Sign in to follow this  
Falcon

Grant's/Renewals

If you live in the Midlands I have just read that our very own Police commissioner, Mr. David Jamieson, has put it out there that in his opinion the price that we pay for Grant's and renewals for our licence's is not acceptable. He has hinted that it should be another £38 or so, and he goes on to say why should the police subsidise shooters.

In my opinion I feel that as we paid an increase not so long ago, it's fair and just to leave well alone. 

I mentioned before on this site that the initial Grant of a licence is when the main background check's and footwork are carried out, that may warrant an increase, but I fail to see the logic in saying that Renewals are causing the police a headache, when all checks are already in place with flag's picking up any anomalies, shouldn't it then just be a click of the button?

We managed before we had a Commissioner, maybe if we made him redundant we could fund at least another couple of bobbies on the beat.

Bob  :doh:

Renewals in my neck of the woods in Essex can take up to a year at the moment and that with zero changes, i.e. no variations, changes of address or circumstances. The ridiculous thing is that they give you a temporary ticket while they're sorting out your 'main' ticket and it is exactly the same.

I've had them lose paperwork, send a certificate second class that never arrived and made me wait three months 'just in case' it turns up and my experiences are by no means the worst. Total shambles and they want to introduce air gun licensing in England as well, give me a break. 

When my renewal was due not so long ago they posted me a temporary permit, what a waste of time and paper, they sent me paperwork with all my shotguns on and I noticed an anomaly, so when we had the telephone interview I told them they had me down for a Beretta, they asked when did I  dispose of it I said  4 years ago.

I don't think they have the manpower,trying like a good many establishments running on a shoe string.

Air gun licencing would be a nightmare there must be thousands out there.

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

When my renewal was due not so long ago they posted me a temporary permit, what a waste of time and paper, they sent me paperwork with all my shotguns on and I noticed an anomaly, so when we had the telephone interview I told them they had me down for a Beretta, they asked when did I  dispose of it I said  4 years ago.

I don't think they have the manpower,trying like a good many establishments running on a shoe string.

Air gun licencing would be a nightmare there must be thousands out there.

Yep one the things they left off mine was one of my .22 rifles, so I contacted them, sent them back the wrong ticket and when I received the new one a month later it had the rifle but they'd then taken my .22 ammo off it....a total farce.