Matt

Anschutz 9015 stock options

I thought all was well with the 9015's...

If you get a good one, Lol has.

Neil Has ??? HOLLY

All is well with the 9015 I just wanted to bring on board another option for the 9015 and also Jon, Shaun and Jon go way back.

Shaun will be applying for an account with RUAG so he can get the rifles but more importantly access to Anschutz trigger units for his ISP.

I see now the rifle is slightly more consistent (it's not as dead, but then again a dead gun is not the most important to me) my gun was a development gun it's also been robbed of parts to help set the teams up last year.

Will see how having another option works for the 9015.

Matt

Also forgot to add, it's often the case we get asked about replacement regs and so we needed to find an option for shooters from a trusted source so as I was in the booth next to Shaun at the British shooting show I thought why not ask him, so I did.

Matt

So Is there any info to compare the options, price and performance etc?

As the converted rifles are bespoke, giving specific data is always going to be difficult.

If your in the market for a rifle rob speak to Jon or Shaun and discuss what your requirements are.

Matt

I was more thinking that someone with an action already could know what advantages over the standard one there is... Anschutz do a full power one don't they, or have they stopped that? 

The 9015 action onlys seem like a good deal, I just can't seem to keep up.

There are two 9015 factory action options, one is a 6ftlb action the other a 12ftlb action.

There are numerous bespoke options out there.  Jon is the one we've been working with for many years and reccomend, unfortunately pricing becomes difficult as the options available are endless.

Jon by his own admission doesn't do his own regs and so I spoke to Shaun to develop a reg to fit the 9015.  This is now on my Harris 9015, the factory rifle I have is totally standard (apart from a different trigger blade).

Customers have mentioned about having a replacement reg, hence speaking to Shaun.

So depends which way a customer wants to go, factory 6 or 12ftlb or bespoke.

I hope that clears up any confusion you may have.

Matt

Ah ok a multitude of options then. Just when I thought it was so simple. So the route you recommend is get an action from Anschutz, (ignore their 12ft-lb offering) send to Jon to fix & to prep for a reg, then to shaun for a reg, then you're sorted... cool. 

No, the route I recommend is the one that's right for the individual user.

I can and will help them come to the decision of what I think is right but ultimately it depends what the user is wanting.

Matt

2 hours ago, robF said:

Ah ok a multitude of options then. Just when I thought it was so simple. So the route you recommend is get an action from Anschutz, (ignore their 12ft-lb offering) send to Jon to fix & to prep for a reg, then to shaun for a reg, then you're sorted... cool. 

Dont forget the barrel from Phil...

Rob, why don't you just say what you are thinking :)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No, the route I recommend is the one that's right for the individual user.

I can and will help them come to the decision of what I think is right but ultimately it depends what the user is wanting.

Matt

Matt it would help if you could explain the differences... what won't each model/upgrade do?

We've got conversions from Jon (which now you say needs a new reg or a new reg is an optional upgrade, but Jon says he's done good ones), Tench & Nick (which I assumed were ok like Jon's were/are), and Anschutz which you say aren't recommended. And then we have the 6ft-lb ones which some have wound up and say are ok.

What does and doesn't work? Or keeping it simple, I want an action to use for FT, I don't want it to shift speed every 10 degrees for starters or shift POI, and it would be nice if the stabiliser worked at FT power levels.

1 hour ago, lol moore said:

Dont forget the barrel from Phil...

Rob, why don't you just say what you are thinking :)

LoL, has Phil done a barrel then for a 9015? I can't keep up with the amount of barrels he's done recently...

I'm thinking it was simple, but this is getting more complex by the post. A few said they were the messiah, a few said they were very naughty boys, then a few said they weren't, then their maker said they were sorted and selling them sorted, then someone else was sorting them at the same time as someone else was also sorting them, and now one of them has a new reg which is optional but to address something that someone wasn't doing beforehand, but perhaps they were and that just wasn't realised by me...

I'm aware some guns need sorting. I'm just not able to keep up with who's doing it and why on this one... it's like trying to take a shot at a moving target. I was up for one last year (when Neil did his review for the mag I was working on), then not because they needed sorting again, then they were sorted. Now just as the Euro is going back possibly our way, they need sorting again. 

It seems pretty random. I thought it wasn't supposed to be that way.

Feel free to clarify. :)

Neil has one of Jons 9015s . he says it is temp stable in any conditions . my steyr goes and down like a fiddlers elbow ??? HOLLY

Rob,

Nothing confusing at all.

Shall we start from the begining?

A few years ago I shot a 9003, converted by Jon harris, when I was told about the 9015 coming out, I was sent the updated parts and fitted just the trigger to my 9003.

Fast forward to the 9015 being released, a pre release one was obtained by Jon and converted for benchrest.  I was also asked to convert a 9015 for ft...I approached Jon to do the conversion.

The converted rifle was demoed at the British shooting show and a few orders were taken - it was agreed the conversions would be solely done by Jon.  However as people saw and tried the 9015 they wanted them but couldn't wait for Jon to convert the rifle so approached others to do the conversion.  Currently I know of six people converting the guns - there is nothing I or we can do to stop this it's down to the individuals to choose who they want to work with.  It is not the way I wanted it to be, but hey choice is good?

Anyway moving further on; Anschutz produced a 12ftlb factory conversion, myself and Jon were the first in the UK to see, use and try this rifle.

The 12ftlb rifle I have had for a while now and seems very good, I would say it's not as refined as the Jon Harris converted rifle but a factory rifle never will be as good as a bespoke rifle.

I believe you are misquoting me as I have never said jons conversions need a new reg it is more I and also Jon have been asked about replacement regs so i spoke to Jon and then Shaun at the British shooting show to produce one- I won't recommend a product without first using it.

