Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Wife's Steyr

Yep wifes steyr out tomorrow as the shutz is leaking again . good job we are getting the New Steyr shortly ( i hope ) oh well onward and upward ??? HOLLY

That's a good gun, I borrowed it last year to compete in the World Champs., too good for Holly.

Probably true which is why it belongs to the wife . bom bom . anyway with other things on my mind . i forgot to clean the barrel on the steyr and i forgot to change the trigger for the new one and forgot to adjust the trigger down lighter from the rather heavy one it was for bazza .  who has hands that could strangle a gorrila .  i cannot sit properly with a normal rifle ( legs to short ) so i need a very light trigger to get the shot off . anyway out onto the course and it has the makings of a classic , i think . needs some more prunning though . shot like a lemon but enjoyed it . with a bit of wind on it , it will be a bitch in some places . in others just a matter of holding it together . yep roll on sunday for another crack at it ??? HOLLY

PS on the zero range i was once again shown why i am looking for another barrel for my steyr . at 52 yards with a decent wind coming in from the right . you could see the pellet go from a smooth inward path to a sudden jink . that my shutz would never have done .

OK barrel arrived off the HW 100 from mick tromans . good job done and straight on the wife's steyr . cos it is a carbine barrel there is a fair differnce in weight . so that should please the missus . now the question is . is it any good . tomorrow will tell . i hope 
??? HOLLY

PS windy tomorrow . so i can see the effect on the pellets at plus 45 yards . accuracy will not be tested in a 20 mph wind .

Edited by holly