holly

The Regional's .

Anybody know who won the individuals today at the regional's ??? HOLLY

Early bird catches the worm Gary . i thought it was this weekend . oh well . you know publicity is one of the things that keeps sport alive . there seems to be none in FT . bout time BFTA and EFTA got someone to get results out the min the happen / plus push events that are going to happen . look at the worlds it was like secret squirrel . ??? HOLLY

Yes Holly but the weekend in Saturday and a Sunday.

Your retired so everyday is either a Saturday or a Sunday. No wonder you get so confused at times:doh::)

Either way they have all sorts of officers in the BFTA EFTA . but they don't seem to have a publicity officer . reports from the event in real time . not two days afterwards as an after thought .. but hey ho maybe not ??? HOLLY

Darron hillier clear on inters course, excellent result.

Matt

Excellent doing  it when needed . well done darron ??? HOLLY

Well done from me Daz, surely thats answered your critics.

-covered in gore- brilliant Darron! Chuffed for you!

Thanks everybody it’s very kind of you. Jon I did say if you build it I will do you proud, I haven’t achieved anything yet but that cheer that went up when the last target fell made me feel very humble and proud of the friends that I have made. 

That was some shooting Darron. You and Wrecker have kicked the national season off in fine style.

4 hours ago, robF said:

That was some shooting Darron. You and Wrecker have kicked the national season off in fine style.

Thanks Rob, will just be happy to keep making steady progress and if i can throw in the odd good one then i will be real happy. Im going to focus everything on Italy now just like i did for the Welsh Worlds, i know that by strictly following the plan (more like regime) to the letter, with a fair wind and a bit of luck i can be at my ultimate for them 3 days, if that will be good enough will be another question but i would dearly love to come home having given the best of me like i did in Wales.

Take it as it comes Daz, cant win em all unless super human. Further to that not an easy course, feel free to gloat.

Carry on the banter we will still be rooting for you.

Hope they handed you the trophy.

See you Saturday might get my rifle out for first time since Christmas. No marks on scope had wheel anodised should be good enough for Millride of late on 10mag.

Looking at the scores . it seems as if there is starting to be a big divide between the also ran's and the top shots . did they put out a harder course on the first day and easier on the second to take account of the different grades in the team event , i wonder  ??? HOLLY

34 minutes ago, holly said:

Looking at the scores . it seems as if there is starting to be a big divide between the also ran's and the top shots . did they put out a harder course on the first day and easier on the second to take account of the different grades in the team event , i wonder  ??? HOLLY

No they -covered in gore- didnt

lol

Indeed.

All the positonal lanes had a max or close to max target in them. One kneeler was elevated, the other was a splayed lane. Most sitting lanes had a 50+ in, and I remember going to max or very close 2-3 times. Then you had a few reducers to add to the mix. A least 2 lanes were over 100 yards.

The wind was subtle, not a lot to read, and switching. I went 10mm out on a target, it was the wrong side and it pushed me 30mm further out. That was the opposite to the lane before. A target low on the ground at 45yds took an edge, 50yds up in a tree went straight.

Day 2 was probably easier to read but it was coupled with distances that you needed to be spot on with and couldn't just hang out and maximise a drift with.

Last 2 lanes were a 43 (dunno, I put 42.5 in and it was a tad blurred but sent it on that and it fell...) stander, and 17 yd stander after (which quite a few missed), then something like a 45 yder in one direction and a long (cant remember if it was max or 53) elvated target exposed to wind (or lack of it).

Seeing two clears in two days on two technical courses shows just how far the sport has come.

The second day was slightly harder Holls as it was longer but same light winds as Saturday. It was possibly the longest course I have ever shot and had the wind got up it would have been carnage.

51 minutes ago, dc1 said:

No they -covered in gore- didnt

Indeed

Cant work out from the scores both days why certain people have failed miserably. As in 6 to 9 down when usually at the top.

