got the stock. It’s on the gun but scope needs moving forward in the mounts and I can’t be bothered tonight,I ain’t long been back. Shattered. Drove on up to Clithero to see some friends 500 miles later and I’m home. May take it to ETL tomorrow to see how it is 

It always makes me laugh when people say . yeah dead easy driving a lorry . just sit there , easy .yeah right . . difference is you can do it for one day . but the old lorry driver has to do it day after day after day .. not in a car . but a 40 ton lorry ..??? HOLLY

I couldn’t do it to be honest. It takes it out of you 

18 minutes ago, springboy said:

I couldn’t do it to be honest. It takes it out of you 

That's why lorry drivers have to take a break after 4 1/2 hours driving & can only drive for a max of 10 hours a day - work it out, even if on the limiter all day (not possible), still only equates to 560 miles - realistically, you're talking 500 max (if you're lucky & no traffic hold-ups), and that's over 11 1/2 hours.

That is now , a few years back . when it was 60 mph and you could not get nicked from your tacho at a later date . i was doing around 600 K some day's  . delivering all the way . that old D series ford with the big engine and the coach axel would do just under 80 mph . out of east london at three AM .BAT in liverpool for seven . over to manchester . up to great harwood . down to luton for a full load back to the yard . and you had to be back before five PM to makes sure you got a load for the next day . breaks , what breaks .you booked  your breaks were you deliver personally . i loved it . ??? HOLLY. 

well stan how does the rifle look in the stock and of course shoot ??? HOLLY

Looks very nice.It shoots lovely only problem is I need reach forward mounts to a good eye line with the ret. I’ve put it as far forward as it can go but my head is still quite far back on the comb,could do with a little higher as well. That’s the thing with custom stocks it gets a bit critical with head alignment unlike a sporter stock. https://photos.app.goo.gl/oQYmbylwrIlTYZXs1https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wji3lrNURlk5rA212

you need a rail under the mounts to get it up stan . way to low for an adjustable cheek piece . looks the part . so when is it gonna see some comp action ??? HJOLLY 

PS is that a dreaded zos i see on there .

10 hours ago, springboy said:

Looks very nice.It shoots lovely only problem is I need reach forward mounts to a good eye line with the ret. I’ve put it as far forward as it can go but my head is still quite far back on the comb,could do with a little higher as well. That’s the thing with custom stocks it gets a bit critical with head alignment unlike a sporter stock. https://photos.app.goo.gl/oQYmbylwrIlTYZXs1https://photos.app.goo.gl/Wji3lrNURlk5rA212

Got a one piece 30 mm reach forward if you want it, I'll be at Iceni round. 

I won’t be able to make Iceni it’s the only one I won’t be able to attend,I’m away that weekend. Is it ok for 60mm objective lens scope?

13 hours ago, springboy said:

I won’t be able to make Iceni it’s the only one I won’t be able to attend,I’m away that weekend. Is it ok for 60mm objective lens scope?

I'll have to check, know that it was ok for 50mm, as that's what I got it with. If it is, I'll send it down with someone. 

Edited by SuffolkRifle

Ok cheers 

Just checked & measured, it's 20mm from bottom of ring to top of mount 'tunnel', so technically should be ok for 60mm objective (add 15mm for diameter of tube = 35mm to centre line)

Downsides are

a) the gap between the rings is only 39mm, so not sure if your turret housing will fit? 

b) it's a 2 screw fitting (has got arrestor screw)

I don't know the make, as I got it attached to a scope at some point - not even sure of what scope it was either. 

I think 39mm May get in the way of the side wheel. Thanks for checking anyway. 

4 hours ago, springboy said:

I think 39mm May get in the way of the side wheel. Thanks for checking anyway. 

Think that may be the reason it's sat in the odds and sods box, it doesn't fit my scopes. 

On 13/02/2018 at 11:07 PM, holly said:

you need a rail under the mounts to get it up stan . way to low for an adjustable cheek piece . looks the part . so when is it gonna see some comp action ??? HJOLLY 

PS is that a dreaded zos i see on there .

Yes it’s the ZOS lol. You’re right it does need to come up a bit. As for bringing it forward I don’t think it needs it now,I saw a pic of me shooting it and although it feels like my head is too far back it’s actually ok where it is. Set it up properly today and it’s shooting spot on again. It was doing 9ft1b at ETL so 4mm preload and it’s right where I want it 10.6ft1b with express. Should have a bit more luck when I take it out next time. Although not a good score last week I didn’t came last lol 

Well gave mark a blank of English walnut, he's going to do a stock for my 77.

Looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

Matt