On 28/03/2018 at 6:24 PM, SteveC200 said:

Is there an argument for putting out additional targets for the higher grades? Obviously it means not everyone is shooting the same course but if the shoot is graded does it matter? Maybe 3 targets per lane but only two are shot, which ones depend on your grade. Its more work for the course setters but as a shoot it would work. AA and A shoot the longer two targets, B & C shoot the shorter two, with separate 100% scores for each course. You could almost do away with grades and just have Division 1 and Division 2. :)

Until say,A graders keep missing the mini and become B graders

You assume that everyone will.be trying to.maintain a grade lol

Just seen the new rolling 16 gradings. Out of 849 shooters only 38 are in AA. Very cosy 

As I said elitist 

good down here in B grade chaps . no elitism down here . ??? HOLLY

There’s a ton of shooters in ungraded A. Even sir Nick 

I hear you can not go up a grade at a Comp so as it is said a totally elitists sport if ever there was one. I feel sorry for shooters who put the time and in and in a lot of cases a lot of £££££ in kit wise in SEFTA and who thought they may have got to Aa to see the goal posts moved. I wonder what the Aa graders think about as I have no axe to grind with any one in AA as they did not move the % . First time I have been out of the  top grade in 20 years but that is down to me only shooting maybe 10 comps a year with no practice and having got away with it till this WL. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, RN10 said:

I hear you can not go up a grade at a Comp so as it is said a totally elitists sport if ever there was one. I feel sorry for shooters who put the time and in and in a lot of cases a lot of £££££ in kit wise in SEFTA and who thought they may have got to Aa to see the goal posts moved. I wonder what the Aa graders think about as I have no axe to grind with any one in AA as they did not move the % . First time I have been out of the  top grade in 20 years but that is down to me only shooting maybe 10 comps a year with no practice and having got away with it till this WL. 

Kieth

If a ahooter is  AA they are shooting agianst AA grade ahooters for top slot in that grade, also had a chance of winning open trophy if there was one .

Now if they are A they are shooting agianst A grade shooters for top slot in that grade. Also for overall trophy if its an open or something.

And so on down the grades

How is this elitist??

As.someone that was barely AA and is now A i dont give a damn, the numbers say Im A then Im A

And we all know you.cant buy a championship

Edited by dc1

I aint got no beef with current grading except raising the bar.

Is that the current grading as of 15/04/2018 grading including lasts weeks fiasco where loads of AA put in low A scores? Dare say mechanical breakdowns, do it for one person can do it for all.

In theory current way should give a better inclination carrying last 6 national shoots. My beef is i am carrying two scores from that devastatingly unsafe course 2016, taken on 10mag guessed ranges visually, held over standing, card handed in to take the P..s 40% region.

Can see some regard as elitist because it now limits that grade to the so called top shots of which theres not many.

Rather than sort the problem out in the past new grade was added AA and goal posts changed twice since. As before if it was proper FT many in AA would be in true B.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, dc1 said:

Kieth

If a ahooter is  AA they are shooting agianst AA grade ahooters for top slot in that grade, also had a chance of winning open trophy if there was one .

Now if they are A they are shooting agianst A grade shooters for top slot in that grade. Also for overall trophy if its an open or something.

And so on down the grades

How is this elitist??

As.someone that was barely AA and is now A i dont give a damn, the numbers say Im A then Im A

And we all know you.cant buy a championship

The problem is that there are people that maybe 0.5 or 1% missed out on AA like yourself  are now in A competing against A grade shooters that would never be in AA   ,myself included. So in that respect it’s a little unfair. Even though on paper it looks like everyone is in A,in reality they’re still good enough to be in AA,it’s just the goal posts have been moved. Not having a dig at you Dave but you said it yourself. You were barely in AA but you were AA and you are capable of giving any of the top shots a run for their money and you have in the past. 

Edited by springboy

But you're in B aren't you Stan and you didn't do any GP's last year... so I'm not sure how it affects you? My apologies if I'm wrong.

As I understand it regions are encouraged to use their own grading, so perhaps SEFTA is where you want to make your proposal.

