Sign in to follow this  
holly

To Shoot For Your Region ?

Right i was talking to Neil Mac . he is the secretary  for SWEFTA . i asked do your boys get anything for going to the shoot . the answer was yes . they get £60 pounds and a hat . the £ 60 is raised by using money from the golden bunny in there summer league . now that sounds like a very good idea and one that could be copied by others ??? HOLLY

Daz will be able to answer for our region.

In the past i never got anything at all not even a hat. Nowadays hats come from coffers of MFTA.

Our winter and summer league gimmee Golden bunnies are luck of the draw split 3 ways from a hat. Its why most enter as they stand a chance of winning some dosh.

It’s just the hat from the MFTA but your entry to Champs and Inters is also covered.

26 minutes ago, Darron said:

It’s just the hat from the MFTA but your entry to Champs and Inters is also covered.

Same here for SEFTA and I think most of us are happy enough with that.

I think for nefta, we used to get a hat and entry paid, buts it's been a long time since I -excrement- the winter league and qualified for the inters.

I like the sentiment about covering costs, but I always remember the feeling when asked to represent my region at the event - it meant something to me- it wasn't about being paid to attend and I'd have been there no matter what the costs.

Matt

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I think for nefta, we used to get a hat and entry paid, buts it's been a long time since I -excrement- the winter league and qualified for the inters.

I like the sentiment about covering costs, but I always remember the feeling when asked to represent my region at the event - it meant something to me- it wasn't about being paid to attend and I'd have been there no matter what the costs.

Matt

Same for me Matt

Central pays for out of the £3.50 it gets from each person attending a winter league

The hat.. approx £10-15 per person

The entry to the inters £75

The trophies, approx £300

So with 6 rounds at we had at a guess £750 in revenue. 

What you are suggesting is that in addition to the £500 we spend on 10-15 people (as most of the grade winners will be in the team), we then spend the approx £250 left on them as well. 

If so, then two things.

Firstly it's never been proposed before. Secondly, it needs to be proposed at the AGM.

So there's a choice here. Either you can complain that organisations never talk to shooters but then instead of talking directly to representatives of them you start a thread on a forum that only about 10 people visit, or you can actually raise it with your club rep and get it proposed so that something gets discuessed and actually changes.

Your choice.

Sharing costs the weekend cost me £120 in accommodation, food and fuel. So to cover costs for the team we sent would cost around £1000, and if we sent 15, would be about £1500-2000.

Calls went out via email, FB and the comp sec asking people. Money was never mentioned as a reason why people didn't attend.

North Oxon was defending their HFT title after a reschedule had a clash which I didn't check up on. 

Two other shooters couldn't make it due to family commitments.

One other's rifle went down the day before.

That's 6 shooters.

No one suggested that there was a lack of loyalty to your region . what was suggested was it was a good idea . that would cost the region nothing . if you don't want to do that . well good luck to you . please continue as you are . i have no axe to grind i don't go . ??? HOLLY

PS since you rich bitches have so much money . please feel free to send some to me . :soj:

You say it will cost the region nothing, ok, so where does the money come from? We already run 50p from the entry to the bonus bunny which is up to the club to disperse as they see fit. So are you suggesting that we add say 50p or a £1 more per entry that goes to the team? I assume that means it comes from the region's shooters then.

You suggested something, now follow through and work it out and get it proposed.

Anyway, you're the one who sold up so he could retire... I still have to work for a living... you should have plenty of time and money to help out.

Rob it is quite simple as far as i can see . half of the bunny to to the shooter who wins it and half towards the team . the club already gets money for holding the round . i retired when i was 69 . how much longer would you have liked me to have worked . i live on my pension . more like exist . i hope you have made better provision for your old age than that . ??? HOLLY

But to fair holly we already have the sport being called elitist and people walking around with paint chipper badges rising up against the nasty AA grade shooters - so what you are advocating is rewarding the top shooters from a region.

Me, as I have said before, I see it s a honour and privilege to qualify for the team whether that be inters team or England team and no matter what the cost is I'd be there to represent the team.

Matt

I think your getting the wrong end of the stick Darron  . the shooters who have worked hard to get in the team i think should get what ever help the region can give them .nothing elitest about that . they are not going begging cap in hand . nobody has demanded anything . i pointed out that SWEFTA had a good idea that hurt no one and helped the regional team . i cannot think of anybody i know who would object to that . i have shot for regional teans for as long as i can remember . good fun it was too . but a bit of help would not have gone amiss . like i say if you are all happy with it as it is . the god speed ??? HOLLY

Quite agree its a sense of achievement and honour representing your team at any level.
If good enough you are specifically asked whether you will shoot knowing the terms.

What  Robs saying is how does the region cover the associated costs, it cant without reaping in more dosh and dependant upon the turnouts.

To give some idea our W/L was £7 average in the past 67 now down to around 52 plus golden shot £1 split three ways presume 30 odd enter.  Summer League was £6 now going up to £7. Think now its 50/50 split region to club based on all w/l 10 shoots. In other words chuck a course out, do a bad job, get a menial turnout and get same dosh as all the others.

By that if your region has lower turnouts its less dosh coming in to other regions. Or another way of looking at it if only have 40 turn up against 60 else where, to reap same revenue each shooter would have to fork out an extra £2 rounded up from whatever you pay now.

