Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ok I've seen the discussion or rather a couple of people going on about grading, anyone explain what's gone on or what the issue is?

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mainly the mob in AA Matt . who have flogged there asses off to get there and now been told that goes by the wayside . . personally  as the man once said " I Don't Give A Damn " ??? HOLLY

 

PS B Grade is where all the Men are . ohh yes .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What discusions this.

 

Had a look last night no mention in the last minutes or any where on BFTA site  of any change, not even brought to attention at club level who theyre supposed to serve via region again.

 

Looks like a fair few have been docked around 5%

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, robF said:


You don't shoot FT.

You don't have a sense of humour.

 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He does , it is just rather warped ??? HOLLY:0:eek:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Jon said:

What discusions this.

 

Had a look last night no mention in the last minutes or any where on BFTA site  of any change, not even brought to attention at club level who theyre supposed to serve via region again.

 

Looks like a fair few have been docked around 5%

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was posted by Martin Calpin via pellet on pellet, it mentioned about BFTA changing grades, then mid way through someone called another a snowflake and then I gave up reading it.

 

Was hoping someone would enlighten me what the issue is, is it something I need to be aware of?

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The FAQ is on STB in the BFTA forum Matt. You've got an account there, have a read :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its in the BFTA AGM minutes 11 Nov 2017 voted inhouse.

It mentions it in the minutes on MFTA site  24 Jan 2018 5D and 5E, currently end of page 2. This was not passed on to club level before hand to take a vote, therefore yet another inhouse vote.  https://www.mfta.org.uk/category/mfta-news/page/2/ 

 

They wonder why the numbers have seriously dwindled this year in our winter league. Take a closer look at why those that havent attended less than 3 shoots, theres 19 of them for decades havent been out of the top 30!
Rather than cure the problem theyre creating another rather than address the situation, shooters have had enough hence the bitterness.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

are the people at the top in touch with the members wishes . do they know the members wishes and if they did , would they take any notice . ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am the CRYING 😢 SNOWFLAKE who is a legend my region acording to some bloke. I am out of it now as it could get very silly. Seems like it could cause a fair bit of trouble but sounds like I am in the paint chipper group of non GP/Worlds shooters. Sadly due to not to well parents I will not shoot that much but it seems a shame for some shooters who have put in god knows how many hours practice and have started to shoot very well and thought they would be going up a grade to find out they are staying where they are. If it is true there is only 7% in AA now and also you are not able to move up a grade if you want at a Comp any more unless the grading man oks it so there is not much chance of me doing that. Still an on going joke in SEFTA about me needing a bodyguard after me standing up for the slight silly old bloke who I have know for to many year to add up and seems to post a bit on here. Still not having a go at my bodyguard but Nat is not the biggest person for the job in the region. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get Ahmet out of retirement Keith . he would scare king kong him ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jon said:

Its in the BFTA AGM minutes 11 Nov 2017 voted inhouse.

It mentions it in the minutes on MFTA site  24 Jan 2018 5D and 5E, currently end of page 2. This was not passed on to club level before hand to take a vote, therefore yet another inhouse vote.  https://www.mfta.org.uk/category/mfta-news/page/2/ 

 

They wonder why the numbers have seriously dwindled this year in our winter league. Take a closer look at why those that havent attended less than 3 shoots, theres 19 of them for decades havent been out of the top 30!
Rather than cure the problem theyre creating another rather than address the situation, shooters have had enough hence the bitterness.

 


It was on the Agenda for the 2018 AGM which was passed to all regions, and posted on the BFTA site. There was some discussion at the table and the decision was that the Grading Officer could do what he thought was fit as there isn't enough time to get the data from the Winter League and then assess it, then look at a solution, then propose it to the regions, some of which cannot seem to make a decision without asking their clubs or shooters who then have to feedback to the clubs and regions and back to the BFTA.

It doesn't affect Winter Leagues, firstly because it's only just come in, and secondly because it affects national grades which are suggested be separate from regional grades, so in that respect it gives the MFTA remit to do what they like with theirs.

Whilst I'm all for keeping people informed I'm not all for constantly sending things up and down the chain because someone changed a letter in a sentence. At some point someone has to grow a set and take some responsibility for their decisions.

