Sign in to follow this  
holly

Fit to shoot .

Well i was hoping to lose weight but what i forgot is you need fuel to ride . so i eat more . but at least it is good food . not -rubbish- ??? HOLLY

PS do love ham on the bone sandwhiches . 

23 hours ago, holly said:

Well i was hoping to lose weight but what i forgot is you need fuel to ride . so i eat more . but at least it is good food . not -rubbish- ??? HOLLY

PS do love ham on the bone sandwhiches . 

If you want to lose weight then you need to burn more than you eat. Eating more because you are burning more is futile, you need to beat the pangs and starve the gut otherwise you will get nowhere apart from having a bigger electric and food bill...:grin:

Quite so , pass the burgers ??? HOLLY

By goodness the miles are fairly rattling past now . keep up or be last ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

By goodness the miles are fairly rattling past now . keep up or be last ??? HOLLY

Oh the irony on an electric bike...🤣

we are the future . you are the past ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

we are the future . you are the past ??? HOLLY

Just so much deadweight...🤣

E bikes are out selling normal bike now . soon a E bike will be the norm and your old clunker will be down the tip ??? HOLLY

PS talking of which . when is the first ride coming up of your old holdsworth  ? make sure you have plenty of linement for when you get back to rub into those ancient legs .

10 hours ago, holly said:

E bikes are out selling normal bike now . soon a E bike will be the norm and your old clunker will be down the tip ??? HOLLY

PS talking of which . when is the first ride coming up of your old holdsworth  ? make sure you have plenty of linement for when you get back to rub into those ancient legs .

Going for a shoot tomorrow then I’ll go out for a ride when I get back...🤣

Get some padded shorts and you will be able to see how far the battery's will take you. 

gotta wait till i have some dosh keith . this scooter has skint me . you might have to lend colin your tubo trainer . mind you we have not heard from him yet after his ride . probably still recovering . HOLLY

Well the miles are starting ramp up now . gotta say starting to feel a bit fitter . not ready for iron man yet . but hope to finish the whole of the sunshine trail  shortly ??? HOLLY 

PS damn me this bike goes down hills like a -covered in gore- rocket . 

Try your bike on a turbo trainer and you could still be on here at the same time. 

Get yourself an activity tracker paired to app on phone(samsung health in my case). Its worked for me . Lets u see what youve eaten, burnt off and sets realistic target for weight loss etc.

Got one for sale😁😁😁

Should we start a new section for biking?

Holly just use Strava on mobile to record your rides. 

Posted (edited)

Not me that sort of thing . i have a cheap go pro and  my phone camera to record what i do . no memory card yet for the go pro . but will get there . fitness leads to competition success .??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Strava records where you have been and how fast and how long you are out. So to the cafe and back. 

Got a -covered in gore- back wheel buckle tonight . too fat , too many jumps ??? HOLLY

Used my old bike tonight . knocked three mins of my time . by god there is life in the old boy yet b??? HOLLY

On 8/16/2018 at 7:19 PM, holly said:

Got a -covered in gore- back wheel buckle tonight . too fat , too many jumps ??? HOLLY

Just out of interest how much does the bike weigh without you on it?

Around 50 pounds and climbs like a rocket ??? HOLLY

PS tried some nagery bits tonight . and fell off in the nettles . damn those nettles sting .

well the times are coming down now . one hour for the twelve miles . good head wind too . hard going ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

well the times are coming down now . one hour for the twelve miles . good head wind too . hard going ??? HOLLY

Is the traffic really that bad on the rock?

On my Bike Darron . on my Bike . 12 mph average is not bad ??? HOLLY

20 hours ago, holly said:

Was that nautical miles considering your locale?  :grin:

I'll bet there has been no more miles gone under the old holdsworth wheels ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

I'll bet there has been no more miles gone under the old holdsworth wheels ??? HOLLY

Managed to grab a few miles over the weekend but nothing serious.

Had a car pull out of a side turning like I wasn’t there and another who didn’t move over an inch, it’s not surprising the cyclist casualties are as bad as they are.

I have finally a new a Garmin Edge Explore which is a very good bit of kit and even connects to my mobile. 64 miles yesterday which seem to be about my limit theses day as I do not get to ride as much but luckily not have get fit to shoot due to not shooting . Getting a bit ######ed off at times with mainly electric de limited Mtb’s when you get passed like you a not even moving. 

Very easy to do Keith . just a small kit of wires to change over . probably half an hours work . but personally unless bike is just for work . i cannot see the point of it  . 15 mph is enough to get me about . i sweat as much as most . if not more . . nice on the old railway trails over here . lots of holiday makers on hired bikes . most looking well knackered . ??? HOLLY