Sign in to follow this  
holly

Air Chrony

Posted (edited)

If you can afford the radar Jobbie , good luck . me i could afford the Air Chrony . i suppose i could sell all my rifles get a posh chrony  and throw stones past it . might get more hits that way as well ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Very likely i'd say.

Anyway, found a flaw with the LabRadar which means it probably won't be seen as a competition chrono. It's fine if it detects the shot, but on very quiet rifles even with the mic really close to the muzzle it won't always do it. We've got one which it missed about 90% of the shots and seeing as the action & silencer is largely standard it would mean we'd probably have a problem in any given competition.

Ive not played with the radar jobbie myself,just used it when its there. My only concern with it is what ia the minimiuim range it will pick a pellet.up at?

Legal limit is 12ftlb muzzle energy, so if it needs say 3ft downrange to track its not measuring muzzle energy.

Just wondering 

4 hours ago, robF said:

Very likely i'd say.

Anyway, found a flaw with the LabRadar which means it probably won't be seen as a competition chrono. It's fine if it detects the shot, but on very quiet rifles even with the mic really close to the muzzle it won't always do it. We've got one which it missed about 90% of the shots and seeing as the action & silencer is largely standard it would mean we'd probably have a problem in any given competition.

Simple , ban silencers ??? HOLLY

On 5/31/2018 at 4:28 PM, robF said:

Very likely i'd say.

Its never stopped the BFTA before in 18 years.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jon said:

BFTA been using this -rubbish- well over 2 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJraRL-5FjM

Jon they haven't. They use the LMBR R2. The chronos come in the BFTA kit box and are passed on to every region hosting an event. I've not only been part of the CSFTA crew organising their grand prix i've also taken then boxes to and from other GP's as well. 

They do not use the Air Chrony. The only time I've ever seen it in use was at the WAFTA Quarry GP.

I've got several photos over the years of the R2's being used at BFTA events.

Edited by robF

So Jon , what is your alternative ??? HOLLY