Sign in to follow this  
holly

Air Gun shooting Show ?

James the big lad on the air gun show . has a new vid out . he is gonna try to shoot a pellet out of one rifle barrel and down  another barrel head on . from 15 yards . with a 40 foot pounds daystate .  anyway he does it first shot . there is an exploding jobbie at the end of the barrel . so you know he has done it . and a shroud fitted over the barrel of the target rifle . so it  is not fiddled by shooting past the barrel . with a witness .. anyway the funny bit is the way he slags off the rifle he is aiming at . from a well know english maker . they must have really upset james . have a look ??? HOLLY

Posted (edited)

What is the 'target' rifle? He really didnt like them did he? It must be pretty poor for him to concrete it into a bucket. 

His name is Giles by the way. ;)

Edited by SteveC200

Posted (edited)

It looks very much like an old BSA ??? HOLLY

PS sorry Giles .

Edited by holly

Posted (edited)

Sorry, can't stand the guy - puts me in mind of Clarkson (another I can't stand) OK to watch with the sound off though

Edited by SuffolkRifle

you love him or you hate him . but he is a sarky git ??? HOLLY

Not exactly a great feat of marksmanship, gun rested, short range, now if he had have done it sat in FT position, prone, kneeling or standing then would be something to show, or even at 25 yards (though used to shoot with a guy who could put 2 x .22 rimmies through the same hole time after time at 25 yards - prone using diopter sights) 

22 hours ago, SuffolkRifle said:

Not exactly a great feat of marksmanship, gun rested, short range, now if he had have done it sat in FT position, prone, kneeling or standing then would be something to show, or even at 25 yards (though used to shoot with a guy who could put 2 x .22 rimmies through the same hole time after time at 25 yards - prone using diopter sights) 

Not the one in the paper, the other one into the backstop trick again Gerry?  🤣

It's an SMK 208 Supergrade by the way, not a BSA.

Oh right Graham . does look like a BSA ??? HOLLY

Giles does make me laugh, though he has learned from his earlier videos where he said that something was 'total and utter tosh'.

Maybe true but doesn't guarantee you free stuff to play with...:rofl2:

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 6:24 AM, Eaton Rifles said:

Not the one in the paper, the other one into the backstop trick again Gerry?  🤣

No Col, I was 'spotting for him once when he fouled up & put the 2nd shot a fraction off, was still a '10', just not a '10.1', which was his 'normal' - I was just usually happy to get a card with 94+, he was unhappy if he didn't get 100.7. Thing was, it wasn't just .22 he could shoot - he could also get sub 4" groups at 200 yards with a .303 using 'battle sights' (and the -swearword- would hit the pointer if you were in the butts, just for a laugh)

I think that’s standard procedure to hit the pointer lol. Always gets them calling and having a right old moan 😂😂

He would love what is my favourite competition down at Bisley, the McQueens.

It’s a mock up of a castle with windows and parapets and basically you have a hun’s head target on a long stick that is randomly exposed at the windows and battlements for three seconds then faced away for seven. This is repeated ten times then the ‘head’ is scored.

Three seconds sounds like a long time but in reality you have to snap shoot to get a shot on before the target is whipped away. I use a home load .223 for this comp. as you need a fast zippy bullet. 

I’ve seen people shoot this competition, fire ten shots and not hit the head once....🤣

At what range ??? HOLLY

What was the point?

17 hours ago, holly said:

At what range ??? HOLLY

300yds usually though I have shot it at 600 & 100yds.

The hun's head is actual size as shown below:

2iu43t4.jpg

Now if it was standing . that would be a challenge ??? HOLLY

14 hours ago, holly said:

Now if it was standing . that would be a challenge ??? HOLLY

I think standing and shooting on Century would get you a lifetime ban in very short order. They’re really hot down at Bisley these days since a complete turnip put a round through his own car after shooting a detail.

I’ve never seen so many blue land rovers turn up so quickly for that one.

No FAC for him any more then ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

No FAC for him any more then ??? HOLLY

No, I doubt he'd be let loose with a pea shooter.

