I think the problem a few have with the gradings is that unless I'm mistaken Simon only replaces shoot scores with like for like, so in an extreme case if you shot 20/40 and never shot another GP that would keep you down forever.

No, he will replaces your oldest shoot with your newest shoot.

However if you don't actually do any shooting and just spend your spare time talking about doing a shoot then your grade won't ever change because talking about grading in FT or just talking about FT isn't graded... which is a shame as some are really good at it, even coming up with excuses as to why the can't shoot which rival the excuses of shooters as to why they can't hit targets :D

I think forum posters should be graded. Thing is I think it's probably unfair on the less prolific posters who only turn up now and then and drop a real nugget into the mix... where as you and I and others who belt feed the internet have quite a high batting average.

Rob, I like to think of ourselves as the forum long-range sniper, letting off the occasional one shot one kill.

With that analogy in mind then Holly is sitting behind a 249 SAW with a huge box of ammo...:)

Edited by Eaton Rifles

1 hour ago, robF said:

No, he will replaces your oldest shoot with your newest shoot.

However if you don't actually do any shooting and just spend your spare time talking about doing a shoot then your grade won't ever change because talking about grading in FT or just talking about FT isn't graded... which is a shame as some are really good at it, even coming up with excuses as to why the can't shoot which rival the excuses of shooters as to why they can't hit targets :D

I think forum posters should be graded. Thing is I think it's probably unfair on the less prolific posters who only turn up now and then and drop a real nugget into the mix... where as you and I and others who belt feed the internet have quite a high batting average.

Someones tired from yesterday

yeh, but not emotional mate... (you missed the smiley, red eyes?)

Was it a quiet drive back down with only dan sharing his 4 misses or did you fill in with your bounty? :D

31 minutes ago, robF said:

yeh, but not emotional mate... (you missed the smiley, red eyes?)

Was it a quiet drive back down with only dan sharing his 4 misses or did you fill in with your bounty? :D

He tried to tell how disapointed he was. Simon and I shut him up 

Rob has a point about current activity on the shooting scene . BUT what is not taken into account is Past activity . experience . if you cannot look into the past , you cannot know whether what you have is a improvement . so here i sit , the past . BUT not past it ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

PS YET .:soj:

10 minutes ago, holly said:

Rob has a point about current activity on the shooting scene . BUT what is not taken into account is Past activity . experience . if you cannot look into the past , you cannot know whether what you have is a improvement . so here i sit , the past . BUT not past it ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

PS YET .:soj:

The problem with only having past experience is you get out of touch with the current . 

But im always happy to read your pearls of wisdom Hols

I do three GPs a year mon deu . how is that out of touch . i do the winter league . . how is that out of touch . i stand in the rain and mud like everybody else . how is that out of touch . i help put out courses and lose my socks doing it . i shoot three days a week . i have tried lately . a 9015 . a tsar  and the latest steyr . i have tried a March scope . a Sightron ( Spit ) . a hawk . a T50 various 20=50s .how is that out of touch . get it right as Rob would say .??? HOLLY :)

PS errr maybe a bit of practice might help your scores dave . just saying .:thumb:

Who said youre out of touch??

I just said i was happy to read your pearls of wisdom. That was to only reference to your good self.

Edited by dc1

Ah davinia where are you now ??? HOLLY

PS Clarky is still looking for her .:soj:

Do i detect a smigen of jealousy here Colin ??? HOLLY :)

PS is it memory's  of days gone past in france  per chance 

1 hour ago, holly said:

Do i detect a smigen of jealousy here Colin ??? HOLLY :)

PS is it memory's  of days gone past in france  per chance 

Now you've set me off... where are my pills...:)

Ah those were the days, two mini-buses worth of Lady Venture scouts, four of us doing Duke of Edinburgh Gold hikes through the Pyrenees for three weeks.

Those Ladies were anything but....:rolleyes:

Sounds like my old motor cycle club . i thought they should have changed the name to Sodom and Gomorah . ahh yes good days . those ladies knew how to keep a chap happy ??? HOLLY

Money is all that is needed ??? HOLLY 

PS Lots of money .

18 hours ago, holly said:

Money is all that is needed ??? HOLLY 

PS Lots of money .

You mean that true love doesn't have a place chatting you up on the beach. You've lost your touch mate...:)