I think if shooters have been spending money to get trophies they perhaps should perhaps skip that and employ a coach. Jack seems to be doing just fine with a gun and scope combo that could be had for a grand.

20 hours ago, RN10 said:

That Keith is cos your getting past it Mate ??? HOLLY :thumb::f2::soj:

5 hours ago, robF said:

But you're in B aren't you Stan and you didn't do any GP's last year... so I'm not sure how it affects you? My apologies if I'm wrong.

As I understand it regions are encouraged to use their own grading, so perhaps SEFTA is where you want to make your proposal.

I think if shooters have been spending money to get trophies they perhaps should perhaps skip that and employ a coach. Jack seems to be doing just fine with a gun and scope combo that could be had for a grand.

You’re correct Rob but it’ll be the same for you. You’re an AA shooter no two ways about it but with the new grading you’re in A and probably a better shot than someone that is an A grader so you can probably understand how some of them may feel. It’s the same for all grades. Personally I’ll just shoot in whatever grade I’m put in but to have just 38 AA grade shooters in the whole of the country is a bit strong 

The rolling 16, are these scores from the last two years or ?

Just looked I only have three scores one from the bfta champs, presume others are from last bfta comps I shot which is 1.5 to 2 years.

Matt

Think that's what's been said, anything over 2 years is dropped - means I'll never have 16, as I only shoot a max of 6 W/L shoots a year

Ah found it, I can't remember what shoots I shot after the 2015 GP series, though must have shot some?

Matt

Interesting about jack . he was given a FTP or won it . that went . he was lent a 9015 . that went . is the EV2 the secret . is the man the secret . guess we won't know unless he shoots another rifle ., ??? HOLLY

Last 6 national shoots are the last to be dropped, BFTA minutes 2017.

Where I have up to 6 BFTA scores for a shooter, these will be
the last scores to drop
off the rolling 16 / Not replaced until they go out of date or are preplaced by the
following summers national scores

Sure i seen 3 years some where as in out of date.
You lot voted for it and lift the boundaries, only MFTA didnt!

1 hour ago, holly said:

Interesting about jack . he was given a FTP or won it . that went . he was lent a 9015 . that went . is the EV2 the secret . is the man the secret . guess we won't know unless he shoots another rifle ., ??? HOLLY

It’s all about knowing your kit. You’ve said it before,he’s in a position where he can’t afford to spend time getting used to new kit. He’s at the top of his game and that’s where he wants to stay,so if he shoots a new rifle/scope and takes a while to get used to it,it won’t look good. 

Every body falls stan . nobody stays at the top for ever . there is new kit coming out all the time . can you afford to lose the kit race . then there is the travelling . for some  it can wear em down . the expense , the time . new fellas coming along . you never know ??? HOLLY

Funny enough this came up with Daz earlier, told him stick with it and now the confidence has suddenly clicked.

Both days i would have expected a score similar to Jacks, not so got 5 and 8 more on a hard course especially the last two lanes. Difference here is confidence and to say it gone before picking rifle up confirms.

Wore me down in 2008, still think i bought the GP title not earnt it only missing the Scottish GP.

Not so bad if have some one else to go with.

A shooting partner helps to share the cost and keeps you awake on the long drives . ??? HOLLY

they will be grading sillies and attendances next :)

52 minutes ago, DTM said:

they will be grading sillies next :)

As of this year, they are.

Never ever shot Sillies dont interest me.

22 hours ago, holly said:

Every body falls stan . nobody stays at the top for ever . there is new kit coming out all the time . can you afford to lose the kit race . then there is the travelling . for some  it can wear em down . the expense , the time . new fellas coming along . you never know ??? HOLLY

Very true. I think jack came 49th. 

You could be the next new thing Stan . or Maybe Not ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, DTM said:

they will be grading sillies and attendances next :)

Should grade just talking about FT on the internet :D

7 hours ago, robF said:

Should grade just talking about FT on the internet :D

Wow at last AA . yeahhhh ??? HOLLY

:D

Rob , you baffle em with science . i baffle em with a load of old B---------------s ? same as what is between grouchers ears ??? HOLLY :thumb:  :)  :soj: