Sign in to follow this  
holly

Fit to shoot .

19 hours ago, RN10 said:

I have finally a new a Garmin Edge Explore which is a very good bit of kit and even connects to my mobile. 64 miles yesterday which seem to be about my limit theses day as I do not get to ride as much but luckily not have get fit to shoot due to not shooting . Getting a bit ######ed off at times with mainly electric de limited Mtb’s when you get passed like you a not even moving. 

Didn't have Richard Douglas sitting on it by any chance....:grin:

I haven't seen any E-Bikes round this way unless they're being sneaky and hiding everything in the frame as checked at the Tour De France. Wouldn't take much to build up a decent assist for that last 100 yard sprint at the finish....:rolleyes:

getting hard to tell now Col . with the latest stuff concealed in the frame . cyclists like keith call it cheating . how can it be cheating to get out in the fresh air and enjoy the country side . tell me ??? HOLLY

I am all 4 ebikes if it gets people out in the fresh air and being active. The latest Giant roads bikes are good for about 4 hours riding. Not a fan of the moded ones doing silly speeds. 

sports riders move along faster than my 15 mph . i get over taken quite often . not so much up hill .  i keep the bike in a lower gear so as i am spinning the pedals .i do around twelve miles . some tracks . some quite roads . excellent . if your a bit past it , or like colin a long way past it . give it a try . you can borrow one from halfords ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

sports riders move along faster than my 15 mph . i get over taken quite often . not so much up hill .  i keep the bike in a lower gear so as i am spinning the pedals .i do around twelve miles . some tracks . some quite roads . excellent . if your a bit past it , or like colin a long way past it . give it a try . you can borrow one from halfords ??? HOLLY

I'll stick to my old clunker thanks, might take a while to get a head of steam up but once it's moving, it's groovin'....:grin:

Yeah Col but in your case , does it EVER get moving ??? HOLLY

By god that was hard work tonight in that heat ??? HOLLY

On 8/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, holly said:

Yeah Col but in your case , does it EVER get moving ??? HOLLY

Been out a couple of times this week, nothing serious just a couple of miles but it does feel good to be back on the old girl...👍

You need to push on a bit for it to work col ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

You need to push on a bit for it to work col ??? HOLLY

I know, I used to do a lot of cycling remember...:grin:

The operative word is USED to Col . so did i . raced ,  toured youth hostels , camped . BUT that was a long time ago . now is now . not then need to get some in . ??? HOLLY

PS never mind i could use a second bike . i will give you a tenner for it . no don't thank me .

Got to build up to it mate, no point jumping in with a 100 mile growler as I’ll be in my box quicker than you...👍

You probably will be riding around your area ??? HOLLY

Must be losing weight cos the farmer noticed , asked if i was ill . ??? HOLLY

quick dozen hilly miles before dinner . this fitness lark don't arf make you hungry ??? HOLLY

On 9/3/2018 at 10:23 AM, holly said:

You probably will be riding around your area ??? HOLLY

I'm not paranoid but I swear the gits are out to get me....🤣

not wrong ??? HOLLY

PS as the man said . ride like evey one else is a fecking idiot ??? HOLLY 

20 miles to day . got a sore ass now from that new brooks saddle . ??? HOLLY

8 hours ago, holly said:

20 miles to day . got a sore ass now from that new brooks saddle . ??? HOLLY

Like I said, get some neatsfoot oil from a horse shop turn the saddle upside down and liberally dose the rough underside rubbing it in with your fingers. Leave to soak in then apply more. Inbetween doses stick it back on the bike and get your big ass bouncing on it.

it will be a monumental battle but eventually your butt will win...👍

Don't have to nowadays col . you just fit a comfort gel attachment . even then your ass has to harden ??? HOLLY

PS is your bike back in the shed yet .? it will be once you have done a couple of rides .

Good news today . went into ryde for some tea and cake . plus the odd shop . walking up the hill from the front i noticed i was not out of breath . then into a charity shop . very nice winter north face fleece , £5 . sod it , it is a 42 chest . i take a 46 . vanity say's try it on . it fits with room to spare . getting there ??? HOLLY

Nice

Well done.

It is hard work .most days 10 / 12 miles , flat out  , with hills . couple of times a week 20 miles . looking for either a road bike or a gravel bike for after christmas . come spring . i ought to be fit enough to do some road riding . a boardman MX sport  would be good ??? HOLLY 

PS couple of full; carbon bikes for sale . but they might be a waste of time for me . 

This fitness lark is good BUT can have a down side . i was riding this afternoon up the downs ? . half way up i meets a -covered in gore- great scottish cow coming down , on this bridal way . horses i expect . larger brown things with big horns , no . my bum went and came back down that hill quicker the lewis hamilton on speed . oh yeah mother ??? HOLLY

How do u know it was scottish?? Did it have an accent??

Cos it was a great big hairy thing with big horns . that was enough for me ??? HOLLY

used my normal mountain bike today . darn hard work . but coming down was superb . lighter lower , faster . gerrrdoutthewaymrcow ??? HOLLY

On 9/8/2018 at 10:05 PM, holly said:

It is hard work .most days 10 / 12 miles , flat out  , with hills . couple of times a week 20 miles . looking for either a road bike or a gravel bike for after christmas . come spring . i ought to be fit enough to do some road riding . a boardman MX sport  would be good ??? HOLLY 

PS couple of full; carbon bikes for sale . but they might be a waste of time for me . 

Bought William a bike for his birthday and as Halfords we’re having a bit of a sale ended up getting all the kids new bikes. Took all my willpower not to buy a very nice Boardman SLS which had £400 knocked off it....😳

12 hours ago, holly said:

used my normal mountain bike today . darn hard work . but coming down was superb . lighter lower , faster . gerrrdoutthewaymrcow ??? HOLLY

That’s my experience with my tourer, no weighty batteries or motor...just pure efficiency...😉