Matt

Anschutz 9015 stock options

Potentially looking at offering the 12ftlb 9015 rifle in different stock options, so what would you like to see?

Matt

It is currently available without a stock.

Precise stock was a superb stock but am not sure they'll go back to it.

Matt

The precise was nice but the "furniture" I saw/felt was awful.

I like the BASIC stock, tried to buy the 12ftlb action in the BASIC stock about 6 months ago and was told by Anschutz that's not possible :angry:

Glad I didn't from what I have since heard :qq:

Quite a few shooters now have the 9015 . those that have em from Jon H tell me that no great velocity change in cold weather . so this season should be interesting to see how they  do in the cauldron of competition ??? HOLLY

There's something we are working on with Jon at the moment, hopefully details announced soon.

Matt

Funny that, he is busy building my 9015 stock as we speak....well he has probably stopped for his tea right now :)

Personally i think it is gonna be the year  of the Steyr  with a selected barrel ? or maybe not ??? HOLLY:angry::soj:

Having had more barrels than i can count over the years . i have come to the conclusion that the only way to tell if a barrel is good , not good , excellent , superb . is to try it . biggest dissapointment for me was the polygon barrels . in theory they should have been the ones to have . in practice the three i had . were super pellet fussy . in truth they were so fussy i never found a pellet they liked .to me the only two things that let the Steyr down are the three piece so called FT stock and the stainless barrels . get shot of the FT stock . fit the hunter butt ( put a shutz butt hook on it )  and hampster fit in my case the HW100 barrel and you have a rifle to be feared . ??? HOLLY 

PS what is it you desire to find in a barrel Mr Moore . what are you looking for ?

PSS i do like the look of the 8 inch barrel fitted . must have a fearsome crack .

PSSS  the barrel i am trying is i am told a LW . i don't recognise the rifle it is off  . it is gunmetal grey with at the crown end what i would call a division . a circular groove about a inch back from the muzzle . looks very well made and finished . quality . 

Edited by holly

Firstly Holly my name is actually Lol, it confuses people and I get called Mr Moore a lot on forums (amongst other things)...I am not up it enough to consider it respect :)

What do I want in a barrel....low diameter and lightweight, precise accuracy that never changes, takes little or no wind with the deflection being easily readable, will shoot any and all pellets the same and never needs cleaning...what are my chances do you think ?

On the 8" barrel its an air hog and sounds like a rimfire but its surprisingly accurate...I am sure someone will be along shortly to tell me its illegal :shakehead:

I have just shrouded it and its not so nasty now.

LG Shroud

OK LOL , i thought it might be laugh out loud ? . right then i take it the short barrel is smaller in diameter to get a shroud past the forward barrel support and into the breech area ? . i because i shoot pups , i like a longer heavier barrel . weight on a pup is mostly back . so the extra weight from a long 16 mil barrel helps towards neutral . plus of course better velocity with less air used . since i started on the old GC2 . with the longer barrels . that is what i like . coming from full bore i also like a good crack when fired . the HW100 carbine barrel fits some of your needs lol . it so far after three tins of pellets , has not been cleaned . only seems to take a couple of shots to come on zero . takes a good wind ( but not fight it ) . lightish for a 16 mil barrel . i would not call it pellet fussy , in somuch as it shoots all the air arms pellets . 4.51 , 4.52 . not got any , 4.53s . and best of all it seems to like snipers . i do like these pellets . i need to be able to turn em up to 780 fps and try em dry , lubed and sized . but at the mo with only one steyr . i cannot test the new and the old barrel . ??? HOLLY

The barrel is full size 16mm, the shroud is 20mm OD, 18mm ID the front support of the stock has to be machined.

I too like (liked....) pups and indeed semi pups, shot the last couple of years HFT with the Steyr semi pup, my conclusion is no difference prone, good for kneelers, useless for standers, probably needed some more weight?

Steyr pup

Steyr semi pup

I have settled on full size Steyr for now and enjoying shooting it

Current tool

Maybe a new thread....this one is about stocks for the 9015...

