Matt

Standing Training

1 hour ago, holly said:

Colin , you can polish a turd . but it is still just a turd ??? HOLLY

I had a shoot of that rifle at the Tondu Regionals and it was fine apart from being overly light in that stupid black air stock.

first impression col are not always the right ones ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

first impression col are not always the right ones ??? HOLLY

I know a stinker and that rifle was fine.

Choppers just likes kit that he knows well, plus I think he gets a kick out of rolling up with a basic scope/rifle and duffel coat and beating 90% of the shooters...:rolleyes:

On 5/21/2018 at 1:10 PM, Eaton Rifles said:

I know a stinker and that rifle was fine.

Choppers just likes kit that he knows well, plus I think he gets a kick out of rolling up with a basic scope/rifle and duffel coat and beating 90% of the shooters...:rolleyes:

If you took a black and white pic of John shooting you could pass it off as an old photo with his set up but like you say,it works for him

I think he’s finally ditched the front PA Burris and Leupold Comp. and has a Sightron so he’s made some concessions...👍

Last i heard Col , he had a nikko ??? HOLLY

On 6/8/2018 at 8:34 PM, holly said:

Last i heard Col , he had a nikko ??? HOLLY

He's a boy, keeps changing his gear...😉

Errr maybe he is trying to catch you Col ? errrr or maybe not ??? HOLLY

PS Bazza is falling in love with his Steyr ? told you so . 

7 hours ago, holly said:

Errr maybe he is trying to catch you Col ? errrr or maybe not ??? HOLLY

PS Bazza is falling in love with his Steyr ? told you so . 

Bazza can shoot anything well, in the end it’s just down to ergonomics of weight and bulk.

I hope he does well with it and it doesn’t let him down.

Usually it’s the barrels on a Steyr that are make or break, get a good barrel and it’s a love fairytale, get a pig and it’s a trail to disaster and heartache.

He has just bought a hunter stock off flea bay . the accuracy is easily as good as his Daystate ??? HOLLY

I’ve been working hard this week to understand why I struggled so much with the standers at Nelson and the answer was simple. All my training has been at standers which are on a level plain to me. I’ve made a change to my style which now means my supporting hand is much closer to the trigger (the balance point) and this has been working well in training. The standers at Nelson were downhill and this forced me to place my support hand further down the stock which increases the side to side movement. To get around this I’ve found that throwing the rowan / hamster down and forward allowing me to maintain my hand position helps. It’s not ideal but it helps.

When i was shooting decently , i used to go on the course . do ten sitting lanes , then the same ten lanes kneeling and again standing  . hard , but as they say , train hard , compete easy . ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, Darron said:

I’ve been working hard this week to understand why I struggled so much with the standers at Nelson and the answer was simple. All my training has been at standers which are on a level plain to me. I’ve made a change to my style which now means my supporting hand is much closer to the trigger (the balance point) and this has been working well in training. The standers at Nelson were downhill and this forced me to place my support hand further down the stock which increases the side to side movement. To get around this I’ve found that throwing the rowan / hamster down and forward allowing me to maintain my hand position helps. It’s not ideal but it helps.

Yea I noticed that on a photo somewhere, Alexis the Greek FT shooter does exactly the same thing and it works well for him. I guess having the hamster hanging down like that turns it into a quasi-stabiliser...:rolleyes:

One thing I've been doing which has helped my standers recently is to simply let the rifle 'do it's thang'.

So traditionally I'd be trying to force the rifle vertical which then causes stresses, so now I just let it cant and settle so that everything is nicely relaxed and I find it a lot more stable.

No misses for you at Bisley then Colin ??? HOLLY

17 hours ago, holly said:

No misses for you at Bisley then Colin ??? HOLLY

Of course, you know the drill....:grin:

Sounds like a plan Col ??? HOLLY

22 minutes ago, holly said:

Sounds like a plan Col ??? HOLLY

Hopefully one I can scupper at first contact with the enemy....:rolleyes:

Confidence is all ??? HOLLY

16 hours ago, holly said:

Confidence is all ??? HOLLY

Confidence is nothing without kit, unless you're in the army where they expect you to perform miracles with sod all...:rolleyes:

Well i think your standers are Amazing Colin ? i am Amazed you actually hit anything ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

Well i think your standers are Amazing Colin ? i am Amazed you actually hit anything ??? HOLLY

You and me both, though I have deduced that the harder you try the easier you miss....:grin:

I have found if you have a wishy washy approach to standers , noway . you must treat em like they have just put a scratch on your gary cane . urrggh ??? HOLLY

On 6/23/2018 at 9:36 AM, holly said:

I have found if you have a wishy washy approach to standers , noway . you must treat em like they have just put a scratch on your gary cane . urrggh ??? HOLLY

By the same token I have found that if you grit what's left of your teeth and give them the full NeilMac death stare you still miss them. Personally I'm in the Simon Ayres relaxed and chilled camp these days, just get the balance right, let the rifle cant, caress that trigger and hope for the best....:rolleyes: 

Well i bet i get more standers than you sunday Colin ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, holly said:

Well i bet i get more standers than you sunday Colin ??? HOLLY

You should do considering that your standers are masquerading as sitters...🤣

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how unkind and after all the shoots i have let you win . ??? HOLLY 

PS No more Mr Nice guy Now . Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . stand clear and give me some shooting room .

On 6/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, holly said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh how unkind and after all the shoots i have let you win . ??? HOLLY 

PS No more Mr Nice guy Now . Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . stand clear and give me some shooting room .

Well, even with your sitting standers & kneelers you still only equalled my score and Nat left you for dead, so back to the drawing board for East Devon then...:D 

Ahh but you are all up to speed . i am just getting started . when i get going . you can kiss your ass goodbye .??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

Ahh but you are all up to speed . i am just getting started . when i get going . you can kiss your ass goodbye .??? HOLLY

You’ve had that stock for months, you have 7 days a week all day everyday to sort it while we’re paying your pension and you’re just getting started?

🤣

I never rush into things Col as you know . perfection takes time ??? HOLLY