Sign in to follow this  
holly

Fit to shoot .

Well since the weather has got warmer / sunnier over here . i have been out on my bike a fair bit , getting in the miles . heart and lung . at first i did not think i had either . every time i saw a slope , never mind a hill . deep depression set in . oh my gawd , i am never gonna get up that . BUT now , now . well i still can't get up em , but i don't worry about it . get some in lads , it is later than you think ??? HOLLY

holly i herd you had a electric bike:(

Yep i went past Keith like a dose of salts Terry ??? HOLLY

Sounds like a challenge of one lap round the rock . Any is the new pup here yet. 

Errr a Lap . the only thing i lap is my tea Keith . i will give you a race to the cafe along the promenard ??? HOLLY 

PS where w can sit and watch the young lady's in there bikinis . oh yes .

PSS Pup may be another two weeks and maybe longer . dunno .

Edited by holly

Ok Bike is here . and by god it weighs a ton . if the battery ever gives out . i will be in trouble . yehaw ??? HOLLY

7 hours ago, holly said:

Ok Bike is here . and by god it weighs a ton . if the battery ever gives out . i will be in trouble . yehaw ??? HOLLY

Lol, this is going to be another short enterprise when the battery dies after the first Rock Hill, then you'll be dreaming of one of Keith's carbon jobbies you can lift with a little finger....:rolleyes:

Im still struggling with how a bike that propells itself is gonna help😀

18 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Im still struggling with how a bike that propells itself is gonna help😀

That part of it is cunningly designed to get the old boy away from home and lull him onto a false sense of security.

The true genius is the battery dying a death at the furthest point so stranding our hero with a strenuous push the dead-weight electric bike home exercise....:rofl2:

Guaranteed that a cheap electric bike will be on FleaBay next week... :grin:

3 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

That part of it is cunningly designed to get the old boy away from home and lull him onto a false sense of security.

The true genius is the battery dying a death at the furthest point so stranding our hero with a strenuous push the dead-weight electric bike home exercise....:rofl2:

Guaranteed that a cheap electric bike will be on FleaBay next week... :grin:

Or by having a gear that makes the pedals on a Raleigh Runabout look 'high geared':awink::abiggrin:

the bike was the price of a Club shutz 9015 , not cheap  . it does not ride it's self . it is pedal assist . it puts in roughly what you put in . to maintain 15 mph over tracks , takes effort . and twelve miles of flat out riding will not come easily . You boys need to shape up or ship out ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

the bike was the price of a Club shutz 9015 , not cheap  . it does not ride it's self . it is pedal assist . it puts in roughly what you put in . to maintain 15 mph over tracks , takes effort . and twelve miles of flat out riding will not come easily . You boys need to shape up or ship out ??? HOLLY

Ok, now you’ve had all the chit-chat have you actually benn out on it yet?

I think you need to download Keith’s app. to prove you’ve actually made it past the chippy, pie shoppe and pub...🤣

Gotta await the Missus ??? HOLLY

PS No jolly's aloud .

52 minutes ago, holly said:

Gotta await the Missus ??? HOLLY

PS No jolly's aloud .

So when will she be delivered back?

Amazing, so impressed are the Company Holly bought his electric bike off that they have an advert out already....Bravo Holly, Bravo!

holly_electric bike.jpg

May a million klingons land on your roof ??? HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

May a million klingons land on your roof ??? HOLLY

That is some sponsorship deal there Holly.

I heard your custom gun rack will be ready soon...:grin:

You heard right , to hold just three rifles ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

You heard right , to hold just three rifles ??? HOLLY

I like your thinking, so one each for sitting, standing and kneeling. Radical....:grin:

You know if a standing only gun i needed . it would be BSA Meteor in 22 . . i had one years ago . it was deadly ??? HOLLY

19 hours ago, holly said:

You know if a standing only gun i needed . it would be BSA Meteor in 22 . . i had one years ago . it was deadly ??? HOLLY

Ah you see different generations, I briefly had a BSA Mercury, that was a great little rifle until it got nicked.

OK fitness . wife home so a quick trip up the road on the new bike . OH YES . it had me laughing as i rode . the three modes work a treat . Eco down hill , Standard on the flat and turbo up hill . love it ??? HOLLY

had a good run down the coast tonight ( that damn saddle has to go ) i put the hammer down with the wind behind me and was doing 25 K. the bike is so quiet that people out walking cannot hear you coming . ( gotta little bell , ding ding ) coming back into that wind was hard but good  doing 15 K. the dirty great hill up from the beach was done with no trouble . looking forward to some longer runs ( with another saddle ) ??? HOLLy

PS got some clip less pedals coming .

9 hours ago, holly said:

had a good run down the coast tonight ( that damn saddle has to go ) i put the hammer down with the wind behind me and was doing 25 K. the bike is so quiet that people out walking cannot hear you coming . ( gotta little bell , ding ding ) coming back into that wind was hard but good  doing 15 K. the dirty great hill up from the beach was done with no trouble . looking forward to some longer runs ( with another saddle ) ??? HOLLy

PS got some clip less pedals coming .

Did you actually sweat?  😉

No to chilly . but the heart lungs were going well . and the what was once muscles in my stomach started to pull in . need more miles . a lot more miles . looking forward to it once it stops raining ??? HOLLY

On 25 July 2018 at 1:26 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

Amazing, so impressed are the Company Holly bought his electric bike off that they have an advert out already....Bravo Holly, Bravo!

holly_electric bike.jpgdont look like holly with out his teeth

Terry has got the hump cos my bike is faster than his ??? HOLLY

I hear from my sources that you have fitted and are suffering a new leather saddle mon Ami.

It will be a painful battle to break that in but if you remove the saddle, get a bottle of neatsfoot  oil, warm it up for a few seconds in the microwave then pour directly onto the underside of the saddle and work in with your fingers. Leave overnight, then refit and ride. Repeat this nightly for a week and by the end of it you will have a supremely comfortable, waterproof saddle.

I did this to my brooks when I first got my Holdsworth  nearly 40 years ago and it is still going strong just like it's owner.

Btw I've finally managed to get some classic tyres and inner tubes to fit my bike so once I get chance to fit I shall be hitting the road....well not literally but seeing if the old legs have still got it...:grin:

Ahh the mad scotsman hey . believe me col , the legs won't have it . gently does it . i have the front at shanklin to sandown to ride up and down  . so pretty safe , apart from the dogs running about and of course looking at the young ladies running around in next to nothing on the beach . i have a gel saddle in the cupboard . so that will be tried to get some calouses on the bum . ??? HOLLY 

PS don't do what i did bt habit . i got up and showered BEFORE i went for a ride . two showerts in a day . unheard of .8 miles today . and two big hills .