Sign in to follow this  
holly

Carisbrooke Today .

Well bazza and myself done some collar today on the new course . some interesting lanes out . virgin territory . quite a few mods needed probably . but good fun . knackered now ??? HOLLY

I hope I still enjoy the joys of FT if I get to your age Holls I now I take the P but big respect to you fella xx

Yep enjoyed it too, especially when I fell out of the tree and then, to cap it off, the blessed ladder collapsed while I was up it. 

Sure it weren’t Holly trying to bump you off so he can have your 9015?

Shhhh   Shhhhhhh don't tell him stan . i was getting my speech ready for the grieving widow too . " ohh did bazza mention i could have his shutz for a fiver "  yeah that one ??? HOLLY:thumb:

Talking of Bazza . he brought his LGU over today . the blooming thing weigh's a ton with a big nikko on it . blow that for a game . and bazzas fingers froze . so that was that . i bet it ends up in the cupboard ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Actually took the lgu to Meon Valley AGC today, to set it up. Blessed multi-adjustable mounts are a nightmare on a springer.

Errrr so why use one Bazza . all you need are height adjustable mounts ??? HOLLY

PS i will give you a tenner for em? and a packet of crisps 

19 hours ago, holly said:

Talking of Bazza . he brought his LGU over today . the blooming thing weigh's a ton with a big nikko on it . blow that for a game . and bazzas fingers froze . so that was that . i bet it ends up in the cupboard ??? HOLLY

You can’t shoot them in the cold 

I tried last week and couldn’t feel the pellets to put them in 

You SEFTA boys have gone soft . why i remember it being so cold at christmas at springfield my fingers got stuck to the shutz metalwork . Bah Humbug ??? HOLLY

More work done today seeing no rifle to shoot as being serviced.

Weather was rather mixed, sunshine, light rain and a 5 minute hail storm. But we got 8 more targets out, with another 3 or 4 that need a bit of clearing. 

A bit of bird watching done whilst drink tea with a robin, coal -breast-, finch and a male pheasant. Blizzard also out and about.

Plenty of tea drunk but no cake. Hoping rifle might be back for next weekend.

As andy said good day , bitterly cold , with a wind that cut through you . shooting was not good . nothing was good past 30 yards . so we went to work on the course .. more to do but it is getting there ??? HOLLY

Yes also found out the range finder Holly uses measures a bit short by a few yards. A branch supposedly 58yds was actually about 56. 

A few larger trunks that have fallen down need clearing which opens up some possibilities of cracking longer lanes. If it's as cold as yesterday going to get a fire going.

really hard going at Carisbrooke to put a course out . what with the trees , the brambles , the swamps and as andy found out . things falling on your head . it can be hard work . ??? HOLLY