If you're not getting communication then the next step is to approach the rep, and if they aren't doing what they are voted into to do, replace them. Otherwise nothing changes, and whilst forums are great for having a shout, they rarely, if ever, do anything to change anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a concern for many years decisions made in house without consulting the people theyre supposed to serve.

Remember the bag rule enforced 2 years ago on us, constantly greeted with "It will happen", shooters spoke out at club level to a vote and forwarded to region, they had to retract.

 

Bottom line with BFTA constitution its the shooters that tell region and in turn BFTA.

Or another way of looking at it how can BFTA vote when no consultation to regions and in turn to the shooters.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, holly said:

are the people at the top in touch with the members wishes . do they know the members wishes and if they did , would they take any notice . ??? HOLLY

 

depends which body hols.

In the BFTA the members are the regions. It's not the BFTA's job to tell them how to form a vote, just to bring it to the table.

In the regions the members are the clubs. It's not the region's job to to tell them how to form a vote, just to bring it to the table.

In the clubs it's done however the the club sees fit. It's the club members job to tell them how to form a vote as they are the club.

Now, having done this job for over a decade in various forms I can say two things. The majority are only interested in things after a vote when they realise there's a change that affects them, and most people are not interested enough to do anything about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jon said:

Been a concern for many years decisions made in house without consulting the people theyre supposed to serve.

Remember the bag rule enforced 2 years ago on us, constantly greeted with "It will happen", shooters spoke out at club level to a vote and forwarded to region, they had to retract.

 

Bottom line with BFTA constitution its the shooters that tell region and in turn BFTA.

Or another way of looking at it how can BFTA vote when no consultation to regions and in turn to the shooters.

 


Because it's not the BFTA who shooters are a member of Jon. And it can't tell region's how to vote, just that they need to.

If change is required it has to be done from the bottom up. The regional or club constitution is the place to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My club reps totally dished me the last 3 months, now i know why.

 

Quite correct Rob.
Thats what i was saying its the shooters that have the say to regional and in turn to BFTA. Its not happening, in fact can only recall one pre meeting ever and that was last year around October.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how MFTA do it. I know how CSFTA do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RN10 said:

 you are not able to move up a grade if you want at a Comp any more unless the grading man oks it 

Thats not the case though Keith, you can still choose to move up a grade the same as its always been. :)

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the grade boundaries have been rejigged?  AA is now smaller, from what is mentioned above you can still elect to go up a grade if you want - how does this effect teams is that taken from your official grade or the elected grade?

 

Is the issue that some are no longer in the top grade or the fact there's some higher grade (based on old system) been moved to lower grades?

 

If its been agreed by shooters at clubs, then at region and finally at bfta level then it is what it is, can't see an issue really?

 

I shoot against the targets in a comp, not against another shooter - always been the same no matter what grade I was in.

 

Matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of shooters don't Matt . they see it as the way forward ??? HOLLY

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteveC200 said:

Thats not the case though Keith, you can still choose to move up a grade the same as its always been. :)

 

 

 


Not necessarily. If you read the tag at the end of the grades you'll see the grading officer is only allowing people to elect up if they are very close to going up anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic!!!! Its now on 3 forums🤣🤣😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance of me being able to go up a grade at a comp after my card being marked by the BFTA bloke for sticking up for Holly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, robF said:


Not necessarily. If you read the tag at the end of the grades you'll see the grading officer is only allowing people to elect up if they are very close to going up anyway.

I bet the "very close" would depend on who you are though. Bit open to abuse. Set a target for those allowed to elect to move up ( within X% ) No arguments then :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can i go down to C , i wonder ? HOLLY 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

holly how the hell can you down with the new pup which looks the nuts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just jessing keith . i have my name down for a place  in AA grade . errr shortly ??? HOLLY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, robF said:


Not necessarily. If you read the tag at the end of the grades you'll see the grading officer is only allowing people to elect up if they are very close to going up anyway.

 

Takes me back to March 2008, BFTA made a mistake shoud have dropped in to B just, yet won A grade GP series and one of the first qualifiers!

Same applied 2013 elected to shoot AA and won Summer League from the then current world champ by one target.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×