well Darron reckons he is kicking your ass lately ??? HOLLY:thumb:

12 hours ago, holly said:

Can i go down to C , i wonder ? HOLLY 

Your making a good job of doing that on your own Holls ūüėā¬†

7 hours ago, holly said:

well Darron reckons he is kicking your ass lately ??? HOLLY:thumb:

Would be hard to do that Holls as I haven’t seen Jony shoot in ages.

No cos he knows what he is gonna get if he shows up Darron ??? HOLLY

Wouldnt be hard only got rifle out 22 times last year and not shot since Christmas.

Now i would be a B using a scope i dont gel with.

You like the T50 . there is a MK 11 out , try that ??? HOLLY

Its not a Mark 2, just a change of turrets, slimmer focus and rubberised zoom ring.

Had all two prototypes they were called T52, ones on Falcons front page orange.

Nothing new in the world Jon . The Big News In grading is the B grade is the place to be . yes if you are anywhere else . your out of it boy's ( and girls ) ??? HOLLY

Is that where you’re at now Hols?

Yes stan cos i cannot kneel . i have to do 8 standers . not easy ??? HOLLY

Thinking of doing open myself. I just don’t enjoy standers anymore,I don’t mind kneelers though 

I did the winter league before last as open . i did was my boast , not miss one stander the whole of the winter . ha hah .does make a change to relax when you get to a gimi stander lane . nice . this year i did normal and it dropped me down to B grade ??? HOLLY

5 hours ago, springboy said:

Thinking of doing open myself. I just don’t enjoy standers anymore,I don’t mind kneelers though 

Think youre  missing the point of open class Stan

BUT is he Dave ? maybe not . i thought the idea was to encompass as many types of shooter who are unhappy with shooting in GPs  whether they are unable to do positionals or not . there is a stigma put on open . which should not be there . let the man shoot what he wishes ??? HOLLY

You know what would make Open class more 'acceptable'? Shooting different, harder targets on the positionals lanes.

What would make FT more enjoyable is scrapping the stupid rules and one clubs statement its all about standers and kneelers.

Many would not be in AA rather some in true B!

Daz take notice tomorrow do know the ranges within 1 yard of all targets in the wood, they fall in to that rule 90 yard to a lane. 40 yards a gimmee, 42 1/2 deserves respect, 45 yard all average B graders should hit, 47 1/2 most A should hit. Now if slap a mediocre 47 1/2 yarder out that leaves almost a gimmee to go with it! So end up with an easy easyish course decided on standers and kneelers nothing to do with FT's original intent 'Wind and trajectrory.'

Lane 1 standing, 2 50 yard and a 27 yd 1" if not moved early on, most 42 - 44 yards, takes you back to very early 90's with lower mag scopes.

26 minutes ago, SteveC200 said:

You know what would make Open class more 'acceptable'? Shooting different, harder targets on the positionals lanes.

Agreed Steve. They could put 2 mini kills any distance out to 55 yards to bring it in line but I think they’d be worried that a lot of people would shoot in open class 

1 hour ago, SteveC200 said:

Yes a good idea Steve . they could include on the lanes 5 twenty five mill kills at ranges from 40 to 55 yards . paint em a different colour or such ??? HOLLY

PS i quite enjoyed shooting open . no pressure . just enjoyable shooting . bit like practice .

PS through the whole winter league i only missed one positional . a 45 yard kneeler lane . i came out for and it went straight .

On 3/24/2018 at 10:55 PM, holly said:

Yes a good idea Steve . they could include on the lanes 5 twenty five mill kills at ranges from 40 to 55 yards . paint em a different colour or such ??? HOLLY

They would be up in arms over that Holls you know what theyre like no more than 35 yards lane total 70 yards!

Bare in mind to keep the peace most seem to have likes Sundays shoot because they dont know any better or dont know what a little work involves leaving to others.

Thought was a gimmee course shot to death since 2010 avoiding any wind by target placement and reduced ranges. And still cross 6 strings with shorter targets across them, boring.

I think you have to trust who ever is laying out the course . if they think a 50 yard 25 is get able . yes go for it ??? HOLLY

Now Holls havent i been saying that for decades, too many stupid rules decided by the boys in the cliques rather than adhere to who theyre supposed to represent.

Apart from th courses got easier over the last 7 years now down to a level its not worth getting gun out of the car even if your there, that will never happen with this crew.

At GP level Jon i have no problem with what ever they put out as long as it is the same for all ? . but for local stuff i think there has to be a lead in to the big shoots . so club and opens need to pull the targets in some . otherwise a lot of new people will give up and not bother . horses for courses ??? HOLLY

Since day 1 using a .22 HW80 i have never ever plinked away at short range stuff, its got nothing going for it just handed out rather than earnt.

See no point in 40mm below 40 yards, well maybe 1 or 2 on a 40 shot, its a gimmee.  I could guarantee slapping a new scope on and just getting a 30 yard zero visually gues sthe range and be assured to hit just aiming top of kill. What you do get is a lot have shot exact same targets for years weekly meaning 300 times and still go through the rythmn of rangefinding, dialling in then ranging again, jeez learn the ropes.

To an extent i can see Simons argument to redo on own bat the grading, courses have become too easy for C, B and lower A the last few years they have effectively gained a grade higher due to the mickey mouse short range stuff you dont need a scope for.

When i did courses i would never put anything out that you didnt have to work for. So what if their scores are lower, better to have an enjoyable day and remember for years after some of the shots.

Yes Jon BUT we have to cater for everybody . you are obviously a strong character . lot's are not and need some , at first at least some more gentle handling , which is why for the lesser shoots . i like the old way of laying out courses . in other words . one target per lane an average B grade shooter ( Me )  should get . and one target per lane a good A grade shot should have to try hard to get . something for everybody ??? HOLLY

Is there an argument for putting out additional targets for the higher grades? Obviously it means not everyone is shooting the same course but if the shoot is graded does it matter? Maybe 3 targets per lane but only two are shot, which ones depend on your grade. Its more work for the course setters but as a shoot it would work. AA and A shoot the longer two targets, B & C shoot the shorter two, with separate 100% scores for each course. You could almost do away with grades and just have Division 1 and Division 2. :)

Edited by SteveC200

I think something must be done eventually  . because the division between the top shooters at the GPs who need a very hard course to sort out the winners and what is probably 70% of the competitors at these comps ( educated guess ) is i think getting bigger . ??? HOLLY

Thinking about it, it wouldnt take 3 targets per lane on every lane. Maybe only 5 or so lanes/extra targets. It wouldnt take any imagination either, just have a mini placed next to the full size kill target on positionals and 40+ yard targets, that would do the trick. :) Dont know if it would work with the current grade cut offs though, Maybe have 80% up in the 'top' grade.

1 hour ago, SteveC200 said:

Is there an argument for putting out additional targets for the higher grades? Obviously it means not everyone is shooting the same course but if the shoot is graded does it matter? Division 1 and Division 2. :)

Valid point Steve my take on two grounds is some grounds lack of available space, more work involved and a presence of being crammed in.

I am not one for grades, always said do away with them. There becomes a point having grades for everything and just a matter of turning up for a win.

I like the idea of minis for the top grades 15mm @ 45 yds etc. But of course that would affect some of their %'s so will never happen

Food for thought what do you all think are realistic ranges each of the grades should be able to hit 9 out of 10? 40mm kills.

C 45

B 47 1/2

A 50

AA 52

Plinkers and hunters using .22 should be able to get 40 yards 7 out of 10 visually ranging by eye and holding over.