Sign in to follow this  
holly

REDFERNS .

Well this weekend the three muskateers  . Desperate Dan ,  The Groucher and syco . head off ooooop north to try there luck , in the groucher mobile  . who will have the boasting rights on the way back . who will have a hang dog look on there face . this and many other things will be revealed SOON ??? HOLLY  :)

Dan Dan the AA man's should beat the other 2 paint chippers. 

Looking forward to this event, not been shooting much of late but just looking to have a laugh.

Still need to set gun up for fit, hopefully get it sorted as the season progresses.

If I can finish in top half its a good start to the season.

Matt

Hols, do you know that open doesn't qualify for England 2019 places? For the sake a of a few positionals I wouldn't want to see you miss out.

I don't mind helping out Rob . . but my day is done big comp wise . let you younger fellas go for it . i enjoyed my worlds . hope all those who enter enjoy theirs ??? HOLLY

My hero!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Has Holly had his PC hacked?

I have to think of you boy's ? suppose i turned up with a 25 year old rifle  and scope and kicked ass . you boys would never live it down . ??? HOLL

It’s ok we’re used to John Chopping doing that anyway lol 

The excitement Mounts . who shall be top dog at Redferns ? not an easy ground that one . be interesting to how see Darron does and of course all the boys with there 9015s . was the last shoot a flash in the pan or will in be anschutz all the  way . might have a couple of bob on Berty for this year ??? HOLLY

Well Lads , what are the Scores On The Doors ??? HOLLY

From am session, Bertie was 3, jack 5 - I shot with jack and design Edwards, I missed five out of first ten and struggled, can't believe how nervous I was - I finished 11 down not great, but I think it's fair to say pm had the better weather conditions certainly upto 3 pm when I left.

Matt

Sounds like a good day out Matt and a steep learning curve . but you gotta be in it to win it ??? HOLLY

Berty 47 and 100%

Dan 46

Croucher 38

Chubs 35

Jopson 34

For me it was a very good old school course, I again learn a lot and need to change a number of things.

I did start the session saying if I can get up into the 40s by the end of the season I'd be happy so to be close after a disastrous start I'm very happy.

Matt

Sounds like dan is on the up . i did say that berty would be the man this year . looks like he has  made a good start ??? HOLLY

Tricky conditions. From straight to plate was required. My last shot was 20mm outside of a 25mm reducer at 25yds and it only just made it in. 5/11 of my misses were positionals. I lost 1 sitter to going straight, the rest I lost typically by about 1/2-1 kill.

My GPS extracts data from the day when it gives me the downloaded data (it doesn't collect wind data realtime...). It showed AM was 15mph, PM 12mph, 45 degree change in wind direction.

AM and PM scores seem equally spread.

I didn't find any gimme's on the course. Some very good shooting and some very good shooters out there. PM saw Brian Samson do a 46 with a springer beating the AM's 43 from John Farbrother who was equally equipped.

Does not sound like Mr Evans is happy on face book Rob . the thing is to be a top shot , you have to be ready to take on ANY conditions . yes brian with that springer was a score and a half . steve must have been disappointed . still as they say it is what it is ??? HOLLY .

As we all know, some days you're up and some days you're down but as Baz Luhrmann eloquently said, the race is long and in the end it's only with yourself.

Hats off to Brian with that score he really had to work for that.

PieMan isn't happy because he didn't ace a 47 and it was a long day.

At least these days you can book a slot, it was even more of a long day in ye olde dayz when you'd turn up for a GP at the other end of the country and still be waiting to shoot after lunch despite signing in at 8am...:fume:

Posted (edited)

Oh haven't seen that.

I wasn't happy with my start, which included 4 positional misses. The rest I worked hard at and got the rewards. I was on the edge all the way around and as soon as I went soft on a target either giving less wind than I should or being bold and staying in I got bitten.

My positionals need work because I'm losing my thoughts on windage when on the shot. Lost 3 to that.

Anyone dropping 5 or less on that was shooting extremely well. 42 ish was about AA class in my estimation.

Edited by robF

2 hours ago, Eaton Rifles said:

At least these days you can book a slot, it was even more of a long day in ye olde dayz when you'd turn up for a GP at the other end of the country and still be waiting to shoot after lunch despite signing in at 8am...:fume:

In all fairness thats the only way you will get the same competition on the day.

Of course you could have turned up at 10am had an easy ride, booked in and did your stint of marshalling, get rifle out for a plink and be ready for 12 ish.

Jon one shoot in particular stands out and Holly remembers this. St Helen's at a scout camp or something right up in Liverpool.

Left at 3am blitzed up there in my Celica and almost ran Holly over on the entrance to the car park but the sod was too quick for me.

Anyways, signed in at 7.30am with Holly, the only other people there were the Kent Woodsmen mob and we were the top 8 or so names in the book. It's ######ing down and the sky is as black as anything.

So, I go off to help with the course as it's still being worked on, have a burger and a cuppa go and see stats to see when I'm shooting and they say first couple of squads but they're short on lane marshals so would I mind doing a lane for an hour and then I'll be able to get ready and shoot.

So off I go sit on a lane and marshall for nearly three hours waiting to get relieved, people either side of me get swapped out regularly but  I'm left there. Eventually I've had enough, stomp over to stats and they know nothing about me marshalling but I'm now in the last squad starting at 2.30pm. Not happy as I'm wet, cold and haven't even got my gun out of the car for a plink.

By the time my squad finished it was getting dark and just to top off a dismal day I didn't get back home until nearly midnight due to a smash on the M6.

That was the GP that made me decide never to travel again, but of course it's different now. 

Yep that was the shoot that finished marshalling . roger moy was sat in the rain for three hours . not amused . end of . shame in a way . cos i enjoyed marshalling . ah well everything happens for a reason ??? HOLLY 

PS we dodged that smash by going around the back and cutting over to the A1 ?

2 hours ago, holly said:

Yep that was the shoot that finished marshalling . roger moy was sat in the rain for three hours . not amused . end of . shame in a way . cos i enjoyed marshalling . ah well everything happens for a reason ??? HOLLY 

PS we dodged that smash by going around the back and cutting over to the A1 ?

You would, I crawled through it for three odd hours.

That was where the idea for the FT brolly down the neck was born out of necessity as I was sitting on my very sodden bean bag for marshalling.

Godforsaken place that was, luckily I've blotted out my score but it certainly wasn't worth the agony.

Speaking of blotting out scores. Is there a valid reason why Mr Evans' scores aren't visible to all?

You would think that the grading officers scores should be visible to all to allay any suspicion of percentage manipulation.

The annoying bit was i was still clear to the halfway point . then the water got into the untreated walnut . it warped and i did not hit anything else . after that i got the stock painted by Keith ??? HOLLY

6 minutes ago, DTM said:

Speaking of blotting out scores. Is there a valid reason why Mr Evans' scores aren't visible to all?

You would think that the grading officers scores should be visible to all to allay any suspicion of percentage manipulation.

I don't think he is in a very good mood at the mo . going by what he has to say on face book ??? HOLLY

8 minutes ago, DTM said:

Apparently as BFTA grading Officer he can do that.

He recently gave himself 98% so I suppose he can....:)

8 minutes ago, holly said:

I don't think he is in a very good mood at the mo . going by what he has to say on face book ??? HOLLY

Only because he shot rubbish at GP1.

He seems to do better when he's been out on the lash, had no sleep and driven for 6 hours non-stop to a shoot.

Let him a decent nights sleep and chauffered and it all goes -breasts- up.

well he speaks highly of me ??? HOLLY