With regards explaining each individual option I can't as I only have knowledge of jons conversion for mine and some not all the work he has done for his customers - as an example of why I can't explain every option take Jon's scope rails, dovetail, weaver, bespoke to a set of mounts, angled depending on users scope choice, height is dependent on what user wants, swing out spirit level, no spirit level....do I need to go on?

As far as factory conversions go, there are a 6/12ftlb action, 6/12ftlb in a laminate stock, 6/12ftlb in an alutech stock, 6/12ftlb in the one stock, 6/12ftlb in the precise stock.

Hope that makes things clearer.

Matt

So there's no need for a new reg with Jon's, but you just put one on anyway. 

Thanks Matt. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Rob,

I put one on so I could recommend someone to do one if a customer of Jon's wanted one.

Matt

Yeh, sorry I'm reading what you wrote on Facebook about it being more consistent than the Anschutz regulator which Jon doesn't do, and how people have asked for replacement regs... I think that's what gave me the idea that they weren't sorted, ie that there was enough demand for a consistent reg that someone has made a new one and it's being sold now.

I was primarily interested in the conversion differences, not the individual choices of spirit level.

When you say more consistent, is that chrono, temp stability or pressure trend/return/speed etc?

Rob,

The rifle is more consistent than the previous regulstor, the previous reg showed signs +-8-10fps the new reg (although it's too early to give conclusive evidence as only had two tins through it) is showing 4-6fps.  Return speed is supposed to be better.

Neither affect the accuracy of the rifle but I do understand people like to chase numbers.

I think your reading too much into things, people have asked for regs also why the reg is not changed when others are doing this conversion so I went ahead and got the reg changed to offer Jon's customers an option.

Matt

Pointless changing the barrel just an unnecessary cost.

Been there done it 13 years ago some 11 years before others jumped on the bandwagon.

Used to make regs until 1997 then left it to Shaun, its called not treading on other peoples toes.

Same reg by the way its a Mick Dawes type from 1983 same as used by ISP, Walther, BSA 1996 patents, NM 2001 onwards and many others since.

Factory 9015 sub 12ft/lb are labelled HP.

Action is available and same price as the 10M action. Order now, get end of April.

9015 are all the same your just paying more for the stock.

On going changes are filtering in when their old stocks have depleted, latest is the one piece steel hammer fitted across the range 10m and HP.

Since 2008 when the S2 was introduced theres been no effective change - fact just cosmetics and menial alterations.

Early S1 from 2004 can be updated to latest spec, at a cost, same rifle I used from 2005 to 2014 rain, sleet or shine all year round.

Regs take over 120bar operating, obviously the lower can keep it the better.

HP run around 112bar (on my older analogue guage) retaining standard Steyr valve, just the regs been turned down between o rings that's it.

Lowest reg pressure seen to date to get 800ft/sec 47bar on my old guage I think reads 8.6bar high comparing factory Fens thats supposed to run at 100bar register 108bar ish.

Of course you can just bolt on another reg, hey presto have the power but it wont cure the various things that need addressing.

Not to be confused with zero shift that alone theres 7 places that affect it and not cured just by free floating!

Two of the stocks you cannot just bolt on another reg.

Whilst here you hear X reg is better or gives more shots - Its a load of bull. A reg works or not, its nothing more than a pressure switch. If they all work or are reliable they do exactly the same job.

Posted (edited)

Jon

I was being flippant about the barrel (not like me), I would hope Anschutz fit quality barrels....I hope:)

On the pressure gauge its more likey to have a percentage of indicated value error rather than 8barg across its range....unless at atmospheric it reads 8barg then it could be 8barg across the range....I have precision digital gauge calibrators if you want me to check it :thumb:

Either way 47barg to get 800ft/s is impressive.....unless you were shooting a VFG felt :0:)

Edited by lol moore

Its my previously used glycerine filled guage Lol, just treat it comparably whether reads high or low.

47bar was Colins on here but sounded terrible, had to push it up past 62bar.

Forget what yours is certainly sub 74bar and can get the power at 60bar.

Posted (edited)

Cheers for the insight Jon. I was confused about the barrel comment, but seems its insignificant. 

Juan says he’s getting 4-5 FPS don’t know who did his, so guessing the inconsistency thing is almost down to the guns as a collection rather than the guns individual performance.

Might still have a look at one but to be honest I’ve got enough toys to play with. But for the money they seem like a lot of action which keeps me interested. Just the time thing to get onto it. Got a few queing up now awaiting a play. 

If looking for a bolt on reg then the Steyr one I’ve found to be very temp stable and returns so fast it’s hard to believe it’s working even on digital, once the work has been done to them. 

That might be a place to start but as you say there’s more to it than just a reg. 

Edited by robF

Yes Jon, ignore me, as Rob says "insignificant".....we really are not worthy.

1 hour ago, lol moore said:

Slow clap for the feigned victim dying swan act. 

There's no 'we' in the conversation.

When once again you interject with a comment that you later call flippant, and then when you get feign getting insulted because then thus called insignificant, there is no-one else involved. It's you creating the situation, and you playing it out so you look to be some sort of a victim.

It's just you, being you, again. Well done lol moore your most significant contribution is being a troll. 

I'd completely forgotten who you were over the years until you woke up in response to me posting something a while ago, which you seemingly now regularly appear to do.

It's a little sad you don't have more in your life.

2 hours ago, lol moore said:

Lol , has it taken you all this time to work that out ? Tsk Tsk ??? HOLLY:)

Juans is one of mine last year, the one Bristol Airport was going to confiscate for testing on his way out. Got away with it from my chrono printout, declaration and rfd.