Better to cover the costings up from those that have no chance of getting in to a team. You know the type, feeling they cant compete unless forking out several grand.

Well the way i saw Jon was that even if the money raised was only a fiver per man . it would pay for a hot dog and a tea . but it seems nobody wants anything from the regions . so it ceases to matter . . end of ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Rob it is quite simple as far as i can see . half of the bunny to to the shooter who wins it and half towards the team . the club already gets money for holding the round . i retired when i was 69 . how much longer would you have liked me to have worked . i live on my pension . more like exist . i hope you have made better provision for your old age than that . ??? HOLLY

Here’s the facts. 

6 winter leagues average (at a guess) 35 shooters. 

6 x 35 x 50p = £105

that means each shooter will get £7 by your scheme 

it also means anyone winning the bunny at a round will get around £8.75 which is £1.25 more than their entry fee. 

As as I have said the region already pays £10-15 per shooter for a hat and £5 entry fee for the inters. In addition it’s likely £150 would have been given to 6 of the shooters in the form of trophies, if not more. 

So whar you are suggesting is taking money away from the bonus bunny to give each shooter about £7 

So you need to propose it then.

That’s not my job, that’s yours. I have plenty of work to do for the region, all of which is unpaid and a lot of which I don’t get expenses for. Your job is to come up with the proposal and get a rep to put it in. 

Then the regional reps can discuss and vote on it. That’s their job. 

Till then nothing will happen. So if you actually care about it beyond getting some air time on the internet do something about it. I don’t care what you did in Sefta, this is csfta you are talking about. Back up words with actions or they are just that. 

And if you don’t do anything then all I’ll assume is that you don’t really care about what you write and I won’t spend the time discussing it in the future. 

Nobody is interested Rob . so there is nothing left to say . just glad everybody is happy . ??? HOLLY

PS All i did was pass on an idea from SWEFTA that i thought was a good one . that would help some who might need it and encourage others  to try it . i was not demanding action . this is a forum . you put forward ideas . they may be liked  , they may not . someone else may add to it or point out errors in it . as has been seen . nobody on here thought it was a good idea . that's it . . 

• Like 1

As I have repeatedly said, this isn't the place to get anything changed. If you think it's a valid idea pass it on so the region can discuss it. Do a little bit of work to persuade the region you actually back the idea enough for them to consider it.

Posted (edited)

If you look at the original post Rob . it is nothing to do with CSFTA  as such . i quoted what i thought was a good idea from another region . one that was worth considering by other regions  in the current climate of people struggling to get by . SWEFTA has dragged it's self off the bottom of the regional league by doing this . this or another method of raising dosh , might be considered by other regions . darron has said he thinks the honour of shooting for his region is enough . Darron is obviously not skint . well everybody is not darron .

??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

1 hour ago, holly said:

If you look at the original post Rob . it is nothing to do with CSFTA  as such . i quoted what i thought was a good idea from another region . one that was worth considering by other regions  in the current climate of people struggling to get by . SWEFTA has dragged it's self off the bottom of the regional league by doing this . this or another method of raising dosh , might be considered by other regions . darron has said he thinks the honour of shooting for his region is enough . Darron is obviously not skint . well everybody is not darron .

??? HOLLY

And where do you get the idea I’m not skint Holls, I’ve got 5 kids and an 18th century Manor House that takes a lot of up keep! That’s before we even get talking about the holiday home in Barbados that needs staffing as well. If you think the Bentley runs itself think again. To he whom much is given much is required dear Holls.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Then sorry sorry sorry darron  . i did not realise you had taken on the national dept . please accept this wad of oncers i am sending in a plain brown envolope .care of Jon ??? HOLLY 

PS you have got some hope of getting it off old Jon . luck Ha Ha ha .

Edited by holly

I'll make sure he gets it Holls bring it round the pub now.

Should see him through the day.

Nowadays , my oncers would just about buy a packet of crisps Jon ??? HOLLY

On 13/04/2018 at 9:03 AM, holly said:

??? HOLLY

and where did I say to pass it onto CSFTA?

But as it's your idea and you're in CSFTA if you think it's worth backing then probably your club rep is the best place to start, as would be others from other clubs.

As you do refer to CSFTA, 3 shooters couldn't attend due to a clash which was a slip up on CSFTA's part not realising the inters were on the same date as an event that had to be rescheduled (a CSFTA HFT date), and another shooter's rig failed on the Friday. So undoubtedly we wouldn't have been 8th either. 

The process is the same as when we've come second. 

this was a suggestion for those who had an interest in helping competitors going to the regionals . one i thought worth passing on . unlike some i don't try to score points . no mention of central or any other region , cept SWEFTA . who i thought did a good job with this idea  . i have enjoyed shooting these comps for a long time and i hope others will continue to do so . good company and good comps .  what more could a shooting man ask ??? HOLLY

So make the suggestion Hols.

AGM will dates will be announced soon and the agenda will be open to the club reps for proposals.

We are in the midst of a sec change i think . in fact the whole commitee . so i don't know if a rep will go ??? HOLLY

They don't need to attend to propose something. They can do that via email when the agenda goes out, or even beforehand.

See what is said Sunday ??? HOLLY