Did it rain Saturday did here, conditions change or course not suit certain people.

Good to hear decent ranges put out to sort the men from the boys, maybe its that.

Rob has pretty much summed it up for me. I didn't have a good time of it really, particularly the sunday. I was fine for the first 9 lanes, got to the bend and just never got to grips with the wind after that. Give it a kill and it took nothing, give it nothing and it takes a kill. Or go the wrong way. It did my head in. :hit:

Two clears on those courses is stunning work.

Steve it was one of those days that you either got or you didn’t we’ve all had them. I wouldn’t be to hard on yourself mate. On another day that course had all the ingredients to muller me, I got my guesses right, had a little luck and performed well. If you were having a bad day it was long enough to add to your misery in heaps

49 minutes ago, Darron said:

Steve it was one of those days that you either got or you didn’t we’ve all had them. I wouldn’t be to hard on yourself mate. On another day that course had all the ingredients to muller me, I got my guesses right, had a little luck and performed well. If you were having a bad day it was long enough to add to your misery in heaps

Absolutely. I've been doing this long enough to have had plenty of 'those days'. Lol. Its a -swearword- though because if I had shot the score I think I should have it would have made a difference to the team placing.:doh:

When i started  the saturday was the hard one . obviously to sort out the men from the boys in the individuals . but the second day is and was a team event . ten scores to count out of the 15 in the team . when i asked why . i was told because usually for most regions . probably 6 to 8 of those team members will never have done it before . so if you slaughter them with a really hard course on the sunday . odds are they won't wanna come back for any more .  and since it is a combination of ten members scores . it does not have to really hard . perhaps those who lay out the courses need to take this into account .??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, Jon said:

Take it as it comes Daz, cant win em all unless super human. Further to that not an easy course, feel free to gloat.

Carry on the banter we will still be rooting for you.

Hope they handed you the trophy.

See you Saturday might get my rifle out for first time since Christmas. No marks on scope had wheel anodised should be good enough for Millride of late on 10mag.

I’m having a weekend off this weekend I think Jon apart from a little training if possible. I do hope to hear that you’ve had your gun out at Millride though it would be good to see you back behind the trigger.

9 hours ago, holly said:

When i started  the saturday was the hard one . obviously to sort out the men from the boys in the individuals . but the second day is and was a team event . ten scores to count out of the 15 in the team . when i asked why . i was told because usually for most regions . probably 6 to 8 of those team members will never have done it before . so if you slaughter them with a really hard course on the sunday . odds are they won't wanna come back for any more .  and since it is a combination of ten members scores . it does not have to really hard . perhaps those who lay out the courses need to take this into account .??? HOLLY

It would make sense to make the Saturday the harder challenge on that basis Holls. 

If you stick a target at 30 yards a good shooter can't hit any better than one that isn't so good.

The champs saw 140+ booked in. Think weather probably trimmed that down to 110. The 1st GP has 3 spaces left, the 2nd is filling up fast. 

I think everyone I spoke to there thought it was a really good weekend. Well organised, good atmosphere, some great shooting. 

14 hours ago, robF said:

If you stick a target at 30 yards a good shooter can't hit any better than one that isn't so good.

At the same time its handing it out for literally nothing a tin can plinkers guaranteed to hit.

I am a firm believer every target has to be earnt not given then decided on disciplines. Might just as well lay a line of standers and kneelers out with our regions idea of a course Joe public had no input on!

7 hours ago, Jon said:

At the same time its handing it out for literally nothing a tin can plinkers guaranteed to hit.

That's my point Jon. 30yd full size kills aren't really a test for anyone these days and don't differentiate. The standard of shooting is very high, I was squad 8 and there were still long targets on both days with barely any misses... then there were some like the standers and kneelers with plenty. 

The weather is always going to be or should be the prime consideration when setting courses. Another 5mph of wind on that course on Sunday and it would have been carnage. I spoke to Calps and he wasn’t happy with the length of the course.