Sign in to follow this  
holly

MUD and the HFT boy's .

Well i thought it was bad at the buccs winter league course ( and it was ) but i think the Kelmarsh HFT worlds course was at least as bad . . it seems they are gonna move it to june .so hopefully they will get better weather ??? HOLLY

that's right Holly it will be moved to june and also at a different venue, It was the worst muddy conditions ive ever shot in...trying to take an unsupported Kneeler or stander when your sinking in mud is not ideal!

was a good day tho ...first comp got underway at 8am ..last comp finished at 19.00pm long day as Monday's shooting was cancelled because of the weather so had to be all done on sunday

went back yesterday to help clear the bravo course that we set up and it was underwater 

I used to shoot a few HFT shoots at lea valley . i did until one shoot where they put a lane on purpose in a puddle . now then  nobody had mat's . so you had to lay in it to see the target in a pipe . that was my lot thank you very much ??? HOLLY 

PS one of the ladies there used to do the splits on some targets . now that was interesting .

The event is moving this year having been cancelled and rescheduled. That applies to this year only as far as I know, and the HFT Worlds went ahead at the ground without the event.

Cannot see why they hold it in the winter . i mean it is not to sort out who can get the muddiest . or maybe it is ??? HOLLY 

It was held in Spring not winter.

HFT an out door sport same as FT used to be.

Lookout the window Jon . case you did not notice . it is still winter ??? HOLLY

Its Spring, clocks went back last week and cant be that bad if buds appearing on trees.

Pussies, its an all year round sport or used to be, gone are the days of -6 in 40mph hale storms, take the rough with the smooth same for everyone.

Pete has said the event will be moving in date next year.

to a different country? hahahaha

8 hours ago, Jon said:

Its Spring, clocks went back last week and cant be that bad if buds appearing on trees.

Pussies, its an all year round sport or used to be, gone are the days of -6 in 40mph hale storms, take the rough with the smooth same for everyone.

Hope you didn’t put your clocks back last week Jon 😂👍

8 hours ago, Jon said:

Buds on the tress Jon . they get blown off the trees over here . you soft mainland lot . get some in ??? HOLLY:soj:

Posted (edited)

I have had a great money making idea . since it is pretty obvious that the HFT boys are well not quite there in the bonce , wanting to shoot in deep mud . how about if i go around with a large stick and beat them whilst they are shooting or waiting to shoot . that would add to the misery of it for em . they would be able to show each other there scars and for a few quid extra i could sign em . no don't thank me ??? HOLLY:0:soj:

Edited by holly

On 05/04/2018 at 5:59 PM, holly said:

Buds on the tress Jon . they get blown off the trees over here . you soft mainland lot . get some in ??? HOLLY:soj:

The only wind from down south is coming from your mouth Sir Holls.

Poke and hope no skill.

You boys don't know what a good blow is Jon . nice sheltered ground like yours ??? HOLLY

For once Sir Holls i would have to agree with you, certainly sheltered the last 4 maybe 5 years from the spikey stuff in the old quarry.  On average 1/4 filters through, now thwy have to put targets in to or the breeze from behind - pot luck boring.

Then you need to visit heartbreak ridge , over here  . the ruin of many a good score in the winter ??? HOLLY

Bit too far to go for a club shoot Holls, Millride was the last stand for proper FT until 18 months ago.

On our ground . the wind comes in from three different directions Jon .one field to the north . one to the east and off the hill from the south . when the leaves come off the trees it is murder . cos you never know which direction is the stronger . what it teaches you is not be thrown by this just try harder on the next one . take nothing for granted  ??? HOLLY 

Shoot it skillfully then rather than look at the leafs telling you nothing. FT was never intended to be guesswork but has become it decided on disciplines.

Your not listening Jon . have you ever had a nightmare you could not wake up from , that is our course on a windy winters day ??? HOLLY

We had a shoot at Springfield HFT v FT. It was cold and raining and one of the HFT lads walked off half way round. I said what’s the matter and he had the audacity to say “I don’t know how you FT boys do it in this weather”! To say I was shocked was an understatement lol. 

Rock Ard Us stan ??? HOLLY

PS Turn the central heating up missus .

On 09/04/2018 at 10:37 PM, holly said:

Your not listening Jon . have you ever had a nightmare you could not wake up from , that is our course on a windy winters day ??? HOLLY

Heard in the past too horrific for you at 12 -15mph.

Seriously i used to be one of the top 25% that could shoot in proper wind ie hit as many as aiming edge of kill (1/2 kill movement.)

Surprised your not aware, proved it time and time again to current World Champs over the years in seemingly impossible to them targets. When i said with an audience "Mark this down" before scope goes to eye i only ever failed twice in 27 years!

Not seen what i do on 10 mag as well at range standing and holdover, learn the ropes.

Next winter our course awaits along with us . so you can show us poor mortals how it is done ??? HOLLY

I aint shot for 18 months, would take me many months to get back in to it but no where to shoot that practices FT locally.

Jon you know the answer . your good self and Darron could start your own club . get some land . sort out some good men . restrict membership to decent lads and lasses . you are then in business ??? HOLLY

I wouldn’t be interested Holls, I’m not an avid club man I never have been. I will be spending most of my summer on the National circuit so will have little time for the club. It’s a base for me and that’s that. A new club would need time and energy I don’t have. Jon get yourself over to Blackbrook there are 3 courses there now and plenty of wind. I may now be at Millride Saturday 

To be fair i didnt expect you and Josh to rejoin for next year.

Blackbrook looks about 25 mile and half a pig to get to from me. Far Coley about the same but same but never done any club stuff for years, same scenario with current crew. Harriers 1 every 3 weeks i think, Enville and RWedge caters for plinkers only leaves nothing.

I get fed up of shooting same course twice over two weeks, yet some get rave reviews for leaving a comp course out all year round that can practice on 364 days of the year for more than 12 years!

Might be an area down the A449 before Gailey i will put the feelers out should be ready now.

The trick is to do as dopper has done at MAD Jon  . you get the place . sort out some targets . get a few good lads in and hand the running course wise over to them . you just keep the reins . get the best of both worlds . ??? HOLLY