Edited by lol moore

Tradition on this forum . it does tend to meander a bit . . probably not a great idea for a pup for HFT . maybe for a junior . one of the reasons i sold my first steyr was the type of FT stock ( if you can call it a stock  ) it just never seemed to fit . i shoot a pup cos i have to . short legs long body . so i need the height and hopefully it does not look silly . the hard bit on pups is getting the balance right . the forend on my steyr is filed out . so when i get it back i will see what will fit in the way of a shroud . thanks for the measurements .  ??? HOLLY 

20mm OD is the max (maybe 21mm but no tube easy to find) for a shroud any more and the machining required at the forend would break through into the void housing the air tube.  Could maybe do 22mm fitted eccentric to barrel?

LG100 easier than LG110 due to O ring in later.

I did consider and still may do a 20mm square shroud to give more volume..cool :qq:

Square tube

It is a LG100 i have . the wifes is a 110 . mine has a LG110  barrel on it . so i take it the barley twist was sold . but as we well know there are no miracles in a barley twist , the two that i have had , i would describe as average . like most steyr barrels . very good to 40 or 45 yards . then the windage gets uncertain .  i was a member of springfield arc . biggish club on the outskirts of london . plenty of members and quite a lot had steyrs . most of which would say there rifles was superb in the wind . i used to say . ok show me . down to the zero range . 50 yard target , off the bench so as to make it fair . not one of em showed me a really good group in the wind . for me the steyr is a good rifle cos i can mess with it and make it how i want it . the stock i hope will be sorted soon . i need a quick fill cylinder . a superb barrel and a guitar case ( blooming dear ) gun bag . and then i shall be happy ( maybe ) ??? HOLLY

PS Octagonal Cylinder . now that would be cool . square , nope i am no square daddy oh .

Edited by holly

I think your right Holly, My LG100 with Barley Twist Barrel was terrible in the wind. I state as a fact that the wind ratio between my FTP and my LG 100 was 3:1 at 55 yards, so if i gave 1 kill with the FTP i would need to give 3 kills with the Steyr! to make my matters worse the 9015 takes only 1/3 the wind of the FTP and is consistent (no shots being blown up or down. Hope that makes sense

The HW 100 barrel i have to put on my/the wifes steyr . . takes less wind than the normal barrel and the best bit is that unless there is a battering wind . the group stays level . EG just moving with any extra or less wind in a straight line out from the point of aim . so once learned ( i hope ) that will lead to better scores . well that is the theory . but on the very odd occasion i have been known to be wrong ??? HOLLY

Sounds like that will work well Holls 

On 28/02/2018 at 8:57 AM, sportsmatch said:

The older 9003 precise stock in black 

If anyone is wanting one of these stocks I have a limited number available to buy.

No idea on cost yet, won't be cheap, but will be last available.

Matt

3 hours ago, Darron said:

Sounds like that will work well Holls 

The question being Darron . what is the aim this year for you ? i take it world domination is out . so . a GP win ? . the euros a place in the top ten ?  showdown ? what say you ??? HOLLY

I’m keeping it simple this year Holls and just targeting AA. I will take anything else that comes along with it.

Correct darron . you need a clear mind and a fit body . no extra pressure from the out side . given max to your training . you are as ready as you can be . as they say dawn sarth

Let Her Rippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY

Oh a further update the factory 12ftlb 9015 can be ordered in action only or any of the existing 10m stock options p.o.a.

Matt

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh a further update the factory 12ftlb 9015 can be ordered in action only or any of the existing 10m stock options p.o.a.

Matt

Matt

So have they made physical changes to make this happen or has it, as I suspect, that the action has always been a direct fit into the various stocks?

The reason I ask is I tried hard to get the 12ftlb in the BASIC stock and was repeatedly told it was not possible, felt like I was being fobbed off...they just couldn't be bothered.

It's taken a lot of talking with Anschutz and I also discussed it with them at the British shooting show and subsequent emails after the show.  They have now agreed to do it.

I have no idea on pricing as of yet, as the person responsible for them is off to the IWA show, hopefully when he returns the pricing will be set and UK dealers will be made aware of the options available to them.

Matt

Ok, went to the club today with a new mod (regulator been done by Shaun of ISP) hopefully Sean will offer this mod for customers of Jon Harris also for people direct.

Anyway I think the reg so far appears to be performing exactly as I wanted and has pushed this conversion forward again.

Just needs me to get my head into gear now.

Matt