We have a standard practice with bolt actions that the bolt isn't in the rifle until you are on target and ready to shoot. When you've finished your detail it's bolt out, prove rifle clear then you can bring it back from the firing line.

It's done us well over thirty years shooting at Bisley with zero incidents.

reminds me of the time we were on the anti Tank Range with the Carl Gustaff  ( charlie G ) . we were going to practice with the sub calibre rounds ( a tracer like round that went into a dummy round that allowed you to shoot the weapon without firing a 84 mil round . anyway out comes all the gear and dry practice is ready to start  . everybody is  lining up on a CPL who was not well liked . , sorting targets on the range . there is two on a Charlie G team . so i had six riflemen . first two up got there practice round . i said did you check the round . blank looks . ok give it to me . unscrewed the base and there  was a sub calibre round in it . a live one . how i don't know . they are checked and checked but there is was . it would have gone straight through Cpl Foster . old flossy as he was known , never knew how lucky he was . speak no evil , hear no evil . that round went into my pocket and was fired later on when the live firing started . all good fun ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

reminds me of the time we were on the anti Tank Range with the Carl Gustaff  ( charlie G ) . we were going to practice with the sub calibre rounds ( a tracer like round that went into a dummy round that allowed you to shoot the weapon without firing a 84 mil round . anyway out comes all the gear and dry practice is ready to start  . everybody is  lining up on a CPL who was not well liked . , sorting targets on the range . there is two on a Charlie G team . so i had six riflemen . first two up got there practice round . i said did you check the round . blank looks . ok give it to me . unscrewed the base and there  was a sub calibre round in it . a live one . how i don't know . they are checked and checked but there is was . it would have gone straight through Cpl Foster . old flossy as he was known , never knew how lucky he was . speak no evil , hear no evil . that round went into my pocket and was fired later on when the live firing started . all good fun ??? HOLLY

That’s why you have Sargant’s, otherwise if it was left to the Ruperts there would be dead squaddies all over the shop.

That Carl Gustav is a beast when it goes off, sod being behind that kiddie with the back-blast...😳

all you had then was the rubber insert ear defenders . good for the rifle and GPMG but no good for the 84 . your ears rang like a bell for the rest of the day . accurate though . at three hundred yards you could easily put one through a window ??? HOLLY

40 minutes ago, holly said:

all you had then was the rubber insert ear defenders . good for the rifle and GPMG but no good for the 84 . your ears rang like a bell for the rest of the day . accurate though . at three hundred yards you could easily put one through a window ??? HOLLY

Three hundred yards?

I wouldn't be interested in anything that didn't allow me to pick off a tank at a thousand at least.

At three hundred yards they'd be all over you...😂

That is what the mine fields are for . defence in depth . anyway you don't really want to fire it at all . cos once spotted , end of ??? HOLLY

10 hours ago, holly said:

That is what the mine fields are for . defence in depth . anyway you don't really want to fire it at all . cos once spotted , end of ??? HOLLY

Except that they’re all over you with mortars while you’re trying to put out a mine field, especially for tank mines, those bar mines are huge.

Still, I. Guess I’d take 300yds over the Finns options during the war where their only option was a jam jar full of petrol shoved into a tank air intake while his mates are busily trying to hose you down.

One of the reasons why the Russians quickly learned that tanks without infantry are just so many targets.

Your knowledge of russian tactics col is pitiful . you don't ponce about with mortars when your steaming along in your tank and apcs . you do what your supposed to do , you steam roll over everything ??? HOLLY 

Russian tactics - fighting retreat until Winter, mop up what's left of the opposition in Spring

54 minutes ago, SuffolkRifle said:

Russian tactics - fighting retreat until Winter, mop up what's left of the opposition in Spring

Very true Gerry, worked for both Napoleon and Hitler...👍

True but the difference is , we won't invade russia . they will try to invade us ? trouble with that , is the russians don't have a good track record away from home . plus steaming along in your Tank / Apc . is all very good till you run out of juice ??? HOLLY