Sign in to follow this  
holly

Sure Shot .

I would just like to say a word of thanks to Matt at Sure Shot . after buying one of his Aeron CZ barrels . it turned out they were duff . useless . after contacting him . he gave a full refund including postage . i don't think you can say fairer than that . excellent service and i will not hesitate to use matt in the future . recommended  HOLLY :) :thumb:

that's great news...hope the other lads get the same, so what barrel is the next purchase ? 

Already got it John . a Walther Loathar Barrel . said to be a match barrel that came from Pax airguns when he sold up . been very good , accurate and consistent . only problem has been  putting it on my new stock . which solidly mounts the action to the stock . it is letting the vibrations caused by firing the rifle move into the stock and altering the vibrations in the barrel ( i think )  this changes the group sizes at various ranges . so gotta try to sort that out . but apart from that , good ??? HOLLY

Simon got a full refund as well, so hes got a LW as well now which, so far, hes very happy with.

Holly, I got a couple of those PAX barrels, would have to check the exact dimensions but the PAX direct into the Steyr chassis is sloppy fit by about 0.3mm and vibrated in mine too.

I had to sleeve it up to be a snug fit which cured the vibration.

Don't know which Steyr chassis you have but the later LG100 and all 110 have two screws holding the barrel, these are fitted with 5 or 6mm long grub screws, to my mind too short you can get 8mm ones in there to use all the thread for security.

Worse still are the original Mannlicher chassis that have a single screw.

As an experiment try a single piece of electrical PVC tape along the bottom of the barrel where it fits in the chassis see if this helps with the vibration, no good long term but may point to your vibration problem.

This barrel  is over size lol  16.15 mm the muzzle brake i had made was 16.2 to fit . . it certainly seems snug . it worked OK in my 110 . yes it is a 100 and yes it does only have one bolt . will give it try lol your idea if the added O rings in the forward support don't work . i cannot get my carbon fibre sleeve all the way down it . as said good barrel ??? HOLLY

35 minutes ago, SteveC200 said:

Simon got a full refund as well, so hes got a LW as well now which, so far, hes very happy with.

Yes steve mine is not pellet fussy and groups as well as i can make it . seems to like air arms 4.52s .8.4 . run mine at 777 . just like the number . luck at springfield ??? HOLLY

LW barrel's seem to be a safe bet...not seen or heard of a bad one that's been machined properly.....

Springfield ...is that springfield in Essex?  ....im paying this club my first visit this Saturday for a hft comp !

Yep only one spring . say hello to kilty for me . if you see a big galloot called Big Paul; . kick him in the nuts and run ??? HOLLY

PS good course and not easy . watch out for the loop that goes down to the stream if it is windy . the high